Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    That's kind of the point. Kamala's clearly not going to win the first match between her and Mystique, but it would probably result in her wanting to get better so that she can win the next time Mysti starts causing problems.
    Your probably right about Ms Marvel losing the fight. At least at first because of inexperience with her new shapeshifting abilites. What I don't want is another story where Mystique does anything and everything. Then just easily escapes no matter the odds. I'm all for smart and compatent villains. Ones that always escape no matter what get boring after a certain point. I would like to see Mystique win. Yet have a hard time doing so. That even with her recent power upgrade other characters can still challenge her in a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Actually, how powerful is Mystique? I know she's gotten some power upgrades over the years, but I'm not sure what her current specifics are. Did she finally overcome her mass limitation (something Kamala is not affected by)?
    That's what made her "death" so disappointing imo. Finally she can't escape at the last minute and a character actually gets a measure of revenge. Only it was a excuse to kill her off to get a power upgrade. Not sure about her mass limitation being overcome yet her shapeshifting abilites are stronger. So much so that Wolverine can no longer smell her disguised as another person. Which explains why he slept with her disguised as another person.I found it overkill as the character was powerful enough. The writers not so much. What makes no sense is how Raze is supposed to be stronger and better and more insane. I get being more insane with Mystique as a mother who would not be imo. The rest felt like Marvel just wanting to make Raze seem colloer as a character

As usual ASD thanks for the art.
    Last edited by sureshot; 06-26-2014 at 06:42 AM.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

I'd love to see a cosplay model recreate the "Come and Get Me, Lover" pose from "Get Mystique".

Default Mystique: Badass Bandit Queen?

In a recent article in the London Evening Standard, their film critic said about the scene in "X-Menays Of Future Past" where Mystique morphs into a black girl with an afro haircut, "If Xavier is Martin Luther King, and Magneto is Malcolm X, does this mean that Mystique is Angela Davis?" I hope not, because Davis was an idiot; all she did was lend her gun to George Jackson's brother, and accept his word that he wasn't going to use it to bust his brother out of jail; personally I always thought that Mystique was Phoolan Devi, the badass Bandit Queen of India, which would make Xavier Ghandi, and Magneto Subash Chandra Bhose, which woks much better in my opinion.

How is it that Xavier has almost as many illegitimate kids as Magneto, when he's a paraplegic and has absolutely no function below the waist?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by trevor andrew millar View Post
    How is it that Xavier has almost as many illegitimate kids as Magneto, when he's a paraplegic and has absolutely no function below the waist?
    Ask yourself this.....do you really want to know the answers to that question?

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Mystique is one of the greats of X-Villians. Though having a child with Xavier is so wrong. I really hope to see about when they did this lol. I hope theres more to the Madripoor plot coming to really propel her to new heights as a villian.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Mystique is one of the greats of X-Villians. Though having a child with Xavier is so wrong. I really hope to see about when they did this lol. I hope theres more to the Madripoor plot coming to really propel her to new heights as a villian.
    I do hope we see why she had a child with Xavier. Hopefully it gets retconned imo. As a fan of the character I want to see what happens with the Madripoor plot as well. I do want them to write it properly though. The way they have been doing it as of late is not that good imo. Have the character always escape at the last minute. It gets boring imo. The character should have victories and loses. So far it's been non-stop victories. Only so many times other characters can be written dumb and stupid to make one character escape imo.

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    I do hope we see why she had a child with Xavier. Hopefully it gets retconned imo. As a fan of the character I want to see what happens with the Madripoor plot as well. I do want them to write it properly though. The way they have been doing it as of late is not that good imo. Have the character always escape at the last minute. It gets boring imo. The character should have victories and loses. So far it's been non-stop victories. Only so many times other characters can be written dumb and stupid to make one character escape imo.
    I'm very disappointed with how she's been handled lately. This whole crap with her hooking up with Xavier is obviously just correlated with the films, and is doing nothing but further ruining her character.

Besides that, what can Mystique do to redeem herself for her crimes against Dazzler? I highly doubt Dazzler will get justice, but I feel that as a quality character, Mystique should receive some punishment for what she did.

So in the latest issue of UXM # 24. Charles Xavier had married Mystique.

Good? Bad? Or simply a gimmick to tie the movies and comic together.

While I wanted to see a well written Mystique. Having Prof X marry the woman who killed off Moira mctaggert seems a mistake. As well we had no foreshadowing or advance notice of it. No side story. Just BAM! they were a married couple and had a kid. It's still too early to see if its a good or bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    So in the latest issue of UXM # 24. Charles Xavier had married Mystique.

Good? Bad? Or simply a gimmick to tie the movies and comic together.

While I wanted to see a well written Mystique. Having Prof X marry the woman who killed off Moira mctaggert seems a mistake. As well we had no foreshadowing or advance notice of it. No side story. Just BAM! they were a married couple and had a kid. It's still too early to see if its a good or bad thing.
    If fleshed out correctly it could work.
    They're both complex characters who have done questionable things over the years.
    If real my only concern is that it won't get fleshed out well.

That's assuming this isn't another shapeshifting trick my Mystique.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Ultimate Member

We don't know exactly when the marriage took place. It could have been before she killed Moira. And he was willing to let her join the X-Men before, so it's not TOO surprising. And compared to some of the other "questionable" stuff that Xavier has done, this isn't even close to being the most WTF of them. Also, if they really wanted to tie more into the movies, then they'd have had the "big revelation" be that Mystique was Xavier's long-lost sister and that she'd secretly married Magneto, or something like that. No, I think that it's much more about making Mystique THE big X-antagonist at the moment.

Sigh

I hope she gets turned into a horseman then has her brain nuked like Angel. Salvage what you can.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    No, I think that it's much more about making Mystique THE big X-antagonist at the moment.
    She kind of already is imo. All over the place in the x-men titles. So she did not imo need a bigger push. I would like to see both sides kind of work togther. Sort of like a truce with each side going at it at the least provocation. If Prof X really left Mystique everything in his will they may have to work togehter. After all if she owns everything of Prof X it's kind of going to be hard to get it all back. Mind you it could be like Anthony said a trick or plot by Mystique. As well unless she gets a big power upgrrade or bigger team she does not have the power level to stand up against the X-men as well.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    If fleshed out correctly it could work.
    They're both complex characters who have done questionable things over the years.
    If real my only concern is that it won't get fleshed out well.

That's assuming this isn't another shapeshifting trick my Mystique.
    I agree if done well. The problem is that Bendis takes forever to do so. Prof X would have to forgiven what was done to Moira. Or at the very least he had to marry her before Mystique killed Moira. As well I'm not sure if Bendis can pull it off. I also don't want it to be a trick on Mystique part. The X-men made to be fools by villains or a writers favored character(s) has been done to death. At this point you think the X-men would expect Mystique to try and pull something like this imo. At the very least not every X-men should believe that Prof X married Mystique if it is a plot imo.
    Last edited by sureshot; 07-31-2014 at 08:21 PM.

This is some epic cosplay. Get these over to the X-Men Cosplay thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post

Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by All-New Valar Stercus NOW.1 View Post
    Sigh

I hope she gets turned into a horseman then has her brain nuked like Angel. Salvage what you can.
    How about we actually, you know, wait and see how it all plays out before jumping the gun and pre-judging things. I know it's hard for comic fans to do that, but lets at least try.