Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Well this is happening

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ers/721024001/

Not too late to one-up it with #800 Marvel

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I don't believe OMD will be undone in issue 800 either so I concur with those who think it won't be.

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Well this is happening

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ers/721024001/

Not too late to one-up it with #800 Marvel
    What it’s currently looking like:

Marvel: “We need to break up the Parkers so Spider-Man can be single and go on globetrotting adventure like Batman and not be tied down to a wife.”

DC: “Alright, guys, Batman’s getting married!”

Of course, they might be swerving in a different direction, but with the signs we have now...

I can't see Batman settling down with anyone but Alfred.

So my guess is this means doom for Catwoman. Killed, put in a coma, turned into stone, shot into space, etc.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Unmarried Spider-Man is the back to basics.
    It is, and that's not a good thing.

"Basics" = horrible.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post

So my guess is this means doom for Catwoman. Killed, put in a coma, turned into stone, shot into space, etc.
    LOL actually at this point the swerve would be if she is not doomed, as everyone naturally assumes she will be.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    LOL actually at this point the swerve would be if she is not doomed, as everyone naturally assumes she will be.
    Not to mention that's how their most well known marriage from Earth-2 ended

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yeah, I mean even if it ends eventually (either through events in the story itself -- divorce, death, whatever -- or through reboot -- like with Superman and Lois Lane when New 52 happened), why are we assuming that it's going to be over right away? Having taken the trouble to set it up, aren't the writers going to want to use it for awhile? I mean, on paper, it opens new story-telling possibilities.

(Incidentally, regarding the comparision between a married Batman and Spider-Man, I think it speaks to the characters differences that Batman's fiancee is a fellow member of the "superhero" community, while Spider-Man married a civilian.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, I mean even if it ends eventually (either through events in the story itself -- divorce, death, whatever -- or through reboot -- like with Superman and Lois Lane when New 52 happened), why are we assuming that it's going to be over right away?
    I doubt it will be over "right away", since we're only 31 issues into a planned 100-issue run, but Tom King basically admitted in an interview he knows someone will undo everything he's worked on with this eventually, so he's probably going to try and control where the story goes, unless DC see the dollar signs and mandate that they get married. Also, a big part of his story is supposedly building to Batman dying (though we've seen variations on that already with Grant Morrison and Scott Snyder)
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 10-04-2017 at 12:03 PM.

BANNED

Some choice references from yesterday's NYCC Spider-Man panel

-Revealing The Falcon will be pitted against Blackheart, son of Mephisto, in his own ongoing.

-Dan Slott specifically referenced One More Day, and not OMIT, as the reason the Venom symbiote does not remember who Peter is.

BANNED

It was revealed in today's Runaways that the events of the original Civil War (and thus what led to OMD) and everything up to now have occurred within two years.

Also, they got the ball rolling on bringing MJ back into ASM with today's issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I doubt it will be over "right away", since we're only 31 issues into a planned 100-issue run, but Tom King basically admitted in an interview he knows someone will undo everything he's worked on with this eventually, so he's probably going to try and control where the story goes, unless DC see the dollar signs and mandate that they get married. Also, a big part of his story is supposedly building to Batman dying (though we've seen variations on that already with Grant Morrison and Scott Snyder)
    Understanding that Batman is in transition as a hero practically ensures that the marriage either will be cancelled as Batman changes into his main self (my new theory) or something tragic will happen soon to Catwoman. King's proposal Batman isn't stable enough as a person to really be ready for marriage.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Unless he's Nolan's Batman.

BANNED

Understanding that Batman is in transition as a hero practically ensures that the marriage either will be cancelled as Batman changes into his main self (my new theory) or something tragic will happen soon to Catwoman. King's proposal Batman isn't stable enough as a person to really be ready for marriage.
    Interestingly, there were a couple of scans posted in the thread for the latest issue of Detective Comics in the Superman forums detailing the first time Tim met his future incarnation, and the gravestone for Selina does read "beloved wife"

BANNED

Well, remember back when the preview pages for this week's Invincible Iron Man came out some time back? The ones that displayed Peter's public unmasking as one of the highlights of the Tony Stark tribute expo? Well that wasn't an artist's error, and it's been kept in the comic!