Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fantastic Member ZoomZolomonZoom's Avatar

It looks good, but honestly I'm not sure why they're doing some vast conspiracy against Frank as the plot line when they could've easily just done the Dexter formula. Violent vigilante goes around killing the criminals and scumbags who think they've beaten the law. Meh, after Iron Fist, Luke Cage and The Defenders I'm really don't have as much faith in Netflix as I used to. Still, I'll probably watch the whole thing in three days when it's released. Sigh
    My name is Hunter Zolomon. Despite what the public believes, I am the fastest man alive

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I thnk in the new trailer his wife getting killed was just a nightmare but it wasnt a random act in DD S2 was it? First sounded like a botched sting and then they set it up as if his family wasnt there by accident.
    My memory is foggy on that. They were killed by different gangs with someone behind the scenes (spoiler territory) pulling the strings. Personally liked that change as it hints towards what Ennis did but never thought they'd actually go down the full road
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 09-27-2017 at 08:49 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    The Killing from the trailer looks like a dream. Why would they stray from DD S2. Also DD S2 was dark enough for me, hope they aren't trying to out-dark it. Micro seems pretty cool based on the trailer.
    I'm not talking about his wife being killed in his bedroom. That's definitely a dream sequence.

I'm talking about how you hear Bernthal's voiceover say in the trailer that "they killed my family to get to me" and that he was part of a "covert CIA operation".

Just seems like an unnecessary change.

To me it's far more badass (and relatable) to have Frank as kind of a regular guy returning home from the war, his family gets caught in the crossfires of a mob hit while they're out for a picnic, then something snaps inside of him because of it and he just decides to devote his entire existence to wiping out shitbag criminals.
    Last edited by Cimmerian; 09-27-2017 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    My memory is foggy on that. They were killed by different gangs with someone behind the scenes (spoiler territory) pulling the strings. Personally liked that change as it hints towards what Ennis did but never thought they'd actually go down the full road
    Yea i think its botched Sting corved up by the Distict Attorney. And then the guy behind everything reveals to frank it was no accident what happened to his family. Then Frank gets the CD that says Microchip and thats akk i remember about how his arc ended on DD s2

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09...-the-punisher/

Not having read a lot of Punisher from before 2000, the only Jigsaw appearances I liked are Gregg Hurwitz' Girls in white Dresses, Batman vs Punisher and campy movie Jigsaw. Frank really doesn't need an archvillain, a trait that makes him unique among Marvel's heroes. Barracuda would be welcome, though.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 10-01-2017 at 02:49 AM.

Punisher series delayed due to Las Vegas shootings