Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Like Lockjaw and Moon Girl, hate Medusa and Black Bolt, indifferent to the rest.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

No. But I'm not a fan of them either, especially after DoX and IvX.

I don't hate them. Prior to IVX I read their books. But IVX disgusted me so much I lost all interest in following them, sorry to say.

Dox and IvX. The old are dead to me. Kamala and Synapse be saved.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

The only inhuman i care about is Kamala Khan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cuteclops View Post
    dude, i really really hate this stupid cryclops.

Come on, marvel, bring rightclops back!
    well said brother. Bring the real cyclops back.

Yeah, can't stand them.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Of the original Inhumans, I only ever liked Triton. But since a few years he seem to be treated in a bad way by the various writers.

I do like some of the NU-humans, after IvX. So, I was considering to purchase the series they would be on, but then only Inferno is used on New Warriors and only Grid on Royals (if he is still there). That was disappointing.

The made Iso leader of the Inhumans, that was a good thing. But then it was not really followed up. If they would have brought out a series with Iso, Inferno, Naja etc in one book, I might have gotten it.

Now I hop[e Iso will leave the Inhumans and joins Generation X
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I'm largely indifferent to the Inhumans, save Ms Marvel (who's great) and Medusa (who's actions up to and during IvX put her on my permanent shitlist). The bigger issue is, as most have pointed out, how badly Marvel served two of their IPs in the service of elevating the Inhumans. The Inhumans lost one of their most unique characteristics while riding the X-Men's coat tails and came off as callous monsters in the process, and the X-Men got shoved into two years of a nonsensical, badly-written storyline that went absolutely nowhere and smeared Cyclops' reputation for literally no good reason, on-page or off. It was a bad idea executed badly, and it's done neither franchise any favors.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I also need to add, it's clear there's something about the Inhumans that just doesn't connect to people. They have been around since the mid-60s and were never able to sustain a successful ongoing series, even during Marvel and the comics industry's heyday. And the tv show just doesn't seem to be working either - I think it's pretty telling that Kevin Feige shot down the property after plans to make a movie were already in motion. I dare say some concepts and characters just aren't meant to be headliners, just supporting.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I also need to add, it's clear there's something about the Inhumans that just doesn't connect to people. They have been around since the mid-60s and were never able to sustain a successful ongoing series, even during Marvel and the comics industry's heyday. And the tv show just doesn't seem to be working either - I think it's pretty telling that Kevin Feige shot down the property after plans to make a movie were already in motion. I dare say some concepts and characters just aren't meant to be headliners, just supporting.
    I dont know what you're talking about them having a series in the comic industry heyday they didn't officially have a ongoing series until after 2013's Infinity.

They had Mini series yes but they never officially had an ongoing series until after 2013's infinity that's where the push began and the truth is prior to that they only had a handful of apperances in mini series Paul jenkins 1998 inhumans 12 issue mini series comes to mind as the most popular example but aside from that they were guest characters in the fantastic four from time to time for years and then they had roles in 2006's annihilation and 2007's annihilation conquest and then had some role in world war hulk, then secret invasion happened and they had a role in it mostly with black bolt then we had realm of kings and war of kings but even then in those stories they were portrayed as nothing more then supporting characters with not much character development outside of those apperances and their apperances in the fantastic four.

If anything it was a good thing that when infinity happened that marvel pushed the inhumans if only to actually give them character development they weren't as fleshed out I found prior to the push hickman's fantastic four and ff run were the closest we got to actually character development for the inhumans prior to infinity.

I think what was the problem was their handling of the push and how they executed the push of the inhumans with the death of x/ivx era of the inhumans being the biggest mistake they made in relation to their push of the inhumans I think it did a lot of harm to their push of the inhumans.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 09-20-2017 at 04:24 AM.

Astonishing Member

Okay, i admit that i really liked what happend. The X-Men werent what they used to anymore, so no problem with replacing them, or even change them into a smaller group. I bought everything from the X-Men and the Inhumans and i am not a hater of any franchise.

The Inhumans are very interesting. Some of you wrote that they are racist, elitare scum, or something? Maybe, but we have enough do gooders in comic books. I can enjoy characters who behave or be different from our X-Men or Superman etc.

I mean i even like Suicide Squad. A good read with a whole lotta scumbags in it.

I hate the royal family. The rest is ok.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I dont know what you're talking about them having a series in the comic industry heyday they didn't officially have a ongoing series until after 2013's Infinity.

They had Mini series yes but they never officially had an ongoing series until after 2013's infinity that's where the push began and the truth is prior to that they only had a handful of apperances in mini series Paul jenkins 1998 inhumans 12 issue mini series comes to mind as the most popular example
    Perhaps I didn't explain myself correctly. What I meant to say is that from 1965 to 2013 nobody at Marvel deemed the Inhumans suitable to sustain an ongoing series, and aside from the mini's and guest appearances you mentioned, they have largely been used as supporting characters until very recently. Now consider how many idiot concepts and characters had a shot at their own ongoing book much earlier than after 40 years from their creation - it seems to me Marvel have always considered them as supporting players as well, until it was time to push them as X-Men replacements, which clearly didn't work either.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't hate the Inhumans, but I hate how they were used in the context of the X-Men.
    I think most X-men fans would agree with this sentiment. Up until recently, X-men fans had no reason to hate the Inhumans. They were a different franchise with different themes. They didn't undermine each other in any way. Then, Marvel and Disney began getting petty with all properties for which they didn't own the movie rights. We saw the complete removal and marginalization of the Fantastic Four. We saw mutants being purged from merchandise. Then, seeing the Inhumans get thrust into a larger role, which happened to be annoyingly similar to that of the X-men, was just the last straw. The Inhumans are NOT the X-men and treating them as such is an affront to both franchises. The events leading up to IvX only made it worse because it seemed as though Marvel would use any excuse to push the Inhumans. That effort seems to have waned now. Mutants are making their way back into Marvel's core narrative. But some of those scars haven't healed and I think it'll be a long time before X-men fans give the Inhumans another chance.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.