Default DC Comics to Receive LGBTQ "Visionary" Award

i didn't see this posted anywhere else, so forgive me if this is a duplicate topic.

dc comics has been recognized as a visionary literary publisher, specifically for their work with LGBTQ characters and audience.

noted were batwoman, midnighter, catwoman, and renee montoya as "out" lgbt spotlight characters, and alysia yeoh as the first transgendered character in comic books.

there was also a special message on diversity and inclusion from dc president, diane nelson:

https://www.newsarama.com/36500-dc-r...torylines.html

and a big congrats to dc for their work on diversity and inclusion with LGBTQ.

That’s wonderful!

Astonishing Member

GLSEN specifically pointed to DC's Batwoman as "the first lesbain super hero as a comic lead" and Batgirl's Alysia Yeoh as comic books' "first trans character." Also named were Midnighter, Catwoman, and Renee Montoya.
    I know it doesn't sound as cool to say something like "A really well loved supporting Trans Character, Alysia Yeoh from Batgirl" but she isn't the first trans character.

yes that is important. there were many trans characters before that. you forgot to congratulate them in your correction

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    yes that is important. there were many trans characters before that. you forgot to congratulate them in your correction
    ...because the way my phrase is set up it doesn't need it to? I'm not the one mistakenly calling a Trans Character the FIRST EVER.

That'd be as weird as someone mentioning Kate and saying she's the first Lesbian Character and so forth.

are the pedantics really necessary. you've typed more on that than the entirety of a. the topic of the thread and b. anyone else in here

back on topic, john constantine should get some praise here too. i know he's technically bi, and constantine right now isn't my favorite book. but DC has two solo ongoings that feature lead LGBT characters right now: batwoman and constantine. plus, jla has the ray as one of its main stars.

go dc! let's get a midnighter and apollo solo ongoing

That's really cool. Good for DC!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post

go dc! let's get a midnighter and apollo solo ongoing
    That be awesome, but I'd much rather see more Secret Six. Catman, Porcelain, Scandal, Knockout, and Jeanette are all confirmed LBGTIQ, being Bi-Sexual, gender fluid, lesbians in a polyamorous marriage with another woman, and confirmed non-straight respectively.

Cool to hear .

It's wonderful and very well deserved. Midnighter, DC Bombshells and of course the rest work with Alyssa is proof they have done very well. Can't wait to see what DC does next!