View Poll Results: Should Jean headline an Uncanny X-men relaunch?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

94 80.34%
  • No

5 4.27%
  • Uncanny should come back but not with Jean

12 10.26%
  • No, Jean should go elsewhere

6 5.13%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

She should come back and lead Uncanny, but unfortunately she's an Avenger now.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Yes, would love for Jean to be leading the Uncanny team after she returns. With this roster:

Quote Originally Posted by Offbeat View Post
    I enjoy Xmen Blue -but I would love to see that book end or its mission statement change so i can merge the adults their with astonishing:

Jean
    Magneto
    Polaris
    Rogue
    Gambit
    Iceman
    Psylocke
    Archangel

Storm, Cable, Beast as supporting characters

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    No. I want Emma's Uncanny X-Men.
    A Uncanny X-men book headlined by a returned adult Jean would be much better than one headlined by crazy Emma. Besides Jean is much more of an X-man than Emma could ever hope to be, plus I think far more mutants(xmen and non-xmen) would follow Jean before they would ever follow Emma. And given Emma's current antagonist status she no longer has any right to be considered an X-man. However I can't wait for the first meeting between the two, fireworks are sure to fly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    A Uncanny X-men book headlined by a returned adult Jean would be much better than one headlined by crazy Emma. Besides Jean is much more of an X-man than Emma could ever hope to be, plus I think far more mutants(xmen and non-xmen) would follow Jean before they would ever follow Emma. And given Emma's current antagonist status she no longer has any right to be considered an X-man. However I can't wait for the first meeting between the two, fireworks are sure to fly.
    No one wants pathetic nutjob Soule/Bunn Emma. We want Spencer Emma, the elder statesman, the stoic queen, the tragic hidden savior of her people. And her pet Beast.

YAAASSS, THIS. Seriously, reverting Emma into a villain (especially the way they did it) was such poor writing.

I think an Emma/Jean book with the two of them working together with a sort of "Odd Couple" dynamic would be great. Hell, without Scott around maybe they could even be friends (the way Emma and Teen Jean became friends).

BANNED

No one wants pathetic nutjob Soule/Bunn Emma. We want Spencer Emma, the elder statesman, the stoic queen, the tragic hidden savior of her people. And her pet Beast.
    Finally, something we agree on. We want Spencer Emma right now!

Would love this.
    Just give her the Astonishing cast but take out psylocke; no need for two Tp/tk users on the team.
    Replace her with Dazzler and we have a team.

Jean
    Rogue
    Gambit
    Dazzler
    Bishop
    Angel
    Fantomex

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Yes! I think that's what this and Astonishing are both leading towards.

As for the team...

Phoenix
    Iceman
    Rogue
    Storm
    Bishop
    Psylocke
    Old Man Logan

And then an adjectiveless book or a team in Astonishing, maybe even another Astonishing relaunch:

Xavier
    Archangel
    Prestige
    Shadowcat
    Colossus
    Nightcrawler
    Beast

And other than that I expect a New Mutants title featuring the entirety of the film cast, and then some, probably something like:

Cannonball
    Sunspot
    Moonstar
    Wolfsbane
    Magik
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

We need a team with:

Adult Jean
    Emma
    Daken
    Adult Bobby
    Monet
    Northstar
    Dazzler

No. I want Emma's Uncanny X-Men.
    Another vote for that!
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Jean headlining Uncanny? Of course.

The Uncanny roster? Time to give the fan favourites not in regular titles slots.

• Jean Grey
    • Magik
    • Iceman
    • Archangel
    • Psylocke
    • Banshee
    • Bishop

The enemies?
    • Emma Frost & the Hellfire Club & Hellions (more anti-heroes than outright villains)
    • Gladiator & the Shi'ar
    • Mister/Miss Sinister
    • THE REAL MADELYNE PRYOR!!!!
    Last edited by nx01a; 09-18-2017 at 06:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Topic. Lets say that Marvel brought back Uncanny X-men and Jean as the lead character. Which characters should join this new team and/or make up its supporting cast?

Main lineup
    Jean - headmistress
    Storm - field leader
    Iceman
    Gambit
    Polaris
    Colossus
    Cable

Supporting cast:
    Wolverine (Laura)
    Hellion
    Quentin Quire
    Archangel
    Havok

The top 7 would be the core lineup but Id rotate the supporting cast in and out depending on the story.
    I like this, but I'd swap out Iceman, Cable, and Polaris for Bishop, Sage, and Shadowcat while keeping Storm as the field leader.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Yes Jean should absolutely be at the front and center of an Uncanny X-Men relaunch.

I've said it across multiple threads at this point, but my ideal roster would be
    • Jean Grey
    • Storm
    • Iceman
    • Nightcrawler
    • Psylocke
    • Angel/Archangel
    • Bishop

Yes! Add Colossus and I would definitely be getting this book under a good writer/artist team! No Logan please, he's in enough books already.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    Yes! Add Colossus and I would definitely be getting this book under a good writer/artist team! No Logan please, he's in enough books already.
    Colossus would be good here too, but I doubt we'll get Piotr away from the Kitty & Co. story that is X-Men Gold :/

Mighty Member

But Spencer's Emma utilized mind-control and re-education camps on fellow mutants, the same mutants she claims she wants to protect; not exactly benevolent on her part. How do you think all the mutants who were imprisoned in camps in New Tian would react towards Emma if they knew that she was responsible for their suffering. Do you think they would acknowledge her as their savior or queen. I know some dismiss and excuse her actions because they say she was saving mutants from Hydra, but if it were anyone else I suspect they would be crucified. But ultimately I believe that Jean is a bigger character than Emma and casts a much bigger shadow over the x-universe. If Emma died and was coming back I don't think it would be with this much fanfare or a 5 issue mini. A Jean lead book would offer more to the franchise in terms of scope and story than an Emma book would. My main gripe with Emma is that she gets away with everything, never suffers any consequences for her actions, no matter how heinous. How do you go from unleashing Sentinels at the end of IVX to controlling Xorn and being the defaco ruler of New Tian like nothing happened?