Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Considering that a negative zone story happens after Mojo cover I don't see the alien guys point of existence. Unless it's a long form subplot that will have a payoff. But a focus issue....meh
    I'm pretty sure that his story is tied to the Negative Zone. It sounds like the alien invasion is to retrieve him and then he goes into the Negative Zone for whatever reason.

Personally I enjoyed a break from Kitty is a Goddess and that rather than do some quick flashback, Kologoth got a explained backstory.

BANNED

It's odd that Guggenhiem gave him such a "Secret Empire" origin and then the thing with Mojo and ratings just seems so...Meta

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I'm pretty sure that his story is tied to the Negative Zone. It sounds like the alien invasion is to retrieve him and then he goes into the Negative Zone for whatever reason.

Personally I enjoyed a break from Kitty is a Goddess and that rather than do some quick flashback, Kologoth got a explained backstory.
    Kitty will obviously play a big role in taking out the Nazis

Mojo is so outdated.

Meh issue. OK art. It felt like a recap of most of the series up to now.

Our mutant alien Nazi's story was going fine until he got sent to Earth. Then things just took more effort to justify: him luckily ending up in what seemed to be a regular jail, X-Cutioner II just letting him go, the X-Men's comm system being able to transmit to other dimensions, mutant alien Nazi being able to understand Earth language and operate advanced technology... And of course the Nazi references were completely left field and needlessly overdone.

Mojo was the best part of the book. His meta commentary was, perhaps, the best thing I've read in this book. I literally laughed. Mojo is perfect if his actions comment on changing ways of viewing entertainment (mobile devices, DVR, binge watching) and the rise of reality TV and social media stars/influencers.
    Last edited by nx01a; 09-21-2017 at 12:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

I liked it better than the last few issues. The Mojo commentary was hilarious...

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I also liked it better than the last few issues. It was better for not featuring the main cast, or at least parts of it (Kittylossus) specifically.

I didn't think that the X-Men's comm device being able to speak to other dimensions was unbelievable because that's the point that we're at in the MU. It's a wonder comm devices don't speak to other universes.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    We really needed an entire issue just to explain that this alien is a nazi.
    And, another issue explaining why Kologoth (being a mutant and all) is going to be the latest welcomed addition to the Gold Team. What a weak and utterly forgettable issue this was...
    Last edited by ZNOP; 09-22-2017 at 06:15 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    And, another issue explaining why Kologoth (being a mutant and all) is going to be the latest welcomed addition to the Gold Team. What a weak and utterly forgettable issue this was...
    his origin reminded me of Ord from Astonishing Xmen..and the whole "survive to live" thing was like the "hill" with Marrow's origin.

How does he remember what happened when he was JUST born?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    his origin reminded me of Ord from Astonishing Xmen..and the whole "survive to live" thing was like the "hill" with Marrow's origin.

How does he remember what happened when he was JUST born?

Perhaps, the blade was technological in nature like the "Holoempathic Crystal" and it recorded his memories until he grew up and needed them?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 09-22-2017 at 08:22 AM.

Or the Stan Lee explanation: because he's a mutant and was born that way.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Or the Stan Lee explanation: because he's a mutant and was born that way.
    Isn't that Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta schtick?

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Isn't that Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta schtick?
    I resisted posting a related gif, yes.

he waited to run out of the school with a smile on his face....
    happy end

what was the use of this issue? I felt like we will never see him again..

Mojo was funny! the the art was cool