Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I was appreciative of the characterization when Superman helped Lois. There was once upon a time where, when something like this would happen and Lois would get kinda annoyed, Clark would be all mopey and apologetic about it. Here played it better. Lois was thankful but a little irritated, Superman got that and made his intervention brief, but he didn't apologize. He did his thing and left, he didn't linger on her back, but he wasn't sorry for helping his wife. Shows them BOTH as stubborn and tough individuals. Him not walking on eggshells around her is a step in the right direction for the marriage.

Overall thought it was a good read, better than I thought it would be. Its wordy, but I like wordy. I like having a lot to look at AND a lot to read. Today that sometimes gets lost and I'm glad I get lots of text to read. Still not sure about next issue, I'm banking on this being misdirection on Slade's part to actually protect Lois from a hit, as opposed to BEING the hit, but even if so I'm not looking forward to that silly "Superman must kill for Lois or she dies" game that's been done time and again that the solicit indicated.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-20-2017 at 11:27 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

How does this fit in to the continuity of Deathstroke currently being blind and trying to sort of be 'good' (for money)?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    How does this fit in to the continuity of Deathstroke currently being blind and trying to sort of be 'good' (for money)?
    In one of the beginning panels it is written that these events occur before Deathstroke #21.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

I really wish the first Lois-centric story on Superman proper in years wasn't such total garbage, but I guess you get what you pay for when you go with a Deathstroke filler arc by a writer who isn't Priest.
    Buh-bye

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Yep, this is the sort of story where I'd have really appreciated Priest's style of writing characters, and also mixing the real with the fantastic. His Lois Lane likely would've been amazing. I also think Larry Hama's art would've fit better for the tone of this story. Happy for anyone who liked this story, but I'm gonna continue skipping this book till Imperious Lex starts.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Hama is basically like the sensei of Priest. But he's not an artist, he's a writer. A great one though.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

My fault. Carlo Pagulayan. His art and Priest writing would've been great for the idea of this arc.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Ah yes. Marvel had him on smaller projects for like a decade, but within a year at dc he's gone to WW with James Robinson. They'll probably start having him on Batman, like they already have clay Mann.

I really enjoyed this issue and love lois atm so much.

I find it funny that Jimmy has appeared twice in this series and these have both between in the last three issues with fill in writers.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    What's with all the filler writing and filler art on Superman lately?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    There appear to be some delays on the creative team's end. I've also seen a tweet from Gleason where he speculates that DC may have been giving Mankhe more time to finish the art for Imperius Lex, presumably because he wouldn't have made the original deadline.
    Is Tomasi coming back?

Is Tomasi coming back?
    He hasn't left, "Imperius Lex" is his next arc, if everthing goes fine.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I was appreciative of the characterization when Superman helped Lois. There was once upon a time where, when something like this would happen and Lois would get kinda annoyed, Clark would be all mopey and apologetic about it. Here played it better. Lois was thankful but a little irritated, Superman got that and made his intervention brief, but he didn't apologize. He did his thing and left, he didn't linger on her back, but he wasn't sorry for helping his wife. Shows them BOTH as stubborn and tough individuals. Him not walking on eggshells around her is a step in the right direction for the marriage.

Overall thought it was a good read, better than I thought it would be. Its wordy, but I like wordy. I like having a lot to look at AND a lot to read. Today that sometimes gets lost and I'm glad I get lots of text to read. Still not sure about next issue, I'm banking on this being misdirection on Slade's part to actually protect Lois from a hit, as opposed to BEING the hit, but even if so I'm not looking forward to that silly "Superman must kill for Lois or she dies" game that's been done time and again that the solicit indicated.
    Yeah I was also happy Superman didn't apologize. Lois's feelings are understandable but if the alternative to this episode of professional independence means death, the alternative is a no-brainer. Nothing to be sorry about. She'd be dead.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    There appear to be some delays on the creative team's end. I've also seen a tweet from Gleason where he speculates that DC may have been giving Mankhe more time to finish the art for Imperius Lex, presumably because he wouldn't have made the original deadline.
    That may be. My other impression is that the DC Talent Hunt grads are being given slots on books. There's not really that much of a market for expanding the line so if you're going to pull in half a dozen new writers and artists a year, you're probably looking at creating slots for fill-ins or shifting some of your established folks over to fill-ins to make room.