Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

Default Do Xmen fans really all hate Inhumans?

I'm apart of an Xmen movie discussion group on Facebook and in both groups the Inhumans are the regular whipping boy for angry discussions with other mutants. On this forum and into broader Marvel fandom, is this a majority opinion that the Inhumans aren't up to par as a replacement for the Xmen franchise? I've seen some fascinating posts by more learned individuals about the Inhumans who stated they never were meant to be a replacement, but the consensus and or more prevalent feelings here and other places I've seen is Marvel legitimately made the push. How deep does Xmen fandom extend into the broader Marvel world that Marvel legitimately felt they could replace a longstanding franchise like the Xmen with Inhumans? Or if you don't believe Marvel sought to use the Inhumans as a replacement team why did the Inhumans vs. Xmen comic end so poorly and became so divisive that the theory doesn't hold water?

No, but the irritation at Marvel and the powers that be there are quite real.

I am an X-men fan, I don't hate Inhumans.

As a whole, the mention of inhumans leaves a bad taste in my mouth. After clarifying that the subject is Synapse or Iso, then that taste is gone and I'm totally fine with it... if it doesn't involve those two, that bitter taste is still there

Yes. The fact that Marvel tried to shove them down our throats hasn't alleviated that at all.
    Please Remain Calm

I honestly couldn't name a single one until Marvel really started pushing them recently. They're irrelevant to me.

Nope, I actually like a few of them (Black Bolt, Crystal and Karnak) but I hate how Marvel tried to slide them into the X-Men place
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I don't hate the Inhumans, but I hate how they were used in the context of the X-Men.

I truly hate the Inhumans with a fiery passion because of Marvel trying to ram them down everyone's throats as a replacement for the X-Men.

Yep. Pretty much. Still can't stand them.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Not a big fan but I do not hate them.
    X-Men Forever

I don't hate the Inhumans. I'd love to see Polaris get to interact with Crystal and Luna again, with the Magnus family fully restored. The only thing I hate is how Marvel is trying to make the Inhumans into "replacement X-Men" and use it as part of tearing down the X-Men franchise and its characters.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

I like the NuHumans, but the Royal family is elitist, racist scum. Medusa is beyond despicable. I do exclude Crystal from that though.

BANNED

They should be executed for breeding slaves and committing genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't hate the Inhumans, but I hate how they were used in the context of the X-Men.
    same here. i've always liked the Inhumans TBH.

Agree with the comments. I don't hate the Inhumans and I actually think they were a good idea with some great e.g Ms Marvel. However, Marvel have shot themselves with trying to X-Men with Inhumans- it only caused more hate. I will also defend the X-Men against certain claims about them any day
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!