Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default is Teen Scott the Cyclops we're gonna be stuck with?

i know none of us can tell the future obviously, but I'm just afraid the adult Scott Summers(my favorite Marvel superhero), may never be seen again. That would be a real shame, he's gotten so much great development over the years.

Personally I can't wait for the O5 to go back to their timeline and leave us alone.
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I'm fine with teen Scott. I love the O5.

But the chances are that he's leaving soon, and whether or not he'll still be in published stories is another question.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

If he wasn't so resentful towards his older self, I wouldn't be turned off as much as I am. I really don't like the time displaced O5, but I'd be okay with him if he grew up a little bit.

But really, they need to go.

I hope he leaves. I'm tired of him bashing/complaining on Cyclops. He'll never be Cyclops.

#NotMyCyclops

The real question is whether or not his spine is going to survive the eight inch growth spurt he's due for.

GUYS! Teen storm, remember her? She was hit with a deaging ray?

Or when Magneto was turned into a baby by...mutant x? mutate x? That cave man he created! If Teen Scott was suppose to be permanent they would have deaged normal 616 Cyclops.
    Last edited by Likewater; 09-20-2017 at 02:07 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post

If Teen Scott was suppose to be permanent they would have deaged normal 616 Cyclops.
    Well he did stop aging...

Champions will have a chance to remove him after the Worlds Collide arc. If they do, it frees up Blue to end with the O5 getting home, which may well be what the Xavier saying "to me my X-Men" teaser was about in issue 1.

BANNED

I want the old O5 back. Beast (not the f***** hypocrite), Jean, Bobby, Archangel and Cyclops.
    And send these boring x-babies back home.

Funny thing is reading Bendis work Tyke was actually ok for most of it. Conflicted and confused sure but still reminiscent of Adult Cyke. He was headstrong, aggressive and dealt with problems head on. Once IvX hit though all air went out of the character. Since Tyke's been under Bunn's watch it hasn't improved much. Marvel seems to like the idea of a smaller, more passive version and they've certainly managed to craft Tyke that way. I could see them keeping him around. I think the reality is as Jeen goes, so goes Tyke and the rest of the o5. If she's gone so are they.

The reality is that Cyke would be too disruptive to Marvel's current narrative to bring back, or at least I'm sure that's how their thinking about it. To really understand the answer you have to understand why Cyke died in the first place. Both fans and haters of the character acknowledge one thing about Cyke. He's been central to nearly every major storyline since he rejoined Uncanny, and quite a few before that. I believe the thinking at Marvel or the x-office at least it that if they want to change the direction and feel of the line Cyke needed to go. Marvel did not pull a single punch on this guy. He led them through perhaps the worst possible era for mutants. Now that they've decided it's happy times for mutants, well, you don't need a general if you're not at war.

Let's not overlook how much his being dead simplifies Jean's resurrection either. Cyke was killed in Oct of 2016. That's about 11 months prior to Jean's resurrection being announced. That's a little too close to be coincidence.

So I think it was a matter of killing two birds with one stone. Change the leadership status quo and pave the way for Jean's slightly less complex return. Whether Tyke stays or not really doesn't matter when you view it this way because it will be a long time, or maybe never, before they'd be willing to let him develop into the man he was. Now never is a very long time and Marvel's direction may change sooner than I expect but where things sit now, Tyke is the best version of Cyclops we're likely to get. With the ongoing propaganda war against Cyke it seems that Marvel just wants us Cyke fans to go away. It's too bad that Marvel felt the nuclear option was the best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I'm fine with teen Scott. I love the O5.

But the chances are that he's leaving soon, and whether or not he'll still be in published stories is another question.
    sometimes i feel i am the only one who loves the O5 but at least i saw this

Comics are circular. Everything happens again and characters come back all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Comics are circular. Everything happens again and characters come back all the time.
    True but they don't always come back the same. Tyke is case in point.

I never thought I'd like a Bendis property after his stint on the xbooks but I'll take his Tyke over what we have now...unless Rucka comes back and puts Tyke on the cosmic end.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I never thought I'd like a Bendis property after his stint on the xbooks but I'll take his Tyke over what we have now...unless Rucka comes back and puts Tyke on the cosmic end.
    Right? Looking back on it, volume 1 of All-New X-Men and his Uncanny X-Men weren't all that bad for Cyclops. Rucka's first arc was great and then when he left, we got more and more whining about Tyke's older self.