Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This was such a fun read. Loved the dialogue, the art , the tie in to previous issues like NMD. Dick and Damian excellent as always with Dick being the best big bro and calming a panicked and frustrated Damian.

spoilers:
    Loved Dick taking control
    Green Arrow talking mentioning how members of the League all trust Nightwing
    Batman's little goodbye messages to Dick
    Joker robin and his robins
    seeing the two teams
    Harley saying how attractive Dick was
    Batman providing wardrobe [how did he know their sizes?]
    Twist at the end
    Ollie being snarky to Damian
    Damian and Ollie bickering
    Damian being worried about their Pa
    Everything about this was great aside from Seeley's Damian and his Heir to the Mantle.

At 1st I thought The Son who Laughs was Damian but now I think he might be Dick
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by dietrich; 09-20-2017 at 07:14 AM.

BANNED

Just how many of those cannibal puppies there is? There were 8 of them in that panel and cleraly hinting more.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Just how many of those cannibal puppies there is? There were 8 of them in that panel and cleraly hinting more.
    Good question.
    In metal #2 there were three
    In teen titans #12 there were four
    And on Nightwing they have...a lot.

I think that the Batman who Laugh and his Robin have an army of those, honestly. But BWL probably only keeps three/four with him because of the number of true Robins he had.

BANNED

Gotta say, the origin of the BWL is something I`m eargarly expecting. There`s gotta be a creepy twist there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Gotta say, the origin of the BWL is something I`m eargarly expecting. There`s gotta be a creepy twist there.
    Cenobite Batman and demon robins are already creepy, but agree, it's the part of metal that caught my attention the most.

A good bit of info dumping, but otherwise not bad. Wasn't Batgirl suppose to be part of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    A good bit of info dumping, but otherwise not bad. Wasn't Batgirl suppose to be part of this?
    That is what I said last week. Same goes for BC, but seems like they were dropped.

GA #31 cover, look at evil robin.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    This was such a fun read. Loved the dialogue, the art , the tie in to previous issues like NMD. Dick and Damian excellent as always with Dick being the best big bro and calming a panicked and frustrated Damian.

spoilers:

At 1st I thought The Son who Laughs was Damian but now I think he might be Dick
    end of spoilers
    I gotta agree with this, this was a fantastic issue as far as event tie-ins go. Metal might be the first time I've ever been this excited for and also satisfied by an ongoing event.

And as for the spoiler, spoilers:
    with all the focus on trust lately, I could see it. I mean, the BWL trusts this Robin more than the others. Damian trusts Dick, Bruce trusts Dick, the JL and Ollie trust Dick... it kinda fits. I hope it is Dick, just because almost everyone expected it to be Damian's counterpart.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    Love the cover, just waiting for it to come in higher quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    That is what I said last week. Same goes for BC, but seems like they were dropped.

It'll be weird if she was since we were supposed to start seeing the reconciliation between her and GA in this story.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It'll be weird if she was since we were supposed to start seeing the reconciliation between her and GA in this story.
    I think she and Batgirl are still going to show up down the road. I think it is just like adding members to the party.

BANNED

Well, if it wasn't already clear from the not so subtle 'metal' drops in all the text from both here and the main book, it seems Metal as whole is turning out to be one of those McGuffin events where characters chance to add to or subtract from the story is dependent entirely on whenever or not they have access to said McGuffin, in this case a weapon of a special metal.
    Like in here we have a bunch of street-level characters making a stand against the evil forces assailing them because they get their hands on the special McGuffins... and their superpowered comrades gets overwhelmed by a gremlin horde for plot reasons.

Rest of the issue... story was all right, but I am already tired of the writer(s) idea of cleverness to put the word 'metal' into the dialogue boxes. So while I do like the notion of modern characters picking up a broadsword, the dialogue for the most part is making this Metal-even more Tenacious D than Black Sabbath.

Mighty Member

You know, I don't think Raven was among the Jokerized Teen Titans and Suicide Squad. Maybe they forgot her in the panel, or maybe something else is happening with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    You know, I don't think Raven was among the Jokerized Teen Titans and Suicide Squad. Maybe they forgot her in the panel, or maybe something else is happening with her.
    Maybe since her father is Trigon they want to do something with her?

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Maybe since her father is Trigon they want to do something with her?
    I'd be pretty bummed out if we're gonna get another Trigon story if it goes the exact same way it usually does, but using the Dark Multiverse and such would actually be a cool way to do it if Percy does. If the build up for it starts here, that'd be sick.