Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I love both cyke and tyke but i feel marvel hates both, specially adult cyclops.
    I'm loving tyke on champions,i don't like how insecure and useless he is on blue but i feel he still has hope.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    True but they don't always come back the same. Tyke is case in point.
    But is Tyke really a replacement for adult Cyke? He and the rest of the O5 were really just Jeen's "+1". They were her dates to the wedding SHE was invited to. Bendis didn't have access to adult Jean so he backdoored her in. In other words, originally, Tyke probably wasn't meant to replace Cyke the way Jeen was used as a cypher for Jean. Cyclops didn't even die until years after Tyke debuted. So when Tenebrae says things are circular, he/she probably means that the adult Cyke will eventually return.

I mean, Scott didn't even die that long ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Aighthomie View Post
    But is Tyke really a replacement for adult Cyke? He and the rest of the O5 were really just Jeen's "+1". They were her dates to the wedding SHE was invited to. Bendis didn't have access to adult Jean so he backdoored her in. In other words, originally, Tyke probably wasn't meant to replace Cyke the way Jeen was used as a cypher for Jean. Cyclops didn't even die until years after Tyke debuted. So when Tenebrae says things are circular, he/she probably means that the adult Cyke will eventually return.

I mean, Scott didn't even die that long ago...
    That's a fair statement but it's a pretty major shift for a character to go from being front and center of the x-line to someone's +1. Some may say that turn about is fair play, that Jean was Cyke's +1 for many years but I patently reject that. If she was a bump on a log we wouldn't be seeing the kind of reaction we have to her adult version coming back. So though I think your analysis is correct, and I would be fine with it if Cyke was still around, he's not.

The other option was to go the route Marvel went with OML. Yes, he's not the same Logan, but he's functionally identical in powers, attitude and position within the x-line. They just made him older. That could have worked with Cyke too but I suppose it didn't go far enough. Now with Scott dead and OML a little too old for Jean, romantic entanglements have been neatly avoided for our soon to be back redhead.

As for what would prompt Marvel to bring Cyclops back, your guess is a good as mine. Regardless how it happens I doubt it will be anytime soon.

That's a fair statement but it's a pretty major shift for a character to go from being front and center of the x-line to someone's +1. Some may say that turn about is fair play, that Jean was Cyke's +1 for many years but I patently reject that. If she was a bump on a log we wouldn't be seeing the kind of reaction we have to her adult version coming back. So though I think your analysis is correct, and I would be fine with it if Cyke was still around, he's not.

The other option was to go the route Marvel went with OML. Yes, he's not the same Logan, but he's functionally identical in powers, attitude and position within the x-line. They just made him older. That could have worked with Cyke too but I suppose it didn't go far enough. Now with Scott dead and OML a little too old for Jean, romantic entanglements have been neatly avoided for our soon to be back redhead.

As for what would prompt Marvel to bring Cyclops back, your guess is a good as mine. Regardless how it happens I doubt it will be anytime soon.
    Jean was Cyke +1 after Morrison run; that is not up for discussion.

Well Mags is also old and date a women basically on Jean's age. I don't think Jean will date anyone on x-men

BANNED

Some may say that turn about is fair play, that Jean was Cyke's +1 for many years but I patently reject that.
    Scott was Jean + 1 for many years, don't forget that.

Cyclops is my favorite male X-man, but for now I really think Marvel is going to stick with teen Cyclops. My favorite Jean Grey was gone for 13 years, and Scott has a lot of development without her. I see this as a chance for Jean Grey to grow into her own outside of adult Cyclops and Logan. I am sad that adult Cyclops isn't around, but for the time being, I just don't see him coming back anytime soon with the current status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean was Cyke +1 after Morrison run; that is not up for discussion.
    I think you don't understand the purpose of this board. Everything is up for discussion. And Jean was dead after Morrison so as usual you're smoking too much of your own product.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Cyclops is my favorite male X-man, but for now I really think Marvel is going to stick with teen Cyclops. My favorite Jean Grey was gone for 13 years, and Scott has a lot of development without her. I see this as a chance for Jean Grey to grow into her own outside of adult Cyclops and Logan. I am sad that adult Cyclops isn't around, but for the time being, I just don't see him coming back anytime soon with the current status quo.
    Why is it that one must be sacrificed for the other. Can only one character be in the ascendant at anytime? That's certainly the trap Marvel has fallen into.

Fantastic Member

Why is it that one must be sacrificed for the other. Can only one character be in the ascendant at anytime? That's certainly the trap Marvel has fallen into.
    Well, in this case, I don't think Logan or Cyclops was "sacrificed". I think Marvelboy (and a lot of others) simply agree that with Logan and Scott dead for the meantime, future writers won't (like you said) fall into the trap of having to do something about Jean/Scott/Logan. In other words, their absence is an opportunity for Jean, but not the reason they're absent.

I think you don't understand the purpose of this board. Everything is up for discussion. And Jean was dead after Morrison so as usual you're smoking too much of your own product.
    Jean was Cyclops plus one until Morrison got his hands on her. The reaction to her coming back is actually fairly tame you're just living in a bubble on the net so maybe you feel it mor but Storms wedding dress and Jane Thor had more hype. In any case I would imagine the 05 will disappear and they'll slowly bring back all the dead adults. It's like the hellfire bhrats it's very rare that there is a majority consensus that something is bad.

Spectacular Member

I don't wanna beat the dead horse, but time travelling O5 team is one of the dumbest things i have read in fiction.

BANNED

deleted post.
    Last edited by CuteClops; 09-20-2017 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aighthomie View Post
    Well, in this case, I don't think Logan or Cyclops was "sacrificed". I think Marvelboy (and a lot of others) simply agree that with Logan and Scott dead for the meantime, future writers won't (like you said) fall into the trap of having to do something about Jean/Scott/Logan. In other words, their absence is an opportunity for Jean, but not the reason they're absent.
    That's exactly the reason their absent. I get why marvel want's them dead, especially before Jean is back, but let's call it what it is. 1 to 1 replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Jean was Cyclops plus one until Morrison got his hands on her. The reaction to her coming back is actually fairly tame you're just living in a bubble on the net so maybe you feel it mor but Storms wedding dress and Jane Thor had more hype. In any case I would imagine the 05 will disappear and they'll slowly bring back all the dead adults. It's like the hellfire bhrats it's very rare that there is a majority consensus that something is bad.
    Cite your source or this is just conjecture.

BANNED

Cite your source or this is just conjecture.
    Oh, come on, for God's sake! Please...

If it were the opposite, Scott and Emma... during all those years of subtle flirtations, full of meaningful little looks and hot kisses? What would Jean Grey fans say? Just imagine...
    I really really love Emma, Jean, Scott and Logan, but I just think it's unfair to remember Scott/Emma if they always forget about Jean/Logan.
    Last edited by CuteClops; 09-20-2017 at 11:53 PM.