Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks, Golgo. I try to keep them tidy. There are two figures I don't have on display because I moved to a smaller place: The Bowen Designs full figure Doom and the Galactus Bust. I just can't find a spot for them. I need to move those smaller figures in the small display boxes someplace else someday. Then maybe I can put those two on top. I'm always paranoid that they might get knocked down somehow. But for now they are in their boxes.

I got the curio cabinet at the Bombay Furniture company that was in the local mall some years back and the smaller display cases at Hobby Lobby IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks, Golgo. I try to keep them tidy. There are two figures I don't have on display
    The Bowen Designs full figure Doom...
    I just can't find a spot for them.
    Do it for DOOM!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Do it for DOOM!
    I may bring him out for Halloween

BANNED

collecting is fine, small business nobody really cares. now how about taking your figures and acting out little stories with them? or big stories, but then you'll be at work or on a date or something and getting all antsy because your godzilla figure was seconds away from stomping out your limited edition Richard rider Nova figure and you desperately need to save him

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I may bring him out for Halloween
    Pics or it didn't happen!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    collecting is fine, small business nobody really cares. now how about taking your figures and acting out little stories with them? or big stories, but then you'll be at work or on a date or something and getting all antsy because your godzilla figure was seconds away from stomping out your limited edition Richard rider Nova figure and you desperately need to save him
    Dude! Are you spying on me?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Dude! Are you spying on me?
    Hahaha, relatable content

BANNED

Well... for myself, I sometimes wonder if so. For OP, I know this was made several years ago, but how many figures do you have? How much is it in your house? For myself, I have two big shelves that hold everything in the side of one small room of the house. But then I also have all my comics in an empty extra bedroom. The toy room basically looks like what Alex Ross had in that 1999 Wizard special (as opposed to the monstrous proportions it grew to in the present day, where the giant statues of his own characters kind of look an eyesore). Is it too many? I don't know, it's in the eye of the beholder, although people seem to like it and I don't have the whole house littered with them. But yeah, I would probably think twice about showing it to a woman who didn't know me already (or a cleaning lady). In my defense I will say all of them are essentially made pre-2009, with just a few things after like the Stan Lee Marvel Legends, so it's either display them proudly or let them collect dust in a box out of some imagined embarrassment, which is even sillier. Do what makes you happy- every time I see them it always cheers me up, and I think of all the happiness it brought me when I got them over the years.

I say live and let live.

I don't collect action figures, but...

Some people would say I'm too old to be reading comic books. They can get stuffed.

Astonishing Member

One part of being an adult is that you are in fact too old for kids' hobbies. Another part of being an adult is that you can engage in hobbies that you're too old for, if you like.

Officially accepted hobbies for adult men include a few sports (mostly golf) and cooking outside on a grill. For collectibles, sports memorabilia in your man-cave is okay with a dartboard and some beer signs.

I don't live like that!

Too old for action figures? Nah.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

You're never too old to collect actions figures or other toys. You're just old enough to afford more expensive ones.

I'm 41 and have a pretty large collection of Hot Toys and LEGOs. I just dropped over $800 to buy the LEGO Millennium Falcon, and I'm willing to drop near $700 on the LEGO Titanic. And I got no problem admitting that.

Some people climb mountains at all age, it is considered as a respectable hobby… I don’t know why they do that, it is dangerous and sometimes it can be expensive and unsafe to rescue them…

All I know is that your hobby is rather harmless for you and for other people…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe