Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quite seriously, the only way I'd expect Marvel to actually cancel the X-Men line is if Disney means to have Marvel stop publishing comics altogether. I don't think that the comics publishing division would have much chance of staying profitable without them. As for Alonso on Wolverine...meh. You don't really expect him to say, "Yeah, Logan will be back in 12 months" when there are books to be hyped, right?
    Last edited by Anduinel; 07-13-2014 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    The Avengers have their own panel and AXIS isn't really about the X-Men.

The only X-thing Marvel is excited about is that they are killing off Wolverine, and I expect much gloating from the awful Cychos Marvel employs on that front, but as for X-Men in general...the powers that be just don't care.

They don't have the movie rights and editorial has no love for the material anyway so...this is what we get.
    Ok now I see what you mean, and yes I eventually found that their is an Avengers panel. I'll admit it's odd but I still say that the X-men won't be left out and we will still hear announcements about them.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Quite seriously, the only way I'd expect Marvel to actually cancel the X-Men line is if Disney means to have Marvel stop publishing comics altogether. I don't think that the comics publishing division would have much chance of staying profitable without them. As for Alonso on Wolverine...meh. You don't really expect him to say, "Yeah, Logan will be back in 12 months" when there are books to be hyped, right?
    I agree completely. They said Peter Parker and Steve Rogers were never coming back as well. That's not special.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Ok now I see what you mean, and yes I eventually found that their is an Avengers panel. I'll admit it's odd but I still say that the X-men won't be left out and we will still hear announcements about them.
    Let's be frank here. This is more than 'odd.' No, it doesn't necessarily mean that the books are cancelled next year but it is an insult of monolithic proportions. The X-men have traditionally been one of the pillars of the company. There has pretty much always been an Avengers panel, an X-men panel, a Spider-man panel, and a few others to deal with the stragglers. To not give a panel to one of your traditional pillars, even when it STILL constitutes a HUGE proportion of your monthly comic sales, is insane. Companies do not make random decisions. They do not just go 'meh, not in the mood.' Everything is calculated for an event like this. Not giving the X-men a panel was an active decision with some form of purpose.

What it could mean I have no clue, but it does mean something

I'm not sure what it means either but I'd rather wait a few weeks to see what happens then just speculate on what's going on. I don't know, I've just heard so many crazy theories and complaints over the past month alone, that I'm just very skeptical. Only Marvel knows what's coming. Either way, I stand by what I said an I'm still excited to see what comes out of SDCC.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Id rather have proof. I wont believe it till I hear otherwise. Im waiting rill marv rl reveal thier full panel schedule
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Id rather have proof. I wont believe it till I hear otherwise. Im waiting rill marv rl reveal thier full panel schedule
    SDCC's own website has their entire schedule up. No X-Men panel. There's an AXIS panel, a Spider-Verse panel, a Cup O'Joe panel, an Avengers panel, no X-Men.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Welcome back, Kaiolino!!!
    X-men getting snubbed?! I don't like the sound of that...........
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

BANNED

NYCC will be the ultimate decider for the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    I wonder what would an X-panel have to say?

We are going to concentrate on the future of the X-men! By obsessing over time displaced past versions of the characters!

Baby Shogo is totally not going to be flushed down the time stream, or hand waved away like Wanda's twins or limbo'ed like Xi'ans siblings!

Sure the X-kids are really coming back! For totes real this time! Really!
    Yea I do wonder what they'd even say about the X-Men considering there doesn't even seem to be any clear direction. Even in the book that's said it's purpose like Uncanny, there's still no clear direction or sign of them heading towards their outlined goal.

BANNED

The last X-men panel gave the AXIS teaser, the death of Wolverine, and the Storm announcement. The rest was all about Deadpool.Other than the death there was nothing newsworthy that required a panel or was about the X-men. The AXIS had zero explanation, the solo was more for them to say "we will have 7 female solo's" and less about the actual plot or need, Deadpool did have the 90's X-force hook but that was it. They just do not have nothing major that they want to focus on. Sad, but the X is not their priority and it will most likely be even less now that the public knows of the behind the curtain thoughts. A lot is speculation, but enough information that corroborates a lack of wanted promotion cannot be all untruths.

BANNED

They may rate Bendis over a lot of writers, but signs point to him not quite having the kind of control he did with the Avengers titles. He was overruled during BOTA and is only getting a chance to do things his way now that Aaron and Lowe are gone, he passed some comment somewhere (Tumblr, maybe) about not caring for the Schism nonsense, etc. Things might change with Marts, I don't know, but despite usually selling more units each month than any other writer in their stable since the initial Marvel NOW! launch, he's not really their favored boy anymore.

To say nothing of the fact that he may have been put on the books before there was a legitimate internal policy to put the X-Men and Fantastic Four on the back burner.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    They may rate Bendis over a lot of writers, but signs point to him not quite having the kind of control he did with the Avengers titles. He was overruled during BOTA and is only getting a chance to do things his way now that Aaron and Lowe are gone, he passed some comment somewhere (Tumblr, maybe) about not caring for the Schism nonsense, etc. Things might change with Marts, I don't know, but despite usually selling more units each month than any other writer in their stable since the initial Marvel NOW! launch, he's not really their favored boy anymore.

To say nothing of the fact that he may have been put on the books before there was a legitimate internal policy to put the X-Men and Fantastic Four on the back burner.
    This I agree with, but I still say his position is the one piece of evidence we have that Marvel cares at all. Pretty much every other piece of evidence is pretty bleak.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbowlman View Post
    Waiting for Bendis to come in and call us paranoids with a persecution complex....
    Kind of natural that he would, considering, if they are doing a reboot, it's his idea and his baby.

From this week's Axel in Charge:

Marvel also announced the seven-issue "Death of Wolverine: The Logan Legacy" miniseries, which will stretch out into December. There are definitely skeptics out there wondering why people are making a big deal out of "Death of Wolverine" under the belief he's coming back sooner rather than later, but is this a sign of Marvel being serious about it lasting for a while?

Alonso: Well, it's funny because a lot of people complain there's too much more Wolverine! [Laughs] Not anymore.

This is a long-term plan. He's dead. Our plans, well, let's just say that if they fans don't like a Wolverine-free Marvel Universe, we can't fix that quickly. Mike [Marts] and his team have a very complex and exciting plan to fill the Wolverine-sized hole in the Marvel Universe… that better work out! [Laughs]
    Last edited by Sundowhn; 07-14-2014 at 12:19 AM.

Spectacular Member Living Silver's Avatar

I suspect that a major restructuring is coming, and to build to the hype of that event Marvel is downplaying the current events. Nick Lowe is no longer around, so his projects are quietly being concluded. The X-Men will be back in a year or so with a major marketing push and a simplified, less redundant restructuring that Marvel will shout about.

It makes no business sense to the kill the X-Men- therefore, it won't happen.
    Quicksilver.tk

Mighty Member

Conspiracy theories abound but no X Men panel does seem a bit sinister!

Killing off Wolverine permanently will be a bad move - the Ultimate line went downhill when they did the same.