Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Default Big Barda (Pre-Crisis) vs She-Hulk (Savage/Sensational etc.)

Basic H2H. No weapons.

The Fourth World meets the fourth wall? Going by your literal thread title, I think that She-Hulk of that time frame was what Marvel considered to be Class 75 strength, with comparable toughness. In other words, roughly equivalent to Ben Grimm or Colossus. By contrast, I believe that even pre-Crisis Big Barda was more on par with Wonder Woman (minus the speed feats), which is what we Rumblers would consider Class 100. Also, Jen is just a brawler, but Barda has serious combat training. So I think Big Barda takes the win, though She-Hulk puts up a decent fight.

In a fight where the gloves actually come off, Barda is on a different level.

Raised on Apokolips/Raised(trained) by Granny Goodness/Probably has the reach and strength advantage.

Barda seems stronger and has more training.

BANNED

barda is a god. she hulk is human.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    barda is a god. she hulk is human.
    While this assessment is technically correct, titles have no bearing on the relative power levels of people in play.

Kenshiro is human but he also beats the piss out of all of the gods in Gods Of Egypt with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    In a fight where the gloves actually come off, Barda is on a different level.

Raised on Apokolips/Raised(trained) by Granny Goodness/Probably has the reach and strength advantage.
    I agree that Barda will win, but at 6'7", She-Hulk might have the reach advantage. How tall is Big Barda? I don't remember her being taller than Superman, and he's maybe 6'3".

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I agree that Barda will win, but at 6'7", She-Hulk might have the reach advantage. How tall is Big Barda? I don't remember her being taller than Superman, and he's maybe 6'3".
    Barda was originally listed as 6'2" (without heels), but at some point she became 7'0" (without heels):

She clearly dwarfs Supes, Bats, and Wondy in height just wearing a towel.

EDIT: nevermind, the OP states Pre-COIE Big Barda. That image is from the 2003 Batman/Superman "Supergirl/Apokolips" storyline.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 09-19-2017 at 08:42 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Just stepping in to remind everyone that it's comics: 'reach advantage' isn't something that happens, barring one character being 20' tall.

Side note: Perfectly willing to admit I've been guilty of this one as well, at times. ^_^
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 09-19-2017 at 08:53 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Barda wins, but She-Hulk is gonna get some good punches in. Her training to get a rematch with the Champion greatly advanced her skill and fighting ability. Not nearly enough to beat Barda, but she would stand a better chance now than, say, her 90s version.

Isn't current she-hulk now turning grey or some such? I thought also wasn't she trained by gamora?

Maybe, but we can sometimes be swayed unfairly by statements such as "... was trained by...".

Spider-Man was trained by Shang Chi. Doesn't mean he has Shang's skill.

Same with Scarlet Witch and Captain America.

So being trained by Gamora doesn't make Jen into Gamora's equal, skill-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Maybe, but we can sometimes be swayed unfairly by statements such as "... was trained by...".

Spider-Man was trained by Shang Chi. Doesn't mean he has Shang's skill.

Same with Scarlet Witch and Captain America.

So being trained by Gamora doesn't make Jen into Gamora's equal, skill-wise.
    Never said she was the same skill set,but has she demonstrated increased power and skill set since?