Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Default Too Old For Action Figures?

That's what someone said about my collection. I wonder. What's your thoughts on collecting action figures?

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    That's what someone said about my collection. I wonder. What's your thoughts on collecting action figures?
    Follow your bliss. Collect what you love and don't worry about what others think, and don't worry about what others collect either. If it makes you happy and doesn't hurt anyone, it doesn't matter what others think.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

iMan 42s

If you have the ability to do what you love then why not do it?

I've definitely lightened up on it but I still get figures and statues when I have the opportunity. I don't see the harm in doing something that makes me happy, and these days since everything can be posed they can make for some interesting display/conversation pieces.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

If it makes you happy and you get enjoyment from it, and as long as it doesn't hurt someone, I say keeping collecting.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

What I like about this set is the figures are scaled properly. Scott is smaller in stature than Barda. I wish the Kirby classic New Gods figure series adhered to the right proportions.

DC Icons Action Figures. The best IMHO

Incredible Member

If you like what you do and can comfortably afford it go for it, adults collect Beanie Babies, Barbies, and model trains. As long you're not playing with them on the floor having pretend battles (too much) it should be fine.

Ill never ever let my age stop me from doing anything. **** societal norms or caring what other people think. I have a few collections, silent film figures, green lantern corps (and all the other corps) ,swamp thing associated characters (deadman, spectre, etrigan you get the point), justice league, and xmen. Im very specific in my toy collecting.

BANNED

Nobody is too old of collecting action figures.

Are you doing it in a tasteful manner?

If your one of those "people" that have entire shelves/tables packed shoulder to shoulder with cheap AF's, then your doing it all wrong.

Now one or two highly unusual/unique figures displayed on a desk can be an attractive attention getter. See those Mr. Miracle things above? Not those.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Are you doing it in a tasteful manner?

If your one of those "people" that have entire shelves/tables packed shoulder to shoulder with cheap AF's, then your doing it all wrong.

Now one or two highly unusual/unique figures displayed on a desk can be an attractive attention getter. See those Mr. Miracle things above? Not those.
    There is no right or wrong way to collect something. There is right for you or wrong for you, but how you go about collecting something doesn't have to meet another person's standards, only your own. If someone tells you your doing something hobby related wrong, the problem lies with them, not you. You are not doing it to please their standards, but your own.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    There is no right or wrong way to collect something. There is right for you or wrong for you, but how you go about collecting something doesn't have to meet another person's standards, only your own. If someone tells you your doing something hobby related wrong, the problem lies with them, not you. You are not doing it to please their standards, but your own.

-M
    The key phrase is "tasteful manner". Anyone can jam-pack rainbow colored toys on a shelf, but will it look good? Please post a pic to show your legions of SPAWN McFarlane statues to show otherwise.

If you want to collect every single Batman/Judge Dread figure go right ahead. Filling every single flat surface in your home with a "Stealth Version Spiderman" or countless LEGO Star Wars tie-fighters is 40yr old virgin territory.

If Ollie 1962 has packed his shelves with armies of McFarlane toys then it's little surprise he got a "To Old For Action Figures" insult hurled at him. If he does not then how do people know he's collecting action figures?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

What I like about this set is the figures are scaled properly. Scott is smaller in stature than Barda. I wish the Kirby classic New Gods figure series adhered to the right proportions.
    I have that set! It's awesome!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Who's 43 and collects comics, action figures, and has a **** ton of Lego Star Wars sets that he loves? THIS GUY! **** what other people think.

Amazing Member

I'm 27 and I collect Funko Pops heavy. Every once in a while I might add a Marvel Legends figure or Diamond Select statue.