Default Batman vs Daredevil With A Twist

The Dark Knight faces off against the Man Without Fear not in a fight but in a game of Hide & Seek. Daredevil is "It" and must count to 100 at Home Base while Batman goes to hide. After he finishes counting Matt must try to find and tag Bruce before he can touch Base. The game takes place in New Orleans so neither hero has the home field advantage.

So will Daredevil's uncanny senses and athletic abilities enable him to find and tag Batman or will Bruce's skills enable him to elude Matt and reach the safety of Base? I, The Watcher, put this question to you all...

What If Daredevil Had To Catch Batman In Hide & Seek?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I can't see how even Bruce is going to stealth from a dude who can hear and recognize individual heartbeats at distance and track by smell.

Is there a restriction against base-sticking by Daredevil? If not, Daredevil can easily win by hanging out close to base. When Batman gets close enough to Base, Daredevil will detect Batman and intercept him with superior speed.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I can't see how even Bruce is going to stealth from a dude who can hear and recognize individual heartbeats at distance and track by smell.
    Well remember that even if Matt manages to find Bruce he still has to touch him before Bruce makes it to Base. So if Batman's stealth is defeated it becomes a running and maneuvering contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Is there a restriction against base-sticking by Daredevil? If not, Daredevil can easily win by hanging out close to base. When Batman gets close enough to Base, Daredevil will detect Batman and intercept him with superior speed.

Let's do both.

A. No Base Sticking

B. Base Sticking Allowed

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Okay, so Matt has 'seen' Bruce. That means he knows Bruce's heartbeat, knows his scent.

Matt does stuff like 'meditating, senses the Punisher's heartbeat five blocks away in a crowded city'. If he's allowed to base-stick, Bruce isn't winning this one.

If he's not allowed to base-stick,...I had a long, drawn-out explanation as to why this favours Bruce but forgot to bring Matt's ability to track by smell (easily) into account. He'll know which way to go to follow Bruce, whose only chance is then to lead Matt in some kind of long, convoluted path that allows him to get the jump on beating Matt in a straight-up run back to base.

Since Matt isn't just tracking, but is capable of sensing Bruce's exact location if he gets close enough, I'm iffy on that working. Speedwise...Matt is physically faster, Bruce has some gadgets that increase his efficiency (grapnel gun), so I call that about even.

My feeling is that Matt takes pretty much all of the first scenario and a sizeable majority of the second, with Bruce managing to fake him out once in a while.

Mileage may vary.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 09-20-2017 at 08:47 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

For the no base sticking round..... Matt can do stuff like isolate a specific cough in the whole city.... but Bruce has snuck past Kryptonians and Martians. He's the benchmark for the "comic book ninja disappears from sight" trick and even has a semi feasible explanation for it the one time with some gadget. Also he can put himself in self induced comas, hypnotise people and bring up a spare back up personality if the first one fails. His sidekick does things like hold his breath for 7 minutes and all that so... sneaking one past DD is far from the most ridiculous thing he's ever done especially when other ninja types have gotten the drop on DD over the years (Elektra, Logan, random Hand ninjas among others)

Bruce should take the no base sticking round while Matt takes the other one

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Batman has snuck up on Superman...

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Batman has snuck up on Superman...
    Supposedly with the help of tech specifically designed to operate against Superman's senses.

Clark has also picked him up with ridiculous ease at other times.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

the game only ends if daredevil tags him and batman has some tricks to fog his radar senses like hyper sonics, gases, filling the whole area with metal particulate matter to obscure himself from him. Alternatively he could just bring five batmen to throw off his senses having the same body tone and devices hiding the heartbeat to further confuse him. daredevil goes home in a pique and tells Hawkeye that batman cheats in hide and seek and Hawkeye goes hmm......

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Supposedly with the help of tech specifically designed to operate against Superman's senses.
    I remember that. That was probably Morrison's very first BatGod feat. Oh, the memories...!