Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman Ninja

Default Batman Ninja

Warner Bros. Japan and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment are apparently developing a Batman anime film titled "Batman Ninja."

There will be a first-look panel at New York Comic-Con:

Warner Bros. Japan and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment team for an eye-popping addition to the Batman animated legacy with Batman Ninja, a spectacular, all-new anime film coming in 2018. Be among the first to witness the premiere of colorful footage from this imaginative take on Batman and many of his connected characters. Panelists will include director Jumpei Mizusaki, character designer Takashi Okazaki, screenwriter Kazuki Nakashima, English-language screenwriters Leo Chu & Eric Garcia and some potential special guests.

BANNED

So I was gonna write this off as "Oh, another Batman movie", and saw "many of his connected characters" and go, "Time for Cass to be ignored again,"...but then I remembered where I've seen the name Kazuki Nakashima before. He did the series composition for my favorite anime of all time, Gurren Lagann, and he was the head writer for one of my other favorite anime, Kill la Kill. The director is very inexperienced, with only short film to his name in that regard and my negative thoughts are still present...but Nakashima may make me check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    So I was gonna write this off as "Oh, another Batman movie", and saw "many of his connected characters" and go, "Time for Cass to be ignored again,"...but then I remembered where I've seen the name Kazuki Nakashima before. He did the series composition for my favorite anime of all time, Gurren Lagann, and he was the head writer for one of my other favorite anime, Kill la Kill. The director is very inexperienced, with only short film to his name in that regard and my negative thoughts are still present...but Nakashima may make me check this out.
    And the character designer also worked on Afro Samurai.

It'll either be awesome or horrendous. I honestly can't see a middle ground for a "Batman Ninja" animated movie.

Oh, and I they don't put Cass, the closest there is to a ninja in the Batfamily here, I don't know where they'll introduce her.

I'm curious about what the premise will be.

Batman in Japan, fighting Ninjas?

Batman re-imagined as a Japanese hero (I've thought about this one a lot)?

Batman re-imagined as a ninja in Feudal Japan?

I wonder if Lord Deathman will show up...

Info gleamed about the panel from twitter:

- It will feature Batman and his Rogues Gallery traveling from the modern era to Feudal Japan.

- Red Hood will be in the movie.

- "It's not Japan through the eyes of Batman, but Batman through the eyes of the Japanese."

- Joker is voiced by someone with the initials "T.H."

- The fight scenes were filmed using live actors and that footage was then transformed into animation.

- The trailer featured Nightwing, Robin, Two-Face, and Gorilla Grodd.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

- Red Hood will be in the movie.

- The trailer featured Nightwing, Robin,
    Don't mind me, just gonna go stab something...

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm actually more interested in this than DC's normal adaptations and I'm not even a big anime fan.

It's new and different and not poor adaptation.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

That feels very appropriate given all the sharp objects on Batman's person on the poster .

Hey, there's still hope.

This tweet said, "Almost every Batman character that you can think of is in the movie.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    Hey, there's still hope.

This tweet said, "Almost every Batman character that you can think of is in the movie.”
    I'm guessing that means the male Robins, Babs, a bunch of Rogues, Alfred, Jim and maybe Lucius.

But hey, maybe I'll be happily proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    Hey, there's still hope.

I'm not sure I'll hold them to that since this movie also has Gorilla Grodd in it, but it'd be pretty awesome if it were true .
    I'm guessing that means the male Robins, Babs, a bunch of Rogues, Alfred, Jim and maybe Lucius.

But hey, maybe I'll be happily proven wrong.
    Is it wrong that I'd actually be satisfied with this (especially if Catwoman was one of the Rogues) ?

BANNED

Is it wrong that I'd actually be satisfied with this (especially if Catwoman was one of the Rogues) ?
    You're entitled to feel that way, but if you said that to my face IRL, I'd probably slug you. (That's not a matter of intolerance of opinions BTW. My IRL friends and I pretty much take any excuse we can to punch each other.)

You're entitled to feel that way, but if you said that to my face IRL, I'd probably slug you. (That's not a matter of intolerance of opinions BTW. My IRL friends and I pretty much take any excuse we can to punch each other.)
    Well, I'm kind of not good with IRL violence, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't .

BANNED

Well, I'm kind of not good with IRL violence.
    Oh you would not have fared well at my high school.