Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I have to say I am not surprised; Marvel has been floundering both creatively and commercially these last few years (in my eyes anyway) and losing Bendis definitely came as a shock and big blow to them. Here's hoping this change in direction brings about positive change.
    It will only be positive if those in charge of Marvel are willing to learn from their mistakes, which I seriously doubt given their past behavior.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

As long as Joe "Mephisto" Queseda has a hand in Marvel, OMD won't be undone. It's still pretty strange (stupid) that Marvel doesn't give what most seem to want. Peter and MJ back together again. It's been ten years and people still are harping about it. What's even stranger is that Joe "Mephisto" Queseda still has a job with Marvel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by duke togo View Post
    As long as Joe "Mephisto" Queseda has a hand in Marvel, OMD won't be undone. It's still pretty strange (stupid) that Marvel doesn't give what most seem to want. Peter and MJ back together again. It's been ten years and people still are harping about it. What's even stranger is that Joe "Mephisto" Queseda still has a job with Marvel.
    The fact Peter and MJ have essentially been allowed to thrive as a couple in other publications besides 616 just shows what Marvel really think of the idea that marriage "ages" Peter. They're clearly fine with promoting the concept, it seems increasingly more like a stubborn mandate from a veteran who's outstayed his welcome than any real attempt at enforcing a mission statement.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 11-18-2017 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duke togo View Post
    To play devil's advocate, how do we know that "most" readers want it?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    True, my biggest qualm with OMD (aside from the "devil deal" aspect) is not that the marriage ended, in truth, I find MJ's character kind of boring as a love interest, rather what that has done to the character of Peter Parker. He's been changed so drastically since that I barely recognize him. For example, gone is the supporting cast I've grown up with. In their place are forgettable two-dimensional characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I've talked to people in several LCS, at conventions, you've been on here long enough to know OMD reversals and pining for a well-written, likable MJ are among the most frequently discussed topics, you know the restoration of the marriage tops polls frequently here. I watch Youtube videos who bring it up, hell one top comic book reviewer (not Diversity & Comics or his associates) on Youtube even thought the returning element in Legacy would have been the Spider-Marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    True, my biggest qualm with OMD (aside from the "devil deal" aspect) is not that the marriage ended, in truth, I find MJ's character kind of boring as a love interest.
    MJ is far from a boring love interest. That'd be virtually anyone else who is'nt MJ.

One thing supporting the 800 undoes OMD theory: we now know that Bendis's Iron Man run ends at around the same time (give or take a month or two, it depends on double shipping), which probably means the removal of MJ from that book.

BANNED

So February has Spider-man and Loki teaming up given that Loki is the new Source supreme. However, he's also the same magical being that owes Spider-man a favor and given Loki's way of looking at Lies and given OMD is a bit of a "lie"....well can anyone else put two and two together as we lead into #800 ?

View Post
    I find MJ's character kind of boring as a love interest.
    I found her interesting as a love interest, but as a wife she got boring real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    So February has Spider-man and Loki teaming up given that Loki is the new Source supreme. However, he's also the same magical being that owes Spider-man a favor and given Loki's way of looking at Lies and given OMD is a bit of a "lie"....well can anyone else put two and two together as we lead into #800 ?
    Slott did say there's a big moment in an upcoming ASM issue that isn't hinted in the solicitations.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I found her interesting as a love interest, but as a wife she got boring real quick.
    My thoughts exactly. I found her Wife Era, for lack of a better term, lacking. But again, that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Yeah, and Spidey did save Loki's daughter if I'm not mistaken. Question is, would Loki risk pissing off Mephisto by getting involved? Do the two have a beef (sorry I'm unsure if they do or not)?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yeah, and Spidey did save Loki's daughter if I'm not mistaken. Question is, would Loki risk pissing off Mephisto by getting involved? Do the two have a beef (sorry I'm unsure if they do or not)?
    They could wind up having a beef given how active Mephisto is in several books right now, you never know.

For me personally its the two timelines that OMD created. Marvel has always been about continuity and everyone remembering everything. Now we have this big blank spot in the comic history for 20 years.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Has anyone considered the idea the "Threat Level Red" storyline title might refer to MJ?