Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman Ninja

Extraordinary Member

It does seem like a consistent ignorance of potential to ignore Cass for these animated movies and spinoffs, simply because she wasn't on the 60's TV show. I mean, you could have subtitled her solo "A lot of sick action sequences! (No, seriously, this book's like the unholy offspring of Bruce Lee and Batman)," and that just feels like a perfect character for any cartoon, but especially the ostensibly action-heavy current DCAU, or a highly visual style like anime.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - The trailer featured Nightwing, Robin, Two-Face, and Gorilla Grodd.
    ...damn, I'm gonna have to see this now, lol. Gorilla Grodd is incredibly odd, tho. I heard Joker is in, too, so I assumed it'd be some pretty safe picks (which Two-Face fits) as far as villains go. Maybe we'll see some female Batfamily members, I certainly hope so.

I'm really interested in the designs and if we'll get statues of them. If Nightwing ends up looking cool, I'll have to get it...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    It does seem like a consistent ignorance of potential to ignore Cass for these animated movies and spinoffs, simply because she wasn't on the 60's TV show. I mean, you could have subtitled her solo "A lot of sick action sequences! (No, seriously, this book's like the unholy offspring of Bruce Lee and Batman)," and that just feels like a perfect character for any cartoon, but especially the ostensibly action-heavy current DCAU, or a highly visual style like anime.
    Not that I don't agree with this post, but posts like this do bug me, simply because they perpetuate the idea that FiteGirl is all Cass is. And I know you know that isn't true, but there are a lot of idiots out there who like to bash her without knowing the first thing about her or how deep a character she is.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I know what you're getting at, but Babs' consistent use as Batgirl even to this day extends far beyond just her debut on the 60's show.

I mean, Two-Face never made an appearance (even though he was planned too) and he eventually became as big as the main four villains in that show.

If you wish the other Batgirls got attention, that's perfectly fair and something I can agree with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    ...damn, I'm gonna have to see this now, lol. Gorilla Grodd is incredibly odd, tho. I heard Joker is in, too, so I assumed it'd be some pretty safe picks (which Two-Face fits) as far as villains go. Maybe we'll see some female Batfamily members, I certainly hope so.

I'm really interested in the designs and if we'll get statues of them. If Nightwing ends up looking cool, I'll have to get it...
    I'd like to think we'll probably see at least a Batgirl in the film.

Its called Ninja so I'm assuming the al-Ghuls and the LoA will be in it. It would be cool to see the monsterous villains (Manbat, Killer Croc, Clayface) reimagine animesque.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Info gleamed about the panel from twitter:

- It will feature Batman and his Rogues Gallery traveling from the modern era to Feudal Japan.

- Red Hood will be in the movie.

- "It's not Japan through the eyes of Batman, but Batman through the eyes of the Japanese."

- Joker is voiced by someone with the initials "T.H."

- The fight scenes were filmed using live actors and that footage was then transformed into animation.

- The trailer featured Nightwing, Robin, Two-Face, and Gorilla Grodd.
    GOOD IMAGE.. And the JOKER IS HERE.... Red Hood... As ally or villain?

A description of the first look shown at the panel:

In the premiere teaser trailer, Batman - in bulky Samurai-inspired armor - confronts the Joker. "A hero can do everything but kill," the villain says. The criminal clown has a spectral feel to him, looking as insane and as scary as ever - like Ryuk's demented cousin.

Then, quick glances of Batman's friends and foes: Nightwing leaps into action, striking a blow against the Penguin. Robin brandishes a sword. Poison Ivy whips out her own. Catwoman takes on Harley Quinn. A men-yoroi - a facial armor - is removed, revealing the scarred visage of Two-Face. A last surprise: Gorilla Grodd, seemingly a feudal lord, reigns supreme. End.

The animation is rich, fluid and colorful. Despite the Japanese twist, your favorite characters are easily recognizable. It's a brazen new take on the Dark Knight that - going from the tease - just might offer some of the best fight scenes in the caped crusader's storied history.
    Pics of Batman and Joker figurines based on their designs in this film:

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'm actually more interested in this than DC's normal adaptations and I'm not even a big anime fan.

It's new and different and not poor adaptation.
    What about Akira or Ninja Scroll?

The man behind Gurren Lagann is on this? I’m sold.

Looks exciting! I like the designs!

I saw the blond with spiky ears on the poster and at first glance I thought it was Batgirl Steph. Got all excited bc all Robins gathered for once. But it was Catwoman and I'm still devastated. Like oh my god I love Selina but she's already everywhere. Hardly an adaptation goes without her appearing in a major role at some point. But it's been decades and Babs is still the only Batgirl who consistently appears in other media if they bother to include one. Oh well, at least Jason is included for once and four Robins in one room is already more than other adaptations ever bothered to give me unless I'm forgetting something major.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm really looking forward to this and it looks pretty solid. It brings together two things I love: Anime and Batman. I especially like how on point the costume design for Jason Todd is and I love all the character designs here. My only complaint is that Joker is in this. He's so overexposed these days and I get tired of seeing him everywhere, though I do understand why they are using him here. He is Bat's premier villain after all.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 12-01-2017 at 01:17 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Unlike in SUICIDE SQUAD, I am happy to see the Joker here.... Good signal.

Fantastic Member

Was glad to see it seems that all of the Robins (minus Steph ) will be in this one. It's been irritating not having Tim in any of the animated films lately.