Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    Thanks for the art. Some great work by the artists.

Too bad they keep ruining the character. In the latest All New X-men # 27. Apparently having sex fantasies with Prof X. In the form of Moira McTaggert. Getting pregnant and lacking the courage to raise her child. She has the courage to troll the X-mne 24/7 though. What a step backwards in character development. Just so they can find a reason to cash in on the new X-men movie.
    WTF??? Is this some ludicrous attempt at adjusting the comics to the films again? Marvel! Movie fans don't give a crap! And would probably expect the comics to be different as most know Book/Comic adaptations arent 100 percent. If anything they think it was silly once they start reading back issues! Ugh! So sick of that!

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    WTF??? Is this some ludicrous attempt at adjusting the comics to the films again? Marvel! Movie fans don't give a crap! And would probably expect the comics to be different as most know Book/Comic adaptations arent 100 percent. If anything they think it was silly once they start reading back issues! Ugh! So sick of that!
    Probably. If they had at least developed the story for some time. I would make some sense. Instead it's a attempt by Marvel to milk the popularity of the movies. Which again i would have no problems with it if it did not ruin Mystique as a character.
    Last edited by sureshot; 05-13-2014 at 06:06 AM.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Great art ASD. Keep them coming everyone. Some amazing art so far.

I wish they'd stop trying to make her a hero. I know the lines between X-Men and bad guy mutants is sometimes pretty thin, but I like her as a villain.

I think she's very cool.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

The problem is that the character was a villain with some complexity and proper motivations. Now all we get in terms of personality is psycho, sociopath with a anti-X-men obsession 24/7. I can respect fans who like that. Yet I find that boring as hell. Where the character was unpredictable now as a reader to me at so damn predictable with no complexity and motivations that so far make no sense. All she does is troll Wolverine and the X-men. Not helped by her having slept with Xavier either. It's quite telling when the movie version has more complexity and personality imo. The reason I see her as a hero or more anti-hero was like Magneto if you can't beat them join them. The character has spent 20 years or so unsuccessfully trying to destroy the X-men. Maybe it's time to join the ranks of hero. Or at the very least anti-hero like they are portraying Magneto in his solo series. Not a complete villain yet not shy about using villain style methods to get what he wants. Even then her return to being a villain would not have bothered me so much if it had not retconned a bunch of character development to do so.
    Last edited by sureshot; 06-10-2014 at 05:51 AM.

BANNED

i miss her Freedom Force days. she, at least, wasn't dating Sabretooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
    Not to mention she was with her true love Destiny. The villains on that team were great too, and not lame like the ones created these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
    It's kind of hinted in a very clumsy way that she may still have feelings for Azzazel. I rather she date him. I found Wolverine to be a perfect match after Destiny. Both very similar in more ways than either care to admit. Both have lived for a long time. Unless Wolverine gets mind controlled she does not have to worry about getting stabbed in the back. The same can't be said for Sabertooth. I also miss the Freedom force days as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Not to mention she was with her true love Destiny. The villains on that team were great too, and not lame like the ones created these days.
    I don't think we will see the return of Destiny. Kind of hard to have the heroes defeat the villains when the villains have someone that can see the future. Not unless the writers alter the story to make it so Destiny powers never work correctly.
    Last edited by sureshot; 06-10-2014 at 05:48 AM.

What about Mystique's time spent picking on Carol Danvers? She was a Ms. Marvel villain first, after all.

Given how the current Ms. Marvel is a shapeshifter like her, there's no doubt in my mind that Mystique is going to take notice.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

It would be interesting to see a rematch between the two. Even though imo Mystique is the better, experienced and more powerful shapeshifter. As long as Mystique is not written as a favored character. Lately too much of that imo.

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    It would be interesting to see a rematch between the two. Even though imo Mystique is the better, experienced and more powerful shapeshifter.
    That's kind of the point. Kamala's clearly not going to win the first match between her and Mystique, but it would probably result in her wanting to get better so that she can win the next time Mysti starts causing problems.

Actually, how powerful is Mystique? I know she's gotten some power upgrades over the years, but I'm not sure what her current specifics are. Did she finally overcome her mass limitation (something Kamala is not affected by)?
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Last edited by Enigmatic Undead; 06-25-2014 at 02:59 AM.