Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    omg your post has me dying over here
    I'm so glad

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Additionally, if they've found an interesting way to bring back Jean. I wonder if something happens so Jean and Jeen trade places. So Jeen is now dead and Jeans alive. That would be a controversial way to bring her back
    that would be a waste. If Teen Jean needs to go away, they should just merge the characters. It would be a waste to have all her development go down the drain

I still predict that adult Jean is joining the Avengers, while the Xmen get to keep the 05. Keep adult Jean away from old man Logan! This is the perfect time for adult Jean to show what she is made of and not defined by her relationship with Cyclops or 616 Logan. No matter what happens I am glad she's finally coming back. I've waited 13 years for this!

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    Why?
    /10char
    I've just never been a fan of Wolverine and Jean as anything more than good friends, and I think a lot of writers tended to overplay her attraction to him based on that backup story in X-Men Classic.

To modify a post I put in another thread:

[Logan] is WAAAAAAY too into [Jean] and just can't take a hint: every time [she] even looks in his general direction, he thinks she's totally into him, even though she totally isn't.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

that would be a waste. If Teen Jean needs to go away, they should just merge the characters. It would be a waste to have all her development go down the drain
    It's not like Marvel haven't discarded developed characters before. Particularly when they've served their purpose. Cough * Madelyne Pryor. It would give the 05 something to be pissed off by

Maybe Jean will find a way to merge all of the 05 with their counterparts. With Scott she can give him memories of when they were married and Emma will no doubt eventually go the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    It's not like Marvel haven't discarded developed characters before. Particularly when they've served their purpose. Cough * Madelyne Pryor.
    They merged her with Jean though. She wasnt simplt discarded as her memories were given to Jean and that played heavily into her development in X-Factor in the time following Inferno

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Maybe Jean will find a way to merge all of the 05 with their counterparts. With Scott she can give him memories of when they were married and Emma will no doubt eventually go the same.
    What are memories without a connection to them? Scott is in the afterlife. It would be better if he was just brought back and given his younger body, which gets aged up. With that said, Id rather that not happen, at least not yet bc now is a perfect time to explore Jean with him, Logan and Xavier gone. Like that'll never happen again so they should take advantage of it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    So happy to hear the original, one and only Jean will be back with us soon! The x-books have never been the same without her.

A few people are speculating that she'll end up on the Avengers following this series but I could see it playing out a different way. Since Jean and PF are technically separate entities, I could see Jean staying in x-books and the Phoenix becoming an Avenger. I'm not a huge fan of this move as I think the PF is too fundamental to Jean's character to sever now but if that's the way it plays out I'll take it over not having Jean back at all.

And what a continuity she's coming back to. Some of her close friends are gone. Other's have changed almost to be unrecognizable. Kitty's in charge. Emma's back in the villain column (for now). Such a target rich environment for awesome stories about Jean finding her place in this new normal and reacting to all that's happened since she died. Of course I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping she's first of other core x-men to return but I can live with Jean finding her footing without Scott, Logan or Charles... for the time being.
    That would be the ultimate hypocrisy after AvX. But, hey, these ones are the Avengers. They are the definition of hypocrisy.

They merged her with Jean though. She wasnt simplt discarded as her memories were given to Jean and that played heavily into her development in X-Factor in the time following Inferno
    They turned her until a Goblyn Queen who was happy to sacrifice babies. They discarded everything that Claremont did to make her sympathetic and just made her crazy.

It would give the 04 a reason to stick around and be pissed off. And actually have a purpose

To merge them together would not make the original Jean the original Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Variants:

finally!!! I'm so excited

Fantastic Member

When did Jean actually die? Was it New X-Men #150, or have we seen her alive since in some miniseries or side project?

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    When did Jean actually die? Was it New X-Men #150, or have we seen her alive since in some miniseries or side project?
    Her death was in New X-Men #150. She temporarily came back on the Phoenix Endsong mini, but she went back to the dead by the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Wants to be positive but...

I wish Art Adams would stop drawing the Phoenix with teeth, and I really hope Jean doesn't join the Avengers or keep the Phoenix Force.

Another rush job so 5 artists had to be brought in to finish it on time?
    Agree with the first two points on Arthur Adams' art, but on the third thing ...

NO, Jean Grey Is The Only One Who Must Be Phoenix! Not Marvel Girl, but Phoenix!

Finally, hopefully these artists will be able to "blend" their styles to create a consistent look across all six issues!

I'm very excited about this, can't wait to see the real Jean back in comics. Also happy for the Jean fans, you guys have waited ages for this so I'm glad you finally have a reason to be excited (esp since now she won't be written by writers who'll be defining her according to her relationships with Cyclops and Logan). Can't wait!