Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

I would be happy with Jean on Avengers, but only if she was on an X-title too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    You are all seriously ok with Jean leaving the x-books to become an Avenger? I guess if they bring her back you all don't care what they do with her. Keep supporting the cannibalization of the popular x-men to the Avengers and see what that does to sales of the x-books. If Marvel thinks I'm buying their Avengers book just to read Jean they've got another thing coming.
    I don't like it, but I don't think Marvel would bring back Jean for the X-books. They will do it to boost sales of the Avengers and to use the interest in Jean from the Dark Phoenix movie to help Avengers.

I'm not going to actually buy Avengers even with Jean, but I'm happy for Jean's fans that she's back.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I think most people would prefer to have Jean on an X-Men team. Though I'd be fine with her being on the Avengers so long as she was pulling double duty on an X-Team as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    She's returning now and both Wolverine and Cyclops are dead so we don't get to see them fight for her affection.
    You mean like this one? This was the only time, btw.

-------------
    I don't understand why people are saying that Logan was "dragging Jean down." I'll admit that Scott and to a degree Xavier were the ones doing that. But Logan? I mean seriously? In the mid 80's he was not even there, and 90's he just there, or not there. Same thing in the early 00's he was just there. Logan was dealing with a lot of crap during that era (90's era). Well, he is Wolverine after all. Crap falls over him every corner.
    Last edited by The_Phenom2893; 09-19-2017 at 06:14 PM.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I would be happy with Jean on Avengers, but only if she was on an X-title too.
    I think that's basically what will happen, besides it's happened before with the original wolverine before he died and now old man logan is on three different x-men teams weapon x, x-men gold and astonishing x-men, and rogue is on both uncanny avengers and astonishing x-men, and although she's not an x-men character but ms.marvel kamala khan is in both the champions and the secret warriors.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 09-19-2017 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Wasn't DPS always set for a November premiere though?
    Was originally slated for summer before the official title and such was announced.
    Last edited by Grey; 09-19-2017 at 06:15 PM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I think that's basically what will happen, besides it's happened before with the original wolverine before he died and now old man logan is on three different x-men teams weapon x, x-men gold and astonishing x-men, and rogue is on both uncanny avengers and astonishing x-men, and although she's not an x-men character but ms.marvel kamala khan is in both the champions and the secret warriors.
    But to put Jean on an Avengers team right after bringing her back from such a long absence is low down dog dirty, even for Marvel and clearly shows a complete lack of respect for x-fans.

All-New Member

I agree. Jean must be part of a team of X-Men and not the Avengers. I have noticed that many here are dismissing Jean's presence on the x-titles in favor of the Avengers. This does not help mutants at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh-X View Post
    I agree. Jean must be part of a team of X-Men and not the Avengers. I have noticed that many here are dismissing Jean's presence on the x-titles in favor of the Avengers. This does not help mutants at all.
    This is a popularity war and ambivalence as to where Jean ends up is as good as packing her bags off to the Avengers yourself. These boards are seen by Marvel staff. Some of us attend conventions, write emails, tweet, comment on stories or otherwise communicate our opinions to Marvel. Ultimately they are going to do whatever they want but I'd prefer we make sure they get the message that mutants come first.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Plese let this mean the O5 are leaving
    There has never been a fandom that wanted something so decisively.

Usually there is a 50/50 or 40/60 split.

Here it's 98/2 to send the kids back already.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    This is a popularity war and ambivalence as to where Jean ends up is as good as packing her bags off to the Avengers yourself. These boards are seen by Marvel staff. Some of us attend conventions, write emails, tweet, comment on stories or otherwise communicate our opinions to Marvel. Ultimately they are going to do whatever they want but I'd prefer we make sure they get the message that mutants come first.
    I send them links to the Complex thread every Friday so they have something to read for the weekend .....

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Adams wasn't exactly fast in his heyday and he was a much younger dude then.

By now you have to figure you need to give him the same 2 1/2 months per issue that you give David Aja.
    Aja is all digital, I have no idea why it takes him 2 months to create his minimalist art

Fantastic Member

When Jean's time in the books concluded way back when, I thought it ended pretty ugly myself. Scott had cheated on her, Emma made a fool of her and she got lectured by Beast for mopping the floor with Emma during their catfight. Her parents and family are dead. She will be starting over like few people ever have too. Morrison wrote Jean like a robot but when true to character she can actually be funny, self-deprecating, almost painfully optimistic, lively and a number of other things that are actually very down to earth and engaging.

I'd like to see her form strong relationships with Steve Rogers, Bucky Barnes, Tony Stark, Thor, Maria Hill, Sharon Carter, Clint Barton, Johnny Storm and maybe strained relations with Wanda, Medusa and Crystal. Watching her build friendships, professional relationships and perhaps a romance or two, would be a wonderful character journey for the character. I have no problem seeing the Avengers, over time, become Jean's family now that the Grey's are gone.

The X-Franchise has spent a long time crapping on Jean, maybe that's why I'm not so keen on her being shackled to the X-Universe when the greater Marvel Universe has more to offer from an interesting character/story perspective.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

But I want Jean in the Avengers and in the X-Men. The Avengers for cosmic stories or cosmic level threats. The X-Men for mutants, the school, and her interpersonal connections.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    But I want Jean in the Avengers and in the X-Men. The Avengers for cosmic stories or cosmic level threats. The X-Men for mutants, the school, and her interpersonal connections.
    I would like her to have a solo for the cosmic stories actually. They've kind of teased us a bit with that Generations issue with her fighting Galactus and saving a planet. That's pretty much the Phoenix job(together with "burning what doesn't work"), so it would be a great premise.