Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    i know none of us can tell the future obviously, but I'm just afraid the adult Scott Summers(my favorite Marvel superhero), may never be seen again. That would be a real shame, he's gotten so much great development over the years.

Personally I can't wait for the O5 to go back to their timeline and leave us alone.
    It may be awhile but the real Cyclops will be back. Just look at Jean. It was along time but she's returning finally
    X-Men Forever

It's not an unreasonable question to ask. With both Jean Grey and Charles Xavier (apparently) coming back into the fold, that leaves Cyclops in a precarious position. His O5 self still has his own ongoing story and I don't see that story ending with Jean's return. So I have a feeling that O5 Cyclops will remain with the rest of the O5, even after Jean returns. For a while, O5 Cyclops will be the only Cyclops in town. However, I don't think that's going to stay. I think at some point, we'll get adult Cyclops back in some capacity. But I think that's going to be a separate event, possibly one that plays out later in 2018 or early 2019.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Cite your source or this is just conjecture.
    50+ years of comics focusing on stories surrounding Cyclops, Storm, Xavier and Wolverine and Wolverines sidekick. That's how many people she played second fiddle too. The highest point in her career turned out not to be her. That her job was to train to become the perfect mother to Scotts children.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 09-21-2017 at 03:47 AM.

This depends on several factors such as the fate of Teen Jean and the O5 mainly now with the return of the adult Jean.

We also do not know what will happen to Xavier at the end of Astonishing.

But I do not see the adult Cyclops coming back anytime soon even though the O5 five is gone. And even if Cyclops adult comes back does not want him as the leader of the X-mens.

Unfortunately can not like Tyke although his performance in Champions is tolerable except when he starts to cry.

The truth is that Tyke is not the Cyclops I respect or grew up reading is someone who does not understand or went through his losses and victories or had the weight of a whole species on his back or saw his mentor lying and manipulating him. Unfortunately we will get stuck with Tyke for a while.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Materiel View Post
    The real question is whether or not his spine is going to survive the eight inch growth spurt he's due for.
    he'll grow 8" in another way

Too many writers focus on the last bit of Scott that wasn't so good. I want someone to show O5 Scott all the good his older self accomplished. I was hoping that would be Emma but Bunn screwed that up

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

For the time being, yeah, we're stuck with Teen Cyclops, and that's really too bad because the character's basically sucked since Secret Wars ended, as that's when "I hate my future self and wanna bitch about him" became his primary personality trait.

The idea and execution for the O5 started out well enough, but it ran its course by the time Battle of the Atom came along. Since then, they've been searching for a reason to keep them around, and, as others have said, they essentially became replacements for their adult selves, especially Cyclops.

It's essentially the Ben Reilly/Spider-Man situation all over again. Marvel wants a "clean" version of the character that doesn't have all the baggage, but instead of a clone we have a time traveling duplicate. The only problem here is that Marvel doesn't realize/care that the effort is largely floundering and, as a result, won't give us the original Cyclops back.

As for when we'll get Cyke back, I hope it's sooner rather than later, but I wouldn't be shocked if it was at least a few years 'till we get our boy back.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Teen Cyclops is the worst of the O5. It isn't even close. Teen Beast, Angel and Iceman are forgettable and mostly irrelevant, especially Teen Angel, and Teen Jean is annoying but she didn't replace anyone, but Cyclops is just such a steep fall from what we had from the real Cyclops that it is painful. It doesn't help that every other sentence out of his mouth is him complaining about his older self too. With Marvel's sales not great we can only hope that the O5 are not long for this universe and they can send them away, but I sadly think that we will be stuck with them for a few more years.

I think real Cyclops will be the last to return unfortunately, but eventually he will. I'm hoping that with real Jean back, the time displaced O5 are going back soon. It seems like that may be happening at the end of this cross time caper over in X-men Blue so fingers crosssed there. I also think that 616 Logan may be coming back soon as well. Call it a hunch, but they keep talking about "lots of major character returns" as part of Legacy so I don't think we're done with the resurrections yet. I think we're just getting started and by early 2018 we're probably looking at Banner, Stark and Logan back as well as Rogers, Thor, Jean and Prof X.

