Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    If the Phoenix Force does end up on an Avengers team, I demand that any Avengers with her who were involved in AvX admit they were wrong.
    It would need to be acknowledged bc it would be the big elephant in the room. They tried to destroy the PF bc they viewed it as evil and a force of destruction, yet Jean is the living embodiment of it. By their own logic, they would want to kill her as they Sh'iar have tried. I dont see how this could go ignored and it would be a big miss if it is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I respect your opinion but we have different views on this. To me, Maddie was her own person, not Jean reincarnated. I never read the issues from her debut till death as Jean, but rather Maddie, the clone that Sinister sent out
    I know a lot of Maddie fans (and non-Maddie fans) really view her as a separate individual. I don't because not only does it clean up the mythos a little, but Claremont makes his view clear several times. I view Phoenix as a reincarnated/resurrected Jean as well but I try to stick to the Claremont mythos when it comes to Jean since few others have a handle on it. I view the Maddie from her debut to Jean's return as being the sort of fake persona Sinister planted and also glimpses at what a Jean without powers may have been like (since we know Claremont loves to give his non-powered heroines lots of agency like Ororo and Carol). With Jean's return, things diverge and Maddie becomes more and more on the path of Dark Phoenix and closer to the real Jean, or at least her Dark Phoenix counterpart. There's a reason that right before Inferno starts, Maddie is wearing a black evening gown that is identical to what Jean was wearing before she became the Black Queen in the Dark Phoenix Saga (UXM 132). And just like Jean became the Black Queen, Maddie becomes the Goblin Queen from there.

BANNED

Well, well, well...after all these years..after ridding the comic populace of the overpushed Cyclops/Emma drama, they bring her back. I'm eager to see her reactions to the choices Summers made, to being face to face with Magneto after New X-Men #150 had her thinking he was something else entirely, and the reunions with Lorna/Storm. 13 years of this waiting.
    Last edited by JasonEsta; 09-18-2017 at 11:59 AM.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It would need to be acknowledged bc it would be the big elephant in the room. They tried to destroy the PF bc they viewed it as evil and a force of destruction, yet Jean is the living embodiment of it. By their own logic, they would want to kill her as they Sh'iar have tried. I dont see how this could go ignored and it would be a big miss if it is.
    Oh I think they will have to especially if they find out the truth about the 1,000,000 bc avengers and how the Phoenix force was a member of that eras avengers.

Fun fact Jason Aaron co-wrote avengers vs x-men the event had rotating writers, so there might be some acknowledgement of avx in marvel legacy.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 09-18-2017 at 11:59 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I was not a fan of Carol's x-men era stories honestly she was more often then not ignored and forgotten in favor of other x-men characters and she would spend more time in comic book limbo then not.
    Agreed. Claremont may have used her back then when no one else was, but he basically threw her into limbo as well. And he's the one responsible for depowering her in the first place and basically replacing her with Rogue.

jeeeeeeeeeaaaaaannnnnnnnnn
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Lobdell used the phrase that Jean was Nathan's mom in "every way that truly mattered". X-fans that are adoptive parents have picked up on that, but technically Jean could be considered genetically Nathan's mother since Maddie was her clone.

I thought the way Scott's death was handled back then worked well that there was consequences and results to individual characters, and then when Scott returned Morrison did a good job of actually paying off that Scott had changed. But in Cable, the book was rebooted and Cable after Search for Cyclops it was like Nathan was no longer Scott's son since Cable had gone a completely different direction.

Coordinating a lot of different writers and book isn't easy, but it adds to the story rather than taking away from it. I hope with Jean's return we see impact to all of the X-books.
    As someone who has cared for and loved foster and adopted kids, I do appreciate how adoption is a part of the Grey/Summers family.

The only thing I like about Hope is the idea that the Phoenix would come to Jean's grand-daughter by adoption just as it did to her biological daughter, Rachel.

I'm sure Jean and OML will have a lot of focus on their relationship now that Scott is out of the way.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I'm sure Jean and OML will have a lot of focus on their relationship now that Scott is out of the way.
    Don't even joke about that. Gross.

While I still want Cyclops to return sooner rather than later, I'm interested in seeing Jean without him (or any romantic entanglements, for that matter). I also want her to be the face of the institute and wrest control of the team from Kitty.

In terms of interactions, I want her and Emma to meet up so bad, if only so she can help console Emma over Cyclops's death. Her meeting up with young Cyke and letting him know that his older self was pretty awesome would be great, too.

All in all, I'm so freaking psyched for this: I just hope Marvel doesn't F*^& it up.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    kitty is about to show jean who the true hbic is.
    the absurdity of Kitty being in charge is what awoke the Phoenix....it burns away what doesn't work...it's coming for Xmen: Gold!

Why does it have teeth?? like Human teeth? Birds don't have teeth...like at all

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    the absurdity of Kitty being in charge is what awoke the Phoenix....it burns away what doesn't work...it's coming for Xmen: Gold!

Why does it have teeth?? like Human teeth? Birds don't have teeth...like at all
    omg your post has me dying over here

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I'd be shocked if this doesn't happen knowing Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I'd be shocked if this doesn't happen knowing Marvel.
    It would be the perfect time to bring back Wolverine and Cyclops. Have OML replaced by Wolverine and the twist with Jean being back is Scott can actually make up his mind and move on with Emma. I'm not really find of the characters getting married cause it will eventually get undone but it would be an apt time for a wedding issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Don't even joke about that. Gross.

While I still want Cyclops to return sooner rather than later, I'm interested in seeing Jean without him (or any romantic entanglements, for that matter). I also want her to be the face of the institute and wrest control of the team from Kitty.

In terms of interactions, I want her and Emma to meet up so bad, if only so she can help console Emma over Cyclops's death. Her meeting up with young Cyke and letting him know that his older self was pretty awesome would be great, too.

All in all, I'm so freaking psyched for this: I just hope Marvel doesn't F*^& it up.
    Why?
    /10char

Additionally, if they've found an interesting way to bring back Jean. I wonder if something happens so Jean and Jeen trade places. So Jeen is now dead and Jeans alive. That would be a controversial way to bring her back