Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I'm betting that Marvel will BS some way to not have Mystique leave Earth after SW ends, like her legendary plot-armor/shapeshifting allowing her to create a complete immunity to Terrigen poisoning. If this happens, I personally hope that this means she gets to go back to being a full-time Captain/Ms. Marvel villain (like she originally started as) now that the mutant quagmire is all-but-removed.

And just to drive it home, nobody calls her "mutant" anymore unless they want a bullet in their brain. She's just Mystique, period.
    Last edited by Myetche; 05-27-2015 at 05:37 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

art by Magickmarker

ComicArtCommissions

Excellent pencils.

[QUOTE=Myetche;1226465]
    I'm betting that Marvel will BS some way to not have Mystique leave Earth after SW ends, like her legendary plot-armor/shapeshifting allowing her to create a complete immunity to Terrigen poisoning. If this happens, I personally hope that this means she gets to go back to being a full-time Captain/Ms. Marvel villain (like she originally started as) now that the mutant quagmire is all-but-removed.

[QUOTE=Myetche;1226465]
    As long as they give her more motivation and personality. We don't need the character to go from having a 24/7 365 year anti-X-men obsession to a similar one with Ms. Marvel. I'm not saying make her a hero. The character needs more than being a one dimensional mustache twirling sociopath psycho. She did get a power upgrade awhile back so she could be immune to terrigen poisoning. Chances are that your going to be right and the will come up with a BS reason to come her on Earth. I do hope they do the smart thing and have her leave with the rest of the mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    And just to drive it home, nobody calls her "mutant" anymore unless they want a bullet in their brain. She's just Mystique, period.
    At this point with how poorly they write the character a person could sneeze or burp near her. Mystique would shot them dead for no reason for simply doing such a simple thing. It's kind of sad when the movie version has more personality then the comic version imo.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    We don't need the character to go from having a 24/7 365 year anti-X-men obsession to a similar one with Ms. Marvel.
    Actually, Mystique has always had a 24/7/365 obsession with destroying Carol Danvers and everybody associated with her out of sheer hate and spite (owing to how she started as a Ms. Marvel villain). It just doesn't come up too much because of how she's only really used for X-Men books nowadays, but occasionally some writer remembers and you get to see Mystique at quite possibly her absolute worst.
    Last edited by Myetche; 07-03-2015 at 12:03 PM.

The Best of Mystique

X-men 15th Aniversary, there are other clips too in X-men movies official youtube channel.
    Last edited by veriaqa; 07-14-2015 at 01:15 AM.
    ꦩꦒ꧀ꦤꦺꦠꦺꦴ ꦩꦺꦩꦁ ꦧꦼꦤꦂ

Quote Originally Posted by veriaqa View Post
    The Best of Mystique

X-men 15th Aniversary, there are other clips too in X-men movies official youtube channel.
    Hardly her "best", since movie Mystique essentially has no personality and mostly only exists to cling onto the shoulders of Xavier and later Magneto. Still better than the Joker-esque psycho she's become in the comics over the past decade, though.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Jennifer finished her final day of shooting. Hopefully she continues in a Mystique trilogy to flesh out the character.

Laura Shuler Donner wants it bad

BANNED

Hopefully not. Mystique can get the hell out of the movies from now on. At least put her in the Skull dress. This naked chick thing is ridiculous.

I say yes to removing Mystique from X-Men but not from the universe. Jennifer Lawrence Star Power + 6 X-Men Films under the character belt + great supporting characters + excellent powerset + smaller budget would make the best female super hero movie ever

Yes to clothed Mystique extra points for Skull Dress

Quote Originally Posted by Complexed View Post
    Hopefully not. Mystique can get the hell out of the movies from now on. At least put her in the Skull dress. This naked chick thing is ridiculous.
    I agree. I'm not a fan of J-laws Mystique and I'm tired of looking at scales. Or at least fix her characterization.

You can't just let Jennifer Lawrence leave the franchise

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Complexed View Post
    I think the black trousers and top costume is good - JLaw could pull it off and it would be miles better than having her walk around like a nude blue lizard.

How about Emily Berrington playing Raven in Subsequent movies? Just saw her in "24; Live Another Day" playing "Simone" (Derrick Yates' English-pretending-to-be-Russian girlfriend and assassin); the way she killed him (switchblade through the ear into the brain! Ewwwww gross!); getting away with the drone-override device and completely changing her appearance, then getting away from Jack Bauer by cutting herself, smearing herself with her own blood to simulate an attack, screaming "Help! He's trying to kill me!" and getting away while the crowd tackled Bauer; that is EXACTLY what Raven would have done in that situation. Apart from which, she looks pretty hot. The only question is, can she kickbox?

The movie version may not be the best portrayal of the character true. It's still light years ahead of the trainwreck we have in comics. Seriously when the movie version has more personality than the comic version imo. It's sad. If the movie version was the comic version. She not only would have shot Trask. She would have done simply because she could not get her way. While using his skull as a drinking cup. I do agree they should use the classic look she has in comics.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.