And I say that as someone who wouldn't mind Marvel saying that younger man Logan is never coming back because I love old man Logan. But my gut tells me he's coming back at some point, and likely soon.

Once teen Cyke has gone back and we've had a period of time with a total Scott Summers sized hole in the Marvel U, then I think they may bring him back too. But if I had to guess it'll be a little longer for him. Again, just a gut feeling here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Once teen Cyke has gone back and we've had a period of time with a total Scott Summers sized hole in the Marvel U, then I think they may bring him back too. But if I had to guess it'll be a little longer for him. Again, just a gut feeling here.
    That hole is already present. Tyke isn't calling any shots. The X-Men as a whole are spinning their wheels in the mud and will be until Scott comes back to sort everything out again. I'm just worried it won't be for a little while. Hopefully Jean coming back can help set things straight.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    50+ years of comics focusing on stories surrounding Cyclops, Storm, Xavier and Wolverine and Wolverines sidekick. That's how many people she played second fiddle too. The highest point in her career turned out not to be her. That her job was to train to become the perfect mother to Scotts children.
    That's your interpretation of 50+ years of comics. I interpret Jean's role differently. That fact is it's open to interreptation. Not every character can be large and in charge even though Jean did have those moments over the years. I don't get the perfect mother comment at all. If that was the case wouldn't they have actually had children together? Instead of barefoot and prego she spent her years on the battlefield. I really don't understand why you think Claremont or Simonson or any writer that came after had a strictly domestic agenda for Jean.

You must really hate Jean to think that's all she ever was. If I thought of her that way I'd be dreading her return and really never have had any positive feelings about her as a hero at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    That's your interpretation of 50+ years of comics. I interpret Jean's role differently. That fact is it's open to interreptation. Not every character can be large and in charge even though Jean did have those moments over the years. I don't get the perfect mother comment at all. If that was the case wouldn't they have actually had children together? Instead of barefoot and prego she spent her years on the battlefield. I really don't understand why you think Claremont or Simonson or any writer that came after had a strictly domestic agenda for Jean.

You must really hate Jean to think that's all she ever was. If I thought of her that way I'd be dreading her return and really never have had any positive feelings about her as a hero at all.
    Because they actually did have alt reality children. But the idea of giving Cyclops a child who was not aged would pose problems as they already experienced with Franklin Richards. X-factor was the biggest culprit instead of making Jean her own person they had her cry over the relationship for 20 issues then move on to bitch about Maddie for the remainder. It was never development of her on her own it was co-dependence which Emma eventually became too but she had a good few years with Scott being codependent on her before that flipped in Messiah Complex. But even then she at least had that once in a blue moon independence

And it's not just me there are plenty of websites that point out the den mother trope. There's also nothing wrong with having a domestic agenda for the character but people are just inserting stuff onto the character that was never there. I may not like Jean but I will admit that her character was neglected I'm favor of others and as a result underdeveloped. I also don't understand why people keep citing X-factor it goes out of it's way to make Jean look bad. She and Warren vote to follow Cameron Hodge the other three don't, the anger at Maddie, the first 20 issues about learning about Scott's relationship, Candy Southerns last words

Which moments are you referencing?
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 09-21-2017 at 03:51 PM.

I hate the O5 and hope they all die or leave. They're annoying. If they continue to stay around and they don't bring back adult Cyclops, I'm probably abandoning the X-line

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    I hate the O5 and hope they all die or leave. They're annoying. If they continue to stay around and they don't bring back adult Cyclops, I'm probably abandoning the X-line
    If it wasn't for Iceman having his own title right now, I'd be there already.

The only reason I read any x men book is because tyke or Cyke with out them I just don't see my self ready any books. Like tyke and if he is here to stay hope they make him stop being so well lame

BANNED

In all honesty, Marvel is probably hesitant about reintroducing Cyclops to the books, and rightfully so, because in this kind of cultural climate centering the X-Men line around a militant white male alpha bro character is probably not the way to go. Sure, this maybe speaks more to how his most devoted fans tend to see his character rather than what we have actually seen on page, but the whole Cyclops was Right crowd bears has way too much of that deplorable vibe, and Marvel probably doesn't want to appeal to those sensibilities.