Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows#11

They crammed a lot into this one...and it might just be the darkest issue yet

spoilers:
    After Annie is abducted following the Rhino clash, a pretty unhinged Peter takes a trip to Vinny's bar to seek answers as to her whereabouts...and he pulls no punches. He bloodies up the place and savages Rhino until he tells him she's at Oscorp.

Ms. January meantime, betrays Liz Allen and Liz becomes pretty repentant, wanting only Normie's best interests. January tells her she is the Osborn curse defined.

Normie and the captive Annie have a heart to heart, a bit reminiscent of Mayday and Normie's chat in Spider-Girl years back. Annie beleives there's hope for Normie, but Normie is bent on revenge and tells her a youngster with no parents is just a person, not an adult, not a child, just a person.

MJ, keeping her emotions and the symbiote in check, arrives later that evening to see Liz and demands she remove the symbiote and release her daughter, Liz apologizes and agrees, but finds nobody at the board is taking her calls. That's because they've all been massacared.

Peter arrives at the building just as the Mecha Goblin rises
    end of spoilers

Interview with Ryan Stegman (also contains a big spoiler for Issue Twelve)
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 09-20-2017 at 10:09 AM.

This was great.

Please don't get rid of the Symbiote MJ .

spoilers:
    Did Normie sign off on massacring the board of directors? Or was that January taking her own initiative? Because that's pretty serious stuff for a kid - even a "person" - to sign off on and I could see January taking the fall for it to keep Normie's hands clean.
    end of spoilers

Another great issue, with very good writing and art. I'm really liking how consistently good this series has been.

+1 for wishing MJ kept the symbiote costume.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Please don't get rid of the Symbiote MJ .
    But she'll at least keep her luxurious hair.

Hot damn this was some good stuff. Always love seeing unhinged Peter go nuts, and all the conversations and interactions continue to be great. Once again, I wish the story could've been a part longer, so it could've been fleshed out a bit more, which would make it perfect. But as it is, very enjoyable and love seeing how dark they could go.

BANNED

I KNEW IT!!! I KNEW IT!!!!

spoilers:
    There was a sense of DEJA VU in this issue via callback to the MC-2 Universe and Spider-girl (Mayday Parker) confrontation with Normie
    end of spoilers

One of the best factors from having a married Peter Parker is that the stakes can be raised from having a family which this issue took full advantage of. It was great seeing MJ and especially Peter pushed over the edge here and gave the story great gravitas. Annie and Normie's interaction was also very good too and gave Normie great depth to his character as well.
    My only concern for the next issue is that while this issue was rather dark, Normie's goblin robot seems a bit...silly (at the last page anyway). After great set-up I hope that this story doesn't turn generic.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlinger1997 View Post
    One of the best factors from having a married Peter Parker is that the stakes can be raised from having a family which this issue took full advantage of. It was great seeing MJ and especially Peter pushed over the edge here and gave the story great gravitas. Annie and Normie's interaction was also very good too and gave Normie great depth to his character as well.
    My only concern for the next issue is that while this issue was rather dark, Normie's goblin robot seems a bit...silly (at the last page anyway). After great set-up I hope that this story doesn't turn generic.
    Generally agree with you, though as Normie's still a 10-year-old boy, even if he's desperately trying to act more grown-up than he actually is, I suppose the Mecha Goblin is a reflection of that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Generally agree with you, though as Normie's still a 10-year-old boy, even if he's desperately trying to act more grown-up than he actually is, I suppose the Mecha Goblin is a reflection of that.
    Not to mention a Mecha Goblin is really the only way a 10-year old boy could be the Green Goblin.

Not to mention a Mecha Goblin is really the only way a 10-year old boy could be the Green Goblin.
    Unless you wanted to pull The Thing That Shall Not Be Named and have him artificially aged up to a point he could fit into the classic (or updated/upgraded) Green Goblin costume.

I hope Stegman writes more comics in the future. He's not bad at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Agreed .

I wish he was sticking around but I'm willing to give Jody Houser a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Agreed .

Same here to both of you, and Stegman himself has said he wants to write more comics in the future and that he actually wanted to be a writer before he became primarily an artist.

I am unfamiliar with the work of Jody Houser but I'll give her a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same here to both of you, and Stegman himself has said he wants to write more comics in the future and that he actually wanted to be a writer before he became primarily an artist.
    Don't get me wrong, I think he's a really good comic artist. My preference would be to see him on a book where he was the writer and the artist. We've had a few of those guys in the history of comics.
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 09-22-2017 at 02:46 PM.