Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Yeah, I enjoyed the payoff and the deep delve into how she can use her powers outside of typical superfights, and how she still has the dark side of her personality for strangers. I'm also re-reading BKV's Mystique series, which remains a lot of fun. The split brain/4 arms moment where she wields 4 guns is still really inventive. (One-upping Skurge!)
    they never did quite explain how that worked. wings I understand. her being able to make glasses, sure. but two heads. that's a real rearrangement of the nervous system. there were also times when she took her clothes off in the series (after establishing that she's always naked). so her discarded skin...does it deteriorate like regular skin? could she open a shoe store with shoes she has morphed and removed? I have questions.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I like Mystique from the 80s best but sometimes she is portrayed decently

As a 1-note "i'm crazy and just want to mess with folks" ... eh it's ok for like AU stories sure

I think she is OK in Weapon X actually.
    she certainly peaked during the 80s (i liked her having an entourage and the relationship with Irene). i'm still waiting for her to return to form. I wasn't a fan of the established mental illness that had to be "cured" by Psylocke. I always thought that's he was playing the X-Men/Forge by pretending to be "skatter-brained" because of all of her shape-shifting.

Anyone here play the mobile game "Strike Force"? Apparently they just added Mystique as playable character there.
    ꦩꦒ꧀ꦤꦺꦠꦺꦴ ꦩꦺꦩꦁ ꦧꦼꦤꦂ

I like it when Mystique is leading a team of mutants who use underhanded tactics to fight for mutant rights. But, Magneto is back to leading the Brotherhood. And Weapon X is about to be canceled. That leaves Mystique without a team to lead unless she stays in charge of Weapon X after it is gone, thought that seems unlikely.

If I could pick a new team for her, I would choose Frenzy, NuPyro, Mesmero, and Omega Red.

What do other fans think. Do you like her leading a mutant rights team, or do you prefer for her to become a solo character?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    I like it when Mystique is leading a team of mutants who use underhanded tactics to fight for mutant rights. But, Magneto is back to leading the Brotherhood. And Weapon X is about to be canceled. That leaves Mystique without a team to lead unless she stays in charge of Weapon X after it is gone, thought that seems unlikely.

If I could pick a new team for her, I would choose Frenzy, NuPyro, Mesmero, and Omega Red.

What do other fans think. Do you like her leading a mutant rights team, or do you prefer for her to become a solo character?
    It's a good question what I *want* for 'Tique. What appears to be going on is they're turning her into a "classic villain" (see her BLACK issue). I mean was she fighting for mutant rights in that issue I don't think so.

I'm not sure where she fits in and I agree making Magneto retreat into goddamn Asteroid M and reform a Brotherhood is so abominable where to even begin

Polaris and Danger are apparently running a school of some kind in Madripoor... possibly 'Tique can join them? But only if the writers tone down her "uber evil" vibes
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    It's a good question what I *want* for 'Tique. What appears to be going on is they're turning her into a "classic villain" (see her BLACK issue). I mean was she fighting for mutant rights in that issue I don't think so.

I'm not sure where she fits in and I agree making Magneto retreat into goddamn Asteroid M and reform a Brotherhood is so abominable where to even begin

Polaris and Danger are apparently running a school of some kind in Madripoor... possibly 'Tique can join them? But only if the writers tone down her "uber evil" vibes
    Firstly, I should admit that I was wrong to suggest that Mesmero would make a good member for a mutant rights type of Brotherhood team. In his time as a member of the Brotherhood over in Gold, he was a sellout to the anti-mutant human, if I recall correctly.

Whether or not Mystique was fighting for mutant rights in the Black issue would depend on what she intended to do with the Mothervine data. If she was stealing it to protect other mutants from future Mothervine experiments, I would say that makes something of a mutant rights fighter. Just my opinion.

As for Mystique becoming a more classic villain and murderess character, my guess would be that it looks that way because comics in general are becoming more violent. The X-Men and X-Force frequently kill their enemies. And they do morally dubious things. To keep the villains looking as if they are still bad guys, I think that the villains are made to look more violent to keep them from looking like they are morally equivalent to the heroes. But that is just a guess on my part, and I could be very wrong.

I still prefer Mystique as the leader of a team, and not a solo villain. I just think that being the leader of a team makes her look more clever, and she seems more important as a villain if she is in charge of something. I think that she makes a great lead figure for a group that has a different method of trying to gain mutant rights than the X-Men, or even Magneto. Just my opinion.