Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Yoooo am I the only that feels like this is a random and stupid time to bring back Jean Grey? She's been dead for like a decade and there have been some AMAZING stories that have been told that could have been even better had it led to her return. For instance she's returning now and both Wolverine and Cyclops are dead so we don't get to see them fight for her affection. I would have loved to see her return after Schism when the roles were reversed and Wolverine was the Boy Scout and Cyclops was the animal. Or shortly after Avx when cylops was screaming mutant revolution! Or even during inhuman vs xMen when the men were on the verge of extinction. I just feel like Marvel is out of ish to do with the xmen and this is like there last card. It kinda sucks
    After reading Priest's run on Black Panther, I can truly said I've learned nothing, but I remember everything!
    I'm back from the Djailia!
    Since D9 exists in the MU, T'challa is definitely an Alpha! (Don't Debate me)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    Yoooo am I the only that feels like this is a random and stupid time to bring back Jean Grey? She's been dead for like a decade and there have been some AMAZING stories that have been told that could have been even better had it led to her return. For instance she's returning now and both Wolverine and Cyclops are dead so we don't get to see them fight for her affection. I would have loved to see her return after Schism when the roles were reversed and Wolverine was the Boy Scout and Cyclops was the animal. Or shortly after Avx when cylops was screaming mutant revolution! Or even during inhuman vs xMen when the men were on the verge of extinction. I just feel like Marvel is out of ish to do with the xmen and this is like there last card. It kinda sucks
    Not really. We know get to see Jean grow as a character on her own terms, and see how she copes with her life without all the intrusions from the main men in her life. Besides, Scott & Logan will inevitably return and we can see how that plays out when it happens. Until then, we can just enjoy Jean Grey

Fantastic Member

you're not the only one, I love Jean Gray but I do not think it's a good time. Of course there are no good times of death and return of characters, but I find it insulting that a writer brings Jean brings the past and is not the real. Now comes another writer with another idea to return to the original character with a decade dead, and the editors authorize the story.
    I think it affected me the terrible week that I had and this announcement did not help at all.

I think that the young Jeen is going to be possessed, Jean needs a body and I remember that the corpse of Jean already was eliminated to avoid necrophilia.

I believe Domino moved Jean's corpse to a safe place to stop Maddie from possessing it... and we never heard about it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I believe Domino moved Jean's corpse to a safe place to stop Maddie from possessing it... and we never heard about it again.
    We will probably know in December.

Fantastic Member

If anytrhing I would say not having Cyclops and Wolverine fight over her is a good thing. This allows her to do her own thing for once.

BANNED

When someone dies people generally move out. It would be stupid to have Cyclops and Wolverine still fighting over Jean's affection after she's been dead all this time. Thank god they are out of the picture for now. We see Phoenix was a member of the Avengers for Marvel BC, so it looks like Jean/Phoenix is likely to join the Avengers. As a character she has moved on from the triangle, and Jeen was a part of that (we have not really seen Scott or any Wolverine in the Jean Grey book).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    FINALLY. After so long. I wonder what her new role will be...
    Leader of the avengers and X-Men

Shes a far better female hero than captain marvel.

Would love her to have her 90s costumes back as well.

Just hope this isn't marvel doing a bait and switch, I just don't trust them right now.

Hmm I'll wait and see what this is about before getting excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

Phil Jimenez's Jean was perfection.
    Of course as it's Phil. She kind of looks like a redhead Julia Louis Dreyfus here, which I think works for Jean.

No I feel the same way. Character interactions are vital and 3 of the main characters I would like to see her with are currently dead. Plus death and resurrections have been so over done at this point it's beyond silly, I knew Jean would come back someday but the current state of the xmen doesn't flatter her return.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    FINALLY. After so long. I wonder what her new role will be...
    Yes, I'm curious about that too. Maybe it warrants another thread, but I have a feeling Jean's profile is going to rise dramatically in 2018. Between her movie coming out and her returning to the comics, I think it's likely that Marvel will try to broaden her role. I think that may very well mean she works with the Avengers more, but I doubt that means she'll cut ties with the X-men. Like I've said in other threads, there's no reason why she can't split her duties. Cyclops can hold down being in X-men Blue and in Champions, so why can't Jean do the same? I think that's more likely and I think her return is going to reshuffle things in the X-books.

Also, there's the matter of Charles Xavier being back in the picture with Astonishing. If he comes back alongside her, then that could shake things up even more. I think it's likely this will lead to a relaunch of Uncanny X-men in some form. It may also relaunch Blue and Gold in a new form as well. Jean's return is a big deal. The X-books will feel the impact and so will the Avengers, but I think the X-books will end up feeling it more.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I'm glad that adult Cyclops and Logan are not around. I don't want any man fighting for Jean's affection. She's got more important things to do and shouldn't be relegated to someone else's love interest.

Cool more Gingers...
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Leader of the avengers and X-Men
    Over Kitty's dead body.

BANNED

Eew. Why would we want to see Cyclops and Wolverine fight for her attention? This allows her to do her own thing.