Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

I say why buy action figures if you're not gonna play with em and act out little stories

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

80 to 100 dollars for this classic OQ/GA heroclick from Frank Miller's BTDKR

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    80 to 100 dollars for this classic OQ/GA heroclick from Frank Miller's BTDKR
    Heroclix are a totally different animal than action figures. Heroclix allow both playing with the figures as toys and taking part in the designed game. I have a thing for the small Star Trek ships and use them as desk decorations.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Heroclix are a totally different animal than action figures. Heroclix allow both playing with the figures as toys and taking part in the designed game. I have a thing for the small Star Trek ships and use them as desk decorations.
    I can dig it. Which Trek series?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    act I know one collector here on the boards has the Doom premium format that was about 4 grand.

I think a tastefully displayed collection shouldn't be anything to have to explain. As someone said, people collect thimbles, Hummel figures, Precious Moments figures etc. If they fill your entire home then that might be a problem.
    ZOMG Yes! That DOOM statue is the holiest of all grails. You have most exquisite taste.

Well said. Collecting is not the issue at all. Its' about how does it look in the room? I collect "stuff" as well, but I never get those kinds of insults...ever. Mostly because I hide my insanity quite well.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    ZOMG Yes! That DOOM statue is the holiest of all grails. You have most exquisite taste.

Well said. Collecting is not the issue at all. Its' about how does it look in the room? I collect "stuff" as well, but I never get those kinds of insults...ever. Mostly because I hide my insanity quite well.
    I only wish that I had the Sideshow Doom. One of the posters in the Doom appreciation thread does. I have his Bowen full figure statue and the mini bust. I do have a small collection of Doom action figures like a Lego, MiniMates, Mash up, Superhero Squaddie

The Bowen pieces and the Eaglemoss figurines I keep in a curio cabinet. The Eaglemoss ones are in small display boxes. All of this I got years back when Bombay furniture was in our local mall.

JordinhoNectar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    If you have the ability to do what you love then why not do it?

I've definitely lightened up on it but I still get figures and statues when I have the opportunity. I don't see the harm in doing something that makes me happy, and these days since everything can be posed they can make for some interesting display/conversation pieces.
    The harm that could be in it is small, and that would be that the stock might run out before a kid could buy them lmao. But good on ya bro I support your endeavors

Astonishing Member

Justifying your interest in action figures if you're "too old": The Education of Louis

Never too old.
    I retired from the Army at age 45, and when I did I needed a box just for my Thor memorabilia collection. Action figures, hammers, even pez dispensers. I’m 51 now and my collection’s just gotten bigger.

I am 38 and I collect action figures. I dont go for anything to expensive as I really cant afford it. I just buy what I like. So of the figures are considered cheap figures like my 12 Marvel Titans series figures. But I enjoy them and that is all that matters. I havnt gotten too much negitive feedback for my hobby. My dad even supports it. He buys me figures for Christmas.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

The action figures market is mostly for adult collectors nowadays. Kids really don’t buy toys like they use to. If it wasn’t for adult collectors, their wouldn’t be much of an industry.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    The action figures market is mostly for adult collectors nowadays. Kids really don’t buy toys like they use to. If it wasn’t for adult collectors, their wouldn’t be much of an industry.
    Appropriate, since the same could of course be said of comic books.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Ollie 1962 View Post
    That's what someone said about my collection. I wonder. What's your thoughts on collecting action figures?
    You're only too old if you're playing with them. I don't collect action figures anymore, that's mostly because I've moved on to statues/PVC's of characters I love. I have them on my desk and book shelves. For me they are representaitons of the qualties I admire in men and women. In a way they are my personal 'vision boards'.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Given that I had reached adulthood by the time companies were putting out the figures and statues I had wanted when I was a kid, I had no problems with collecting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I only wish that I had the Sideshow Doom. One of the posters in the Doom appreciation thread does. I have his Bowen full figure statue and the mini bust. I do have a small collection of Doom action figures like a Lego, MiniMates, Mash up, Superhero Squaddie

The Bowen pieces and the Eaglemoss figurines I keep in a curio cabinet. The Eaglemoss ones are in small display boxes. All of this I got years back when Bombay furniture was in our local mall.

See, now this is exactly what I'm talking about when I say "tastefully" decorated. The items are spaced from each other to allow each one to be admired individually. Also they are grouped by theme. Villains together, FF together w/associated characters, Avengers together & so forth.

Just a lovely collection & elegantly displayed. Bravo!!!