Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member Dominick1216's Avatar

Default Has Superman Had Any Other Children Besides Jon in Main Continuity?

In the main continuity (Pre-Crisis, Post-Crisis, New 52, & Rebirth), has Superman had any other children besides Jon? Either biological or adopted?

BANNED

Pre-Flashpoint there was Chris Kent.

In the Silver Age he had at least one child. There was a story where Superman's rocket went to another dimension, he then live a whole life there getting married and having a son, before he was eventually deaged back to a baby and sent to Earth.

Pre-CoIE, in Superman Family #200 (1980), the issue dealt with a future Superman family where Clark and Lois were married and had a daughter (Laura).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Pre-Flashpoint there was Chris Kent.
    In addition to Chris (a character whose recent treatment had made me come to dislike Jon) there was Cir-El (Cheryl Kent) who was also adopted by Clark and Lois. (And yes, the way SHE was tossed aside only made my dislike of Kara Zor-El stronger)
    Last edited by Assam; 09-20-2017 at 07:06 PM.

BANNED

I didn't know they adopted Cir-El. I barely remember anything about that storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    In addition to Chris (a character whose recent treatment had made me come to dislike Jon)
    There's been a recent treatment of Chris?

I assume by his "recent treatment," you mean his complete absence.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    There's been a recent treatment of Chris?

I assume by his "recent treatment," you mean his complete absence.
    No, I mean this BS.

ALL OF MY HATE.jpg

No, I mean this BS.

ALL OF MY HATE.jpg
    I don't see him as Chris though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see him as Chris though.
    Neither do I, but unless the real Chris pops out of the Phantom Zone next, this is what we're stuck with. It's NuWally being a replacement for Wally all over again, but with much fewer people to complain about it.

Neither do I, but unless the real Chris pops out of the Phantom Zone next, this is what we're stuck with. It's NuWally being a replacement for Wally all over again, but with much fewer people to complain about it.
    I think it's even worse than that. Less reminiscent of new Wally or even Bar Torr than just like... I don't know, I don't even think I can remember a more troubling character reversal. Maybe Superboy-Prime's transformation into a psychopath, but I think this is even worse than that because it has uncomfortable abuse overtones. If Lois and Kal wind up re-adopting this kid and Jon gets a new brother, I'll take everything back, but somehow I don't think that's going to happen. I think they're just removing Chris from continuity to replace him entirely with this new "evil" Lor-Zod, and I am not at all okay with it.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Retired

In continuity, pre-Crisis, Superman's adopted son Gregor, the Changeling--in ACTION COMICS No. 400 (May '71).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I think it's even worse than that. Less reminiscent of new Wally or even Bar Torr than just like... I don't know, I don't even think I can remember a more troubling character reversal. Maybe Superboy-Prime's transformation into a psychopath, but I think this is even worse than that because it has uncomfortable abuse overtones. If Lois and Kal wind up re-adopting this kid and Jon gets a new brother, I'll take everything back, but somehow I don't think that's going to happen. I think they're just removing Chris from continuity to replace him entirely with this new "evil" Lor-Zod, and I am not at all okay with it.
    Yup. QFT. All of this. Right down to being willing to HAPPILY take it all back if he's re-adopted and he and Jon become brothers.

I don't believe it was in anyway 'main continuity'... but does anyone else remember some silver age books where there was an older superman, a 'normal' superman and a superboy that were all related and starring in the same story?

I remember it from an old book my uncle gave me DECADES ago, but have never really seen a reference to that particular 'superfamily' again.... Part of me thinks it may have been an Earth 2 Superman story since the oldest one had the white streaks in his hair.

There was that time he adopted Jimmy Olsen.
    IMG_0254.JPG

Power Girl is Lois and Clark's adopted daughter on Earth 2 Pre Crisis. They adopt her and raise her through her teenage years, having Christmas parties together and the like. Clark nominates her to be a member of the Justice Society once she turns 18, and he becomes semi "retired". Which never really happened since he was soon killing the Anti Monitor. She called them her "Aunt and Uncle" even though she knew he was her cousin.

Which is why it was such a big deal for Power Girl to get her memory back about Kal-L, before they killed him off again.

Last edited by victorsage; 09-21-2017 at 12:01 AM.