Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    He wasn't a Greek god there, but he had a cuteness to him. Albeit, one that was kind of ruined by the chip he had on his shoulder back then (at least in AF 15).
    This is the key here. In high school the girls thought he was 'cute' and had crushes on him... even if he didn't have the confidence to see it. After the spider-bite when he loses the glasses and gets a little muscle mass... Women would fall all over him, even if he didn't believe it that much...

So yeah in the beginning he had SOME physical attractiveness and as he got older he gained some more.

Fantastic Member

I think he is handsome. He's often called skinny in the comics, even as an adult, and everyone is surprised to see his muscle definition when they do, but it doesn't show through his clothes like a bodybuilder

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

He's been attractive since Romita, and the timing of him getting onto the title always worked out very well. He finished puberty, lost the glasses, and gained more confidence and muscle through his activities as Spider-Man. When you factor in that exclusively hot women throw themselves at him, it's easy to determine that he's slightly above average looking both in and out of universe. Starting with Tobey Mcguire, I always thought the actors they got to play him in live action were always TOO average looking.

Him and MJ definitely never seemed like a mismatched pair in the looks department.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    He's been attractive since Romita, and the timing of him getting onto the title always worked out very well. He finished puberty, lost the glasses, and gained more confidence and muscle through his activities as Spider-Man. When you factor in that exclusively hot women throw themselves at him, it's easy to determine that he's slightly above average looking both in and out of universe. Starting with Tobey Mcguire, I always thought the actors they got to play him in live action were always TOO average looking.

Him and MJ definitely never seemed like a mismatched pair in the looks department.
    What did you think of Nicholas Hammond?
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Well he is quite handsome. Haven't seen an ugly Peter Parker. He is quite a hit with the ladies too. Bettie Brant, Gwen Stacy, Mary Jane. He is attractive even fully masked. Ask Felicia Hardy.

And not to speak all of those after OMD. (I have no idea about them.)

A handsome guy is what i always thought of him. He may have been a nerdy teen in his high school days. But he grew up to be strappling youth.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 09-22-2017 at 01:39 AM.

Sometimes Peter is and sometimes he isn't; it mostly depends on the artists drawing the character really. Dikto's Peter wasn't too attractive but when John Romita Sr came along Peter soon became the complete opposite. However, I wish that Peter's image was more consistent and feel that he shouldn't be drawn too handsomely. What mostly made Spider-Man special in the first place wasn't fan boy Wish fulfilment, neither was it just Spider-Man himself, but the fact that Peter was an average looking joe trying pull girls with some effort having to be taken at least. We've had many great artists on Spider-Man but I feel that some drawing the character should keep the character's appearance consistent.

I find him very ordinary/non-descript-looking. he wouldn't stand out at a college town bar. he's a "hit with the ladies" because he's easy to approach/safe/unlikely to reject them.

I google searched "average looking guy." this is the image that came up.

kind of looks like Peter, to me. couldn't find the Romita sr. image that I wanted.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 09-22-2017 at 04:00 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlinger1997 View Post
    Sometimes Peter is and sometimes he isn't; it mostly depends on the artists drawing the character really. Dikto's Peter wasn't too attractive but when John Romita Sr came along Peter soon became the complete opposite. However, I wish that Peter's image was more consistent and feel that he shouldn't be drawn too handsomely. What mostly made Spider-Man special in the first place wasn't fan boy Wish fulfilment, neither was it just Spider-Man himself, but the fact that Peter was an average looking joe trying pull girls with some effort having to be taken at least. We've had many great artists on Spider-Man but I feel that some drawing the character should keep the character's appearance consistent.
    I think Peter was consistently handsome from Romita's arrival up through the 90s and maybe early 2000s. It seems to be a recent trend to paint him as more average looking, most of it I think is done to prove some kind of weird point that a guy like him is out of MJ's league so they shouldn't be married (or something). Even with Ditko, Peter didn't seem especially unattractive compared to everyone else (Ditko didn't draw pretty people in general, at least compared to Romita).

I think Peter has always been a wish fulfillment character to some degree; he had Betty and Liz fighting over him after all with not much effort on his part. The relateability thing comes in when he screws up the potential romances or the relationships have rocky moments, combined with other issues he faces like lack of money, a crappy job or homework.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He's been good looking since Romita.
    Very much agreed.

During his High School's days he got Betty Brant and Liz Allan fawning over him.

Dorrie Evans use him in a issue to have a jealous Human Torch.

He flirted with Sue Storm in front of the other three FF.

The only down thing was Sally Avril's rejection in Amazing Fantasy #15.

All of this you can't do it withouth certain attractivness.

It's explicitly stated that he's attractive. In dialogue. Repeatedly, throughout the years.

There's really no debate.