Default Mysticism & the Occult! Justice League Dark Appreciation!!

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK

"The Justice League Dark, or JLD, is a fictional superhero team that appears in comic books published by DC Comics. First appearing in Justice League Dark #1 (September 2011), the Justice League Dark originally featured John Constantine, Madame Xanadu, Deadman, Shade, the Changing Man, and Zatanna. The team consists of the more supernatural members of the DC Universe, handling situations deemed unfit for the traditional Justice League."

INFORMATION
    DEBUT: September 2011
    1ST APPEARANCE: Justice League Dark #1
    CREATED BY: Peter Milligan

ON-GOING SERIES
    (2011) Justice League Dark #0-40

MEMBERSHIP
    Amethyst
    Andrew Bennett
    Black Orchid (Alba Gracia)
    Deadman
    Dr Fate (Kent Nelson)
    Dr Mist
    Enchantress
    Etrigan
    Frankenstein
    John Constantine
    Madame Xanadu
    Mindwarp
    Nightmare Nurse
    Pandora
    Phantom Stranger
    Shade
    Spectre (Jim Corrigan)
    Swamp Thing
    Tim Hunter
    Zatanna
    Zauriel

Show some appreciation!! Hopefully we'll get a Rebirth title soon!!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Spectacular Member baycitybomber's Avatar

One of my favourite teams beside Shadow Pact. I really hope DC breathes new life into the team because the number of stories the magic side of the DCU has to offer is staggering. That, and characters like Zatanna and Madame X are seriously underused.

there is a new ragman miniseries coming out soon and Etrigan/madame x are popping up in there so maybe Ragman might have other guest stars?

https://www.newsarama.com/36426-inno...ral-layer.html

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/12/17/j...-art-revealed/

I feel like we dodged a bullet with those concepts! Yikes at that Deadman, Zatanna and Etrigan (a Black Jason Blood makes no sense!).
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Astonishing Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/12/17/j...-art-revealed/

I feel like we dodged a bullet with those concepts! Yikes at that Deadman, Zatanna and Etrigan (a Black Jason Blood makes no sense!).
    Those concepts hurt my heart.

Funny thing is I like this team but didn't read their run lol. Only read their crossovers. The title of the book should be called JLD but as for a team name it sounds stupid.

Incredible Member

Not bad, I am just not a fan of Zatanna's punk(?) look, and yes I know it would feel weird having her wearing a Magician look as everyday clothes but punk? Swamp Thing is the best looking almost distance/other worldy from the rest. Still for director Alfonso Cuarón.

Spectacular Member

Never read the New 52 run, but interested in the team. I read New 52 Phantom Stranger (except the crossover issues) and DCYou Constantine and really dug them. Read and liked half of Gotham by Midnight, still have to read the other half. Currently picking up the Ragman, Entrigan and Mystik U minis.

What's the story behind the Dark Universe book that was supposed to happen during DCYou? Was pretty interested in that, especially when the team appeared in Martian Manhunter's solo and had the young and new Doctor Fate.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.