Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Alucard (Hellsing) vs D (Vampire Hunter D)

The Hunter vs The No-Life King. Who wins?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I don't know nearly as much about D as I do about Alucard: does he have anyway to permanently put Alucard down, and can he stop what Alucard can do to him? I mean, Alucard's limitless supernatural killing bullets are already a good start, his speed + healing keep him alive, etc.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Isn't D like, significant fraction of lightspeed level in the novels?

I also recall him being able to just cancel regeneration by virtue of being that good at cutting people.

Alucard might be in for a rough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Isn't D like, significant fraction of lightspeed level in the novels?

I also recall him being able to just cancel regeneration by virtue of being that good at cutting people.

Alucard might be in for a rough time.
    If he's that fast, and can cancel regen on Alucard's level, we have our winner. Just the speed alone, if he's got the ability to do damage (and I think he does) ought to give him a ten count, even if it's not a pure kill. Bell, slice slice slice, chuck parts around the arena, keep slicing until it takes even The Crimson F$£%er more than 10 seconds to bring himself back. Al's only shot would be releasing pretty much everything, and maybe drowning D or absorbing some blood from where D cut himself shaving.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Did some digging in old threads, feats being quoted for D include being FTL, punting people into orbit, absorbing planet busting energies with his left hand, resisting reality warping and transmutation, breaking out of dimension dumps and apparently attacking people while they are mid teleport.

I think Alucard might be out of his depth here.

Anyone who actually knows the novels want to weigh in?

Oh, yeah, totally forgot about the left hand thing: it can probably just EAT Alucard.

D will never be as much fun, however.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Did some digging in old threads, feats being quoted for D include being FTL, punting people into orbit, absorbing planet busting energies with his left hand, resisting reality warping and transmutation, breaking out of dimension dumps and apparently attacking people while they are mid teleport.

I think Alucard might be out of his depth here.

Anyone who actually knows the novels want to weigh in?
    D reacted to an attack that made it from... Mars, I think? or somewhere in space (it has been a while), to hit him on Earth faster than light could ever make it.
    D has also done things like stand inside darkness with the pressure of a super massive black hole and it did not even muss his hair.
    He once attacked something so hard that it re-wrote time and erased a singularity from existence...
    And yes, he has a technique that shuts off regen.
    Just to throw out a few random things. Alucard is not in his league.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrile Demonthyst View Post
    D reacted to an attack that made it from... Mars, I think? or somewhere in space (it has been a while), to hit him on Earth faster than light could ever make it.
    D has also done things like stand inside darkness with the pressure of a super massive black hole and it did not even muss his hair.
    He once attacked something so hard that it re-wrote time and erased a singularity from existence...
    And yes, he has a technique that shuts off regen.
    Just to throw out a few random things. Alucard is not in his league.
    ...Holy Crap.O_o

Yeah, it sounds like D should be fighting guys out of Saint Seiya, Dragon Ball Z(Pre-Super) or lower-tier cosmic characters. Alucard is grossly out of his league here.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    ...Holy Crap.O_o

Yeah, it sounds like D should be fighting guys out of Saint Seiya, Dragon Ball Z(Pre-Super) or lower-tier cosmic characters. Alucard is grossly out of his league here.
    D is... not the normal character for Rumbles.
    The movies have him doing some silly stuff, to be sure, but the novels are absurd.
    As an example, the Nobles (vampires) do insane things like create "infinite" space inside of their coffins, creating dimensions and entire universes, etc.
    D resists attacks that obliterate them. He also does things like cross "infinite" space in the span of a few words being thought.
    He closes holes in space with his sword using skill alone, his pendant absorbs heat attacks that are around a billion degrees.
    If I remember correctly he read (or it was implied that he read) the Akashic Records. These things are multiversal and reading them can begin the end of all existence, or so it is believed. The person reading them is said to be erased from time by their power. Yet he remains.
    He is pretty close the epitome of a Deus ex Machina type character.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrile Demonthyst View Post
    D is... not the normal character for Rumbles.
    The movies have him doing some silly stuff, to be sure, but the novels are absurd.
    As an example, the Nobles (vampires) do insane things like create "infinite" space inside of their coffins, creating dimensions and entire universes, etc.
    D resists attacks that obliterate them. He also does things like cross "infinite" space in the span of a few words being thought.
    He closes holes in space with his sword using skill alone, his pendant absorbs heat attacks that are around a billion degrees.
    If I remember correctly he read (or it was implied that he read) the Akashic Records. These things are multiversal and reading them can begin the end of all existence, or so it is believed. The person reading them is said to be erased from time by their power. Yet he remains.
    He is pretty close the epitome of a Deus ex Machina type character.
    I repeat: Holy. Crap.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Incredible Member

Anime fight, Alucard wins due to his insane regen.

Manga fight is an absurd curbstomp in D's favor. The author of the original Vampire Hunter D manga even admitted that he specifically created D to be the most overpowered character he could imagine. D's sword actually blocks regen in the manga, and he has absurd feats of power and skill.

Well technically when his 5 fingernails became the the official containers of the 5 elements of nature,he was able to rewrite time and history anytime he punched someone so as they would not exist the minute he laid his hand's on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Miracleman View Post
    Well technically when his 5 fingernails became the the official containers of the 5 elements of nature,he was able to rewrite time and history anytime he punched someone so as they would not exist the minute he laid his hand's on them.
    You know at some point things like that stop sounding badass and start sounding lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    You know at some point things like that stop sounding badass and start sounding lame.
    He's the definition of "sue".
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

You're all forgetting one important ability that D possesses.

Being insanely handsome.