Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Amazing Member

i havent read a marvel comic ever since cyclops went missing

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    I hate the O5 and hope they all die or leave. They're annoying. If they continue to stay around and they don't bring back adult Cyclops, I'm probably abandoning the X-line
    I've pretty much already done that, Man. I'll keep up by reading summaries and/or scans or here and other forums. However, I haven't supported any of the X-books after IvX concluded.

I'm just tired of seeing Marvel continue to crap on adult Cyke constantly. At this point, it's beyond overkill.

I won't support the X-books financially until they bring back adult Cyclops for good.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    In all honesty, Marvel is probably hesitant about reintroducing Cyclops to the books, and rightfully so, because in this kind of cultural climate centering the X-Men line around a militant white male alpha bro character is probably not the way to go. Sure, this maybe speaks more to how his most devoted fans tend to see his character rather than what we have actually seen on page, but the whole Cyclops was Right crowd bears has way too much of that deplorable vibe, and Marvel probably doesn't want to appeal to those sensibilities.
    I don't want to believe that those kinds of social overtones will be a factor in Cyclops' future with the X-men, but I wouldn't be surprised. Marvel has been going to great lengths to discredit certain characters that are lacking in diverse traits. Just look at what they did to Captain America. Unfortunately, Cyclops checks one too many boxes and that may impact his role in the X-men comics moving forward.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    i know none of us can tell the future obviously, but I'm just afraid the adult Scott Summers(my favorite Marvel superhero), may never be seen again. That would be a real shame, he's gotten so much great development over the years.

Personally I can't wait for the O5 to go back to their timeline and leave us alone.
    I don't like the O5 being in the present, their presence is both absurd and unnatural, that's literally how it's been depicted in-universe.
    But Summers was lost to me in the end, a far cry from who he used to be, so I'm totally fine with Young Scott taking over eventually on a permanent basis.
    I'm happy for you if you enjoyed the path the writers took Summers on in recent years, personally I wasn't and it's a relief to see him gone for the time being. To each its own I guess.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I don't want to believe that those kinds of social overtones will be a factor in Cyclops' future with the X-men, but I wouldn't be surprised. Marvel has been going to great lengths to discredit certain characters that are lacking in diverse traits. Just look at what they did to Captain America. Unfortunately, Cyclops checks one too many boxes and that may impact his role in the X-men comics moving forward.
    Gave him the shield back? Gave him the shiniest get out of jail free card? Made him one and only Captain America again?

BANNED

Nothing happened to Captain America. Nothing. SE is over and he's still out there, with his shield and his arrogance.

Only Scott and Emma are punished, even though they were right.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Jean was Cyclops plus one until Morrison got his hands on her. The reaction to her coming back is actually fairly tame you're just living in a bubble on the net so maybe you feel it mor but Storms wedding dress and Jane Thor had more hype. In any case I would imagine the 05 will disappear and they'll slowly bring back all the dead adults. It's like the hellfire bhrats it's very rare that there is a majority consensus that something is bad.
    She was still his plus one even after Morrison, but then it was decided she was better off dead. When Quesada was asked about her return he just said Cyclops was very good with Emma.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    She was still his plus one even after Morrison, but then it was decided she was better off dead. When Quesada was asked about her return he just said Cyclops was very good with Emma.
    In the end though, this sort of attitude ended up ruining all the characters involved. Emma may have become a staple of the X-Men after Morrison but her character was really turned into a caricature and pretty much stopped being interesting, and the writers went so far out of their way to make Scott look macho and badass that they painted themselves into a corner they couldn't write their way out of, which is why the ending of AvX turned out so clunky. This is ultimately what happens when you try to write self-serving fanfiction rather than accessible stories that would be entertaining to readers not in the know about online fan debates.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Nothing happened to Captain America. Nothing. SE is over and he's still out there, with his shield and his arrogance.

Only Scott and Emma are punished, even though they were right.

There are thousands of men and women in locked up prison who swear they were right too, so...

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

There are thousands of men and women in locked up prison who swear they were right too, so...
    But we don't know their stories. We do know Scott and Steve's though.

There are some parallels between a hero replaced by an evil version of himself, and a hero possessed by a cosmic entity with impulse control issues. Despite these parallels how they were handled afterward is a lot different. It seemed like Cap got a pass. Scott definitely did not. That's what I have a problem with. And Marvel's still at it, taking any opportunity to trash Cyke they can find, nearly a year after they killed him off.

Mighty Member

I think you guys are overthinking this.

They'll leave Scott dead for at least a few more years so they can play with Jean being single. And, until they can come up with a credible, event-worthy way to rehabilitate him as a heroic character.

In the meantime, the current status quo of the X-Men continues to give me flashbacks to the Giffen-Bierbaum, "Five Years Later" era of Legion of Super-Heroes.

BANNED

None of them is:
    Captain Fascist America
    Carol Fascist Danvers
    Tony Fascist Stark
    Genocidal Scarlet Witch
    Beast, the Planetary Genocidal
    Black Bolt and Medusa, the genocidal couple.

Well, on the other hand, Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for 27 years by the South Africa apartheid government. Then, surely he was a dangerous terrorist, right? So...
    Last edited by CuteClops; 09-22-2017 at 06:33 PM.

BANNED

oh, the Cyclops haters... ***SIGH***... Well, there's no denying that it's fun to watch them trying to wreck Cyke and Emma's importance to the X-titles. Well, folks, that's impossible... and at the end of the day, Cyclops will still be right and Emma will still be the wonderful White Queen. And don't forget, my friends, Cyclops is the best MU leader, so just get over it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    None of them is:
    Captain Fascist America
    Carol Fascist Danvers
    Tony Fascist Stark
    Genocidal Scarlet Witch
    Beast, the Planetary Genocidal
    Black Bolt and Medusa, the genocidal couple.

Well, on the other hand, Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for 27 years by the South Africa apartheid government. Then, surely he was a dangerous terrorist, right? So...
    Last I checked the "White supremacist Afrikaner National Party", had Nelson Mandel arrested for conspiring to overthrow the state and sentenced him to life in prison... Ironically, he was proven right when he was released and elected president of South Africa.

BANNED

Last I checked the "White supremacist Afrikaner National Party", had Nelson Mandel arrested for conspiring to overthrow the state and sentenced him to life in prison... Ironically, he was proven right when he was released and elected president of South Africa.
    Thank you for confirming. Captain America and the Avengers are fascists... and Cyclops was right.