end of spoilers
    Um...okay .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Um...okay .
    Just saying.

spoilers:
    OMD dealt with magic
    The arc with Norman is dealing with magic.
    end of spoilers

Figured it was relevant.

With RYV around, I find it unlikely that Peter and MJ would end up together again in 616, sure the marriage in both are very different, but I still find it unlikely since RYV was made specificaly for Peter to be with MJ in an on going series that just isn't from 616.

Fantastic Member

Legacy, with the plan being a return to 'classic' Marvel, is an ideal time to undo OMD but with Quesada still at the company it is t likely that Peter and MJ will be married come ASM801/Vol 5.1

Do I think OMD and the marriage will at least be remembered or addressed in some capacity during Legacy?

I'm probably 50/50. If it is brought up, I don't think it will be mentioned in Amazing 800.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    With RYV around, I find it unlikely that Peter and MJ would end up together again in 616, sure the marriage in both are very different, but I still find it unlikely since RYV was made specificaly for Peter to be with MJ in an on going series that just isn't from 616.
    I don't think bringing back the marriage (or folding the RYV Parkers into the main canon) would necessarily mean the death of that title. They could easily keep RYV around as the Spider-Family satellite book while ASM focuses just on Peter having adventures, and Annie could get a solo.

spoilers:
    I think with Norman looking for magic sources to give him power it might lead to Mesphito,
    but it could also lead back to the whole totem Spider aspect, considering how the bride and the other were a factor in Spider-Verse but haven't been since.
    end of spoilers
    "What about wheatcakes next time?"-Peter
    "Wheatcakes are yucky."-Annie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    spoilers:
    I think with Norman looking for magic sources to give him power it might lead to Mesphito,
    but it could also lead back to the whole totem Spider aspect, considering how the bride and the other were a factor in Spider-Verse but haven't been since.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Good point...also the bride, Cindy, is not doing anything of note now that SHIELD is gone (per Legacy) and her title is cancelled, so Dan can pick up where he left up with her again
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    spoilers:
    Good point...also the bride, Cindy, is not doing anything of note now that SHIELD is gone (per Legacy) and her title is cancelled, so Dan can pick up where he left up with her again
    end of spoilers
    Hopefully not to reintroduce the pheromone induced love affair.

I don't think bringing back the marriage (or folding the RYV Parkers into the main canon) would necessarily mean the death of that title. They could easily keep RYV around as the Spider-Family satellite book while ASM focuses just on Peter having adventures, and Annie could get a solo.
    True, like I said, even if the marriage is back, the way 616 Peter and MJ's marriage is used is very different from RYV, it's just that since Marvel chose to make them be together in another universe instead of 616, just makes them getting back together in 616 less likely.

BANNED

True, like I said, even if the marriage is back, the way 616 Peter and MJ's marriage is used is very different from RYV, it's just that since Marvel chose to make them be together in another universe instead of 616, just makes them getting back together in 616 less likely.
    I can believe that.

Prior to RYV, they'd been very comfortable with keeping the marriage active in the newspaper strip (which is far more niche) and that too is another universe (a more "innocent" one according to Slott's short Spider-Verse storyline dealing with Morlun's attack on that reality).
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 09-28-2017 at 02:08 PM.

True, like I said, even if the marriage is back, the way 616 Peter and MJ's marriage is used is very different from RYV...
    Sure, a nuclear family is a different setup from a childless married couple.

...it's just that since Marvel chose to make them be together in another universe instead of 616, just makes them getting back together in 616 less likely.
    Certainly not when they're running at the same time. To be totally candid, at this point, if RYV is the only marriage-series they do for the foreseeable future (assuming that it lasts a good long while), I could live with that.

BANNED

[QUOTE=WebLurker;3125590]Sure, a nuclear family is a different setup from a childless married couple.QUOTE]

Its not just that. The tone is also very different from the 616 marrige.
    I think one of the reasons for that is that this couple actually can move forward and not just in snail pace.
    Quite frankly they seem a lot more "happy" then they did in the 616. A big part of that being Annie.
    Not to mention their whole world is rather different too. The whole X-men issue with Wolverine and Jeanīs daughter kind of showcased this.
    The whole setup of Spider-man working with partners instead of as a solo hero is also very different.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    I think one of the reasons for that is that this couple actually can move forward and not just in snail pace.
    Correct. As much as some have complained about the time skip, I feel with the tone of the universe and depiction of the family dynamic in RYV, jumping ahead is more effective for the narrative. Like you say, Peter and MJ are pretty content in their current dynamic (If MJ possessing the Venom symbiote can't create any tension, you know they're well off), so advancing them in years raises stakes in a different way as they have to cope with aging into their 40s, wondering if their bodies can keep up, and dealing with their unit as Annie copes with puberty (and probably the effects of a big ego from doing the superhero gig for a few years more than your average Parker kid)
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 09-29-2017 at 02:34 AM.

BANNED

Correct. As much as some have complained about the time skip, I feel with the tone of the universe and depiction of the family dynamic in RYV, jumping ahead is more effective for the narrative. Like you say, Peter and MJ are pretty content in their current dynamic (If MJ possessing the Venom symbiote can't create any tension, you know they're well off), so advancing them in years raises stakes in a different way as they have to cope with aging into their 40s, wondering if their bodies can keep up, and dealing with their unit as Annie copes with puberty (and probably the effects of a big ego from doing the superhero gig for a few years more than your average Parker kid)
    Sure. Its also going to be interesting having a Spider-man who is not either too old or rather young.
    Most of the times we have superheroes who are teenagers or adults in their prime. Or when we do have heroes that are older that is usually 50% of the story right there. Like the dark knight. Its going to be interesting to have a hero who is no yet years beyond his prime, but is closer to that then being a newbie.