Default Thundarr the Barbarian...the villagers need you in 2018

Hey Big Team!

Three questions:
    1) How flipping hilarious and awesome would it be to see brilliantly directed, live action-comedy of Thundarr the Barbarian? With Ookla's audio pulled straight from the 1980-81 cartoons of course.
    2) Does Warner Brothers own the rights?
    3) Why haven't I seen this movie already? I need this in my life!

"Ariel! Ookla! Ride!"

My unbridled enthusiasm for things Kirby would say "YES"!!

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Hell yeah! I'd definitely be down for this!

Imagine what CGI could do with this.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by verisimilitude View Post
    Hey Big Team!

Three questions:
    1) How flipping hilarious and awesome would it be to see brilliantly directed, live action-comedy of Thundarr the Barbarian? With Ookla's audio pulled straight from the 1980-81 cartoons of course.

"Ariel! Ookla! Ride!"
    Time Warner bought Ruby-Spears along with Hanna-Barbera so yeah I assume they do and I loved this cartoon as a kid so I support it fully.

Lords of light!
    Applause!

A wise decision on the part of Time Warner!

Quote Originally Posted by verisimilitude View Post
    Hey Big Team!

Three questions:

"Ariel! Ookla! Ride!"
    There are a few things when it comes to art that have been done as well as they can possibly be done.

Thundarr The Barbarian is first among those things.

Smile Thundarr the Barbarian fanfic

The intro to "Thundarr the Barbarian" for those who forgot or never knew it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhAobPugvsk

I enjoyed the world building in this fan-fiction.

https://quantumbranching.deviantart....orld-540219825

It was a different 1994 than ours: technology had advanced faster, and powerful energy weapons, sophisticated robotics, advanced life support systems, suspended animation technology, and even anti-gravity had been developed. Alas, none of these was sufficient to avert the unimaginable catastrophe: the bases on the Moon perished as well when the satellite was split in two by the gravity of the strange, glowing visitor from interstellar space as it sped through the Earth-Moon system, and Mars had yet to be settled; the Earth was less damaged, but the massive tidal waves, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and falls of Moon-shards were enough to cast civilization in ruins.

In the year 3937, a strange new world has emerged....

Humanity too has mutated. While some mutations are neutral (such as the blue amphibian humans) or damaging (there are various sub-races of misshapen monstrosities or ape-men), perhaps the most significant human form is the Wizard, the magic-user (Sorceress for female Wizards, but Wizard is the general case: the world remains sexist): this variant has spread world-wide, and currently makes up most the world’s ruling classes. (There are those who theorize that wizards are not in fact something new at all, but possessors of an ancient blood that has responded to a new “magic-rich” environment post-Fall, a theory which is supported by the emergence of many strange forces and beings seemingly of magical nature. Current state of the art not being up to advanced gene-sequencing, the question remains unresolved). Wizards are often oddly mutated physically, which further separates them from “baseline” humans, although many are indistinguishable from 20th century humanity. (Not that there aren’t a lot of oddly mutated but non-magical humans).

Lords Of Light - The Thundarr the Barbarian Story
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpnBtlnm5eA

Excelsior!

Daoud

That intro never gets old.

why would it be a comedy?

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    why would it be a comedy?
    Thundarr does the hit first ask questions later mentality. So action/ comedy would be the best.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.