Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Deadpool #29

This May, the shocking truth about Deadpool's family comes to light in DEADPOOL #29 - a tie-in to Original Sin! And the truth about the Merc With a Mouth upend the lives of those close to him in ways you never thought imaginable. Fan-favorite writers Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn along with artist John Lucas craft an gut-wrenching tale about Wade's past that might just be too much for him to handle!

Manipulated at the hands of Butler and his brutal offshoot of the Weapon Plus program, Wade Wilson was transformed into an indestructible killing machine against his will. But there is more to the story. Before being fully indoctrinated by Butler for good, all ties to Wade's past had to be severed. And the secrets of that day have remained unknown to this day - even to Deadpool himself.

Now, thanks to the energies of The Watcher's all-seeing eyes, S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents Adsit and Preston have uncovered the terrible truths about Deadpool's family. Should they tell him? Or is the truth the final straw that could very well unravel Wade's fragile psyche!

What untold horrors lay in Deadpool's past? And what will happen if they come to light? The horrific truth about Deadpool's family and their gruesome fate stand revealed this May in DEADPOOL #29!

Full preview here.

Astonishing Member

Hmmmm. The style's not quite what I expected.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Hmmmm. The style's not quite what I expected.
    Yea, I'll be picking this up either way.. very excited to see what unfolds.. but I agree with you here. Shalvey's cover is great and for a tone that is supposedly more serious sounding of a story and related to his Good, Bad, Ugly arc.. I think they should have had Declan do the interior art for this as well. Style shown doesnt fit the storyline.. but we havent seen any words, so who knows the actual tone yet.

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

agree, interior art does not match the tone of the story announced.. but I'm still looking forward to this. sounds so cool!
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!