Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman Ninja

Stylish. Now Ive grown out of my anime phase but the characters look cool.

This looks good and I can't wait to see it

Glad to see all the sons represented

Quote Originally Posted by AlcorDee View Post
    I saw the blond with spiky ears on the poster and at first glance I thought it was Batgirl Steph. Got all excited bc all Robins gathered for once. But it was Catwoman and I'm still devastated. Like oh my god I love Selina but she's already everywhere. Hardly an adaptation goes without her appearing in a major role at some point. But it's been decades and Babs is still the only Batgirl who consistently appears in other media if they bother to include one. Oh well, at least Jason is included for once and four Robins in one room is already more than other adaptations ever bothered to give me unless I'm forgetting something major.
    Selina has hardly been in the animated movies.

BANNED

And Barbara was just recently in Kill...oh, okay.

Extraordinary Member

Hold up, hold up...

Is this going to be the first animated Batman property to feature all 4 of the boys? And active!?!?

Finally!

Of course we had to wait for someone not tainted by simplification-obsessed-marketing directives to do so.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Hold up, hold up...

Is this going to be the first animated Batman property to feature all 4 of the boys? And active!?!?

Finally!

Of course we had to wait for someone not tainted by simplification-obsessed-marketing directives to do so.

it has taken far too long

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    And Barbara was just recently in Kill...oh, okay.
    Barbara/Batgirl was supposed to have an animated movie a few years ago. But because the animated Wonder Woman movie did not do as well as they would have hoped, the canned the idea. WB felt that a female-led animated movie wouldn't sell.

Joker looks a lot like kefka and Harley seems to be a bit more like a harlequinn?

The idea behind this and the character designs are awesome. It looks like we are going to get Japanese versions of Batman, Alfred, Catwoman, the four Robins and most of Batman's important Rogues. The only problem I have with this is the animation. The Animation looks like the Animation from Berserk (2016), which is not good IMO.
    Last edited by KC; 12-01-2017 at 04:59 PM.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

I'm not a fan of CGI anime, but so far this look wacthable (so far i migth be wrong), but god i hope that it doesn't go to Berserk 2016 territiry with it.

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Selina has hardly been in the animated movies.
    Which is a huge surprise to me but then animated movies are more of a recent thing for me. It's more or less the only place where I see Damian prominently(except the character assasinating nightmare that is injustice games) but I keep hearing internet complain about how Dick and Damian are the only Robins who seem to matter all the time. Meanwhile I sit here with decades of Tim appearing almost every adaptation with a Robin while Jason who? (In some ways I'm happier with DCAU's exploring but in others I just want all my Robins in one movie. Judas Contract movie really should've been outside the continuity since they were too set on the nostalgic factor to organically let it work with rest of the setting.)

Catwoman tho, is the Joker of Batman female cast when it comes to overexposure. Granted it's a bit hypocritical of me to say so when I enjoy her performances but she appeared in Burton series(god bless Pfeiffer) the Nolan trilogy, Telltale games, Arkham games, more or less all animated series, '66 series, her own movie(now THAT I did not enjoy), Gotham, Injustice, her own video game(s), crossover fighting games with limited DC cast to begin with, many other DC based games and the list probably goes on.

Like, villains can be a mixed bag but I have three essentials I expect to see from a Batman adaptation. Alfred, Commissioner Gordon and Catwoman. But I wouldn't hold my breath on appearance of A Robin, let alone more than two or the non-Babs Batgirls.

Granted, I'd cry foul if this movie didn't have her considering everyone and their dog seems to be appearing(hopefully also STEPH AND CASS) and CATWOMAN NINJA COME ON GIMME and what little I saw of her in the trailer was DAYUM. But I'd prefer seeing Cass or Steph with the family in the poster. And Catwoman with Sirens(in a non-sidekick, non-love-interest non-Batman's-cannon-fodder capacity) since, like, how many times have we had all three of them gather in one work before? Yanno, Japan might as well go the whole way since they're already going where no man ever went before. Maybe Damian will name his monkey Fatgirl. I'm so thirsty for Batgirls just EXISTING AT ALL that I'd literally be satisfied with random shout outs like that.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I'm not a fan of CGI anime, but so far this look wacthable (so far i migth be wrong), but god i hope that it doesn't go to Berserk 2016 territiry with it.
    Same I hate CGI anime but this looks legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Comicfan111 View Post
    The idea behind this and the character designs are awesome. It looks like we are going to get Japanese versions of Batman, Alfred, Catwoman, the four Robins and most of Batman's important Rogues. The only problem I have with this is the animation. The Animation looks like the Animation from Berserk (2016), which is not good IMO.
    I'm reminded of the CG from the Jojo's Bizarre Adventures opening theme animations, which the director worked on.
    Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Hold up, hold up...

Finally!

I think it's easier to get all the Robins in something then it is all the Batgirls.

I think it's great to have all the Robins in the film. I also think that the animated movie audience is more familiar with multiple Robins so this won't be a shock to them and they will welcome it. And this is regardless if they read the comics or not.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Looks fun. Love seeing the robins in this. Damien and Dick are clear but who is the other one Jason or Tim
    X-Men Forever