Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    Slott has said its not impossible and I see no reason why he would lie about that.
    I do tend to take creators' statements with a grain of salt, but fair enough.

Whether it actually will happen is another matter.
    I don't know; for good or bad, Marvel and the Spider-Man creative teams seem to want to take the franchise to new places and not look back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Marvel and the Spider-Man creative teams seem to want to take the franchise to new places and not look back.
    You're going to say all this with a straight face when they're dialing back on the Parker Industries stuff, putting Spider-Man at odds with the law in Spectacular, returning Norman Osborn to factory settings, putting the symbiote back on Brock, and devoting a whole month to Peter and Eddie's old rivalry and occasional team-ups?

They're not taking the franchise anywhere new, not anymore, yet you're acting like they are just because they're being stubborn in not revisiting Peter and MJ..which they kind of are already doing in another title anyway.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 09-19-2017 at 10:47 AM.

BANNED

I do tend to take creators' statements with a grain of salt, but fair enough.

I don't know; for good or bad, Marvel and the Spider-Man creative teams seem to want to take the franchise to new places and not look back.
    There is only a reason for doing that if they would have a reason to lie and I see no reason why Slott would say it was not impossible if it was impossible, especially considering his history with denying the marrige ever returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    You're going to say all this with a straight face when they're dialing back on the Parker Industries stuff, putting Spider-Man at odds with the law in Spectacular, returning Norman Osborn to factory settings, putting the symbiote back on Brock, and devoting a whole month to Peter and Eddie's old rivalry and occasional team-ups?

They're not taking the franchise anywhere new, not anymore, yet you're acting like they are just because they're being stubborn in not revisiting Peter and MJ..which they kind of are already doing in another title anyway.
    Well, I was thinking about Dan Slott's run in general and I haven't been exactly following new developments that closely. Things do cycle. However, I'm sure comic series where Peter Parker is a household name due to being a failed Steve Jobs is how I would define "back to normal."

There is only a reason for doing that if they would have a reason to lie and I see no reason why Slott would say it was not impossible if it was impossible, especially considering his history with denying the marrige ever returning.
    I've kind of given up trying to make sense of Dan Slott's opinions and plans. What will be is what will be and if we like it that's a perk.

BANNED

I've kind of given up trying to make sense of Dan Slott's opinions and plans. What will be is what will be and if we like it that's a perk.
    I'm sure he appreciates people being unable to correctly predict what he's up to, it puts the power back into the hands of the author who must hold his audience's attention.

I doubt it, but I hope it is. The only good stuff out of Marvel these days is out-of-continuity stuff like Renew Your Vows. Maybe establish that kind of stuff into the garbage heap that's become your main continuity?

While you're at it, when Jean returns, please have her burn the Inhumans to a crisp and end that farce too.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I doubt it, but I hope it is. The only good stuff out of Marvel these days is out-of-continuity stuff like Renew Your Vows. Maybe establish that kind of stuff into the garbage heap that's become your main continuity?
    By the time we reach #800, the RYV Parkers will be knee-deep in their new status quo and in their early 40s, far removed from the "youthful" direction Marvel are insistent on adhering to with the main characters. I keep thinking the flash forward is a deliberate mandate designed to prevent people desiring the Parker family be folded over into the main stuff.

This is just a theory, but to me, it feels like Dan Slott would only want to put them back together if he feels there are good stories he can tell out of it, which he already has done a bunch during pre-Superior. And because of that, at least at the moment, most of the best ideas he has, would be from them as a married couple (like RYV), something he knows he can't do. So instead, he's much more interested in trying new ideas he is allowed to do, and see what possibilities they bring up, like pairing up Peter and Bobbi.

Personally for me, I'm very interested to see how the Peter/Bobbi relationship goes, because I felt Slott did a good job building it up and giving them good chemistry throughout his run, I just hope it doesn't result in the eventual end of the relationship being a whimper. Also, while I would love Peter & MJ back together as well, I only want Slott to do it if he has a good story, don't want him to feel obligated to do it. That said, I wouldn't mind more general interaction between the two through in, that's never a bad thing.

Also I feel like as long as Quesada's around, the marriage won't come back. Just like how the Fantastic Four won't get their own book again as long as Fox owns the rights, because Perlmutter.

If Slott doesn't want Peter/MJ to reconcile romantically, he should just say that. It's when Slott tries to rationalize it that he looks bad. Trying to say "it's about doing something new" as we wait for the next Spider-Man vs. Green Goblin story sounds really dumb.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Personally for me, I'm very interested to see how the Peter/Bobbi relationship goes, because I felt Slott did a good job building it up and giving them good chemistry throughout his run, I just hope it doesn't result in the eventual end of the relationship being a whimper.
    I don't think Peter and Bobbi have chemistry at all, but to each his own.

