Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default is Teen Scott the Cyclops we're gonna be stuck with?

i know none of us can tell the future obviously, but I'm just afraid the adult Scott Summers(my favorite Marvel superhero), may never be seen again. That would be a real shame, he's gotten so much great development over the years.

Personally I can't wait for the O5 to go back to their timeline and leave us alone.
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I'm fine with teen Scott. I love the O5.

But the chances are that he's leaving soon, and whether or not he'll still be in published stories is another question.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

If he wasn't so resentful towards his older self, I wouldn't be turned off as much as I am. I really don't like the time displaced O5, but I'd be okay with him if he grew up a little bit.

But really, they need to go.

I hope he leaves. I'm tired of him bashing/complaining on Cyclops. He'll never be Cyclops.

#NotMyCyclops

The real question is whether or not his spine is going to survive the eight inch growth spurt he's due for.

GUYS! Teen storm, remember her? She was hit with a deaging ray?

Or when Magneto was turned into a baby by...mutant x? mutate x? That cave man he created! If Teen Scott was suppose to be permanent they would have deaged normal 616 Cyclops.
    Last edited by Likewater; 09-20-2017 at 02:07 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post

If Teen Scott was suppose to be permanent they would have deaged normal 616 Cyclops.
    Well he did stop aging...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Materiel View Post
    The real question is whether or not his spine is going to survive the eight inch growth spurt he's due for.
    he'll grow 8" in another way

Too many writers focus on the last bit of Scott that wasn't so good. I want someone to show O5 Scott all the good his older self accomplished. I was hoping that would be Emma but Bunn screwed that up

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I'm fine with teen Scott. I love the O5.

But the chances are that he's leaving soon, and whether or not he'll still be in published stories is another question.
    sometimes i feel i am the only one who loves the O5 but at least i saw this

Comics are circular. Everything happens again and characters come back all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Comics are circular. Everything happens again and characters come back all the time.
    True but they don't always come back the same. Tyke is case in point.

I never thought I'd like a Bendis property after his stint on the xbooks but I'll take his Tyke over what we have now...unless Rucka comes back and puts Tyke on the cosmic end.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    True but they don't always come back the same. Tyke is case in point.
    But is Tyke really a replacement for adult Cyke? He and the rest of the O5 were really just Jeen's "+1". They were her dates to the wedding SHE was invited to. Bendis didn't have access to adult Jean so he backdoored her in. In other words, originally, Tyke probably wasn't meant to replace Cyke the way Jeen was used as a cypher for Jean. Cyclops didn't even die until years after Tyke debuted. So when Tenebrae says things are circular, he/she probably means that the adult Cyke will eventually return.

I mean, Scott didn't even die that long ago...

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    i know none of us can tell the future obviously, but I'm just afraid the adult Scott Summers(my favorite Marvel superhero), may never be seen again. That would be a real shame, he's gotten so much great development over the years.

Personally I can't wait for the O5 to go back to their timeline and leave us alone.
    It may be awhile but the real Cyclops will be back. Just look at Jean. It was along time but she's returning finally
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post

I don't like the O5 being in the present, their presence is both absurd and unnatural, that's literally how it's been depicted in-universe.
    But Summers was lost to me in the end, a far cry from who he used to be, so I'm totally fine with Young Scott taking over eventually on a permanent basis.
    I'm happy for you if you enjoyed the path the writers took Summers on in recent years, personally I wasn't and it's a relief to see him gone for the time being. To each its own I guess.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."