Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    *Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
    Neko how dare you try and be calm and down play this, instead of going on and on about wild conspiracy theories of this being more proof of marvel canceling the X-line. LOL
    You're right. Why would Marvel have an X-Men panel at a Con that isn't really about comics? So why do they have an Avengers panel and a Spideyverse panel?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Wow... this is worse than Woody Allen making a film and not even getting a nom... in any category!
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    I really used to enjoy reading Bendis tumblr but then he started going gif crazy and it's rare when he actually answers anybodies question straight.
    This gif amuses me by it's sheer randomness. God bless the internet.

I do agree with everyone here by saying SDCC is more of a film and television convention these days.
    However, those rumors won't go away unless Marvel starts promoting X-Books and giving them the respect that they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts View Post
    I do agree with everyone here by saying SDCC is more of a film and television convention these days.
    However, those rumors won't go away unless Marvel starts promoting X-Books and giving them the respect that they deserve.
    And Marvel cares about this not one iota. It's not like the rumors are going to do anything but make people pay closer attention to the solits and I'm sure they consider that a plus. Mike Marts should send the Bleeding Cool staffers a fruit basket, because this is probably the most anyone's cared about the X-Men in months.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    And Marvel cares about this not one iota. It's not like the rumors are going to do anything but make people pay closer attention to the solits and I'm sure they consider that a plus. Mike Marts should send the Bleeding Cool staffers a fruit basket, because this is probably the most anyone's cared about the X-Men in months.
    True speech. Testify!

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
    Neko how dare you try and be calm and down play this, instead of going on and on about wild conspiracy theories of this being more proof of marvel canceling the X-line. LOL
    As Fringe Division just pointed out, there's plenty of comic panels being presented by Marvel at SDCC. SDCC remains the biggest press junket around to announce plans, whether comic, tv, film or a synergistic combination of all three (marketing nirvana). And the x-panel was always one of the more popular panels.

There's breathless complicity in wild, unsubstantiated paranoia and then there's also head-in-the-sand obliviousness.

Mike Marts should actually start improving the franchise. I hope it's not telling that Batman just refreshed and revitalized its franchise with some interesting new titles and new creative shifting the minute Doyle took over from Marts.

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

It's not like they have second highest grossing film of the year or anything

All-New Member

Why would Marvel attract possibly DC's best editor in Mike Marts back and hand him the X-books if they had no interest in them?

All-New Member

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but the plans to kill off Wolverine were in place (and reported by bleeding cool) a long time before there was word of any fall out between marvel and fox. imo, people are trying to make connections where there aren't any.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    It's not like they have second highest grossing film of the year or anything
    Terribly sorry. I didn't think anyone would need me to specify "X-Men comics" given the context of the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Shepherd View Post
    Why would Marvel attract possibly DC's best editor in Mike Marts back and hand him the X-books if they had no interest in them?
    Marts probably didn't want to move to LA. I don't think it was a straight jump-ship, he was probably looking to bail. And with Wacker going animation, big opening. That went to Nick Lowe, using the xbooks as a stepping stone to Marvel's premier franchise.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    Conspiracy theories abound but no X Men panel does seem a bit sinister!

Killing off Wolverine permanently will be a bad move - the Ultimate line went downhill when they did the same.
    As much as I hate character death and the idea of killing Logan the X-Men were high sellers twice when Logan was absent. When he went off to help Kitty in Japan during CCs first run then in the 90s he had his metal ripped out he was gone for over a year and it was Marvels highest selling book period. So please we need to get out of this mode that Logan is the only character of worth. Also All New is the highest X-Book currently without Wolverine or 616 Cyclops. Marvel should really flesh out other X-characters like they used to. I still think Logan dying wont help in that he is a staple of the X-Family and has a devoted fanbase but saying his death will ruin the X-Men is just not true. I also got the impression Ultimate died out because they killed many staple characters and not just Wolverine. I remember when it happened and people weren't just complaining about Wolverine. Not only does this mode of thinking hurt other characters it hurts Logan too as he gets stretched too thin as a character.

I still think the death of Logan stinks though and is a waste, if they wanted to give him a rest they could have just taken him out of the main books and have him stay in his own series like in the 90s. But I guess that wouldn't make them as much money.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 07-14-2014 at 01:55 PM.