I was kind of hoping those two would not have gone down the romantic route in the first place, there were plans in her title to have a triangle with Hunter and Clint, with the writer hoping to put her back with Clint ultimately. Bendis backed this up in Generations: The Iron by revealing Bobbi will get back with Clint in the future and give him a kid.

As I've said before, the uniqueness of Peter dating Bobbi is overshadowed by Renew Your Vows having pulled off Peter having a relationship with a fellow superheroine for over a year now anyway, with the superheroine just happening to be his most iconic love interest, so there will already be comparisons. It's not new, and if anything, it lacks an extra layer in that Peter and Bobbi don't have kids like they do. There's nothing complicated or interesting about this pairing at all.

Peter and Bobbi is so diet coke at this point, you expect it to end on a whimper because that's what it's started with

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Also I feel like as long as Quesada's around, the marriage won't come back. Just like how the Fantastic Four won't get their own book again as long as Fox owns the rights, because Perlmutter.
    At least Quesada allowed the marriage to have a book again, something that cannot be said for the FF...they only get a book with half their members.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 09-19-2017 at 02:13 PM.

I was kind of hoping those two would not have gone down the romantic route in the first place, there were plans in her title to have a triangle with Hunter and Clint, with the writer hoping to put her back with Clint ultimately. Bendis backed this up in Generations: The Iron by revealing Bobbi will get back with Clint in the future and give him a kid.

As I've said before, the uniqueness of Peter dating Bobbi is overshadowed by Renew Your Vows having pulled off Peter having a relationship with a fellow superheroine for over a year now anyway, with the superheroine just happening to be his most iconic love interest, so there will already be comparisons. It's not new, and if anything, it lacks an extra layer in that Peter and Bobbi don't have kids like they do. There's nothing complicated or interesting about this pairing at all.

Peter and Bobbi is so diet coke at this point, you expect it to end on a whimper because that's what it's started with

At least Quesada allowed the marriage to have a book again, something that cannot be said for the FF...they only get a book with half their members.
    Quesada hasn't been EIC for a while, so I'm not sure he had any role with Renew Your Vows.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Fantastic Member

OMD is NEVER coming BACK ...and that's a quote from Dan slot himself!

why do people complain on here about RYV's? it mystifies me. you have a title, it's there for you to read,!!!,,,enjoy it!, pissing & moaning that it's not in- continuity make you look 12 years old with the pouting & stomping...

peter and bobbi have such great chemistry !!! I hope they explore it further.. it's about time peter had someone ib his life now that MJ is over bothering Stark still . it'll make for some wild stories!

Oh I know the relationship isn't going to last for long, that's just how these things go, I'm just hopeful the time where they are a pair is used effectively and it doesn't end in a "Oops we aren't together again, oh well lol".

And I do agree, the RYV relationship is great, that's the highlight of the whole book. Though with that, Slott, Conway, Stegman, etc. have good story ideas for the family, while Slott may not have any good ones for them in just a relationship at the moment, which is why I think he hasn't completely denounced the idea of doing it and instead put it on hold, for all intents and purposes.

Well, no matter how crazy Quesada has gotten, it's nowhere near as bad as Perlmutter.

We really do get an OMD thread every or every-other month don't we, anyway to answer the question (which according to Dan Slott) is a resounding no for the indefinite future.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

By the time we reach #800, the RYV Parkers will be knee-deep in their new status quo and in their early 40s, far removed from the "youthful" direction Marvel are insistent on adhering to with the main characters. I keep thinking the flash forward is a deliberate mandate designed to prevent people desiring the Parker family be folded over into the main stuff.
    Or maybe them taking advantage of a scenario where they can do new things and push the envelope without the Powers That Be mashing the reset button because of reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by plasticman101 View Post
    OMD is NEVER coming BACK ...and that's a quote from Dan slot himself!
    As Mr. Spock wisely noted in a Star Trek novel: "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." I've yet to see evidence, extraordinary or otherwise, in regards to the "NEVER" part.

why do people complain on here about RYV's? it mystifies me. you have a title, it's there for you to read,!!!,,,enjoy it!, pissing & moaning that it's not in- continuity make you look 12 years old with the pouting & stomping...
    Well, not everyone likes the creative decisions make in that series, which is fair enough. I'm a Trekkie and I don't like every singe thing done with that franchise (chiefly putting JJ Abrams in charge). Now, I personally think that RYV is the best SM thing on the market right now (and showing why OMD was a short-sighted mistake), but one can disagree with that.

peter and bobbi have such great chemistry !!! I hope they explore it further.. it's about time peter had someone ib his life now that MJ is over bothering Stark still . it'll make for some wild stories!
    Not sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    We really do get an OMD thread every or every-other month don't we, anyway to answer the question (which according to Dan Slott) is a resounding no for the indefinite future.
    We're predictable, like moths to the flame.