Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Hmm... no offense to pre-historic Black Panther or Iron Fist, but I wonder how useful they would be fighting that.
    No idea about Iron Fist nut I'm assuming Bast will have bigger role maybe?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Just to be clearer for those who don't know. Homo Sapiens shouldn't exist (either H. Sapiens Sapiens or H. Sapiens Neanderthalis). However, there is H. Erectus around, iirc. I appreciate that they don't seem to have language (we'll have to see what the deal is with the Black Panther), but I'm curious about things like hair coverage at this point.

ETA: This article might be an interesting read

Apparently, best estimates are some time older than 1.2 million years ago.
    A million years ago? Yeah, I'm definitely viewing this as the creators stretching the truth quite a bit about human origins. I'm not even sure if the dragon, Shou Lou is that old, to be honest with you. But let's see where they go with it. I might pick up an issue. Might.

Quote Originally Posted by nitake92 View Post
    Regarding Black Panther, if this iteration can do what T Challa did in the final issue of the Ultimates then he's on a comparable power scale.
    Well, to be fair, that wasn't the Black Panther channeling Bast or any African god. That was BP using the White Tiger god's powers, which is a separate entity altogether. I found it curious that Ewing didn't make Bast that powerful.

Obviously, Marvel wanted BP for this book, but I probably would have gone a different direction altogether in terms of the entire cast. And why would Ghost Rider ride a Mammoth when the mythos could have easily called for him to ride a dragon or wyvern, or some other mythological creature? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    BTW, at Baltimore Comic Con today, they let a couple people from the audience read this issue. One of them was a kid (maybe ten) who was a little annoyed that the reveal at the end was cut out of his copy. However, it's appears that Jean Grey was referenced in the story, which tells me that's not the reveal.
    Interesting...there was a Breevort interview from Friday over at Newsarama where he warned fans not wanting to be spoiled to stay off the Internet on Monday. If the big return is adult Jean Grey, I'd say it's too late for that. So it has to be someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    A million years ago? Yeah, I'm definitely viewing this as the creators stretching the truth quite a bit about human origins. I'm not even sure if the dragon, Shou Lou is that old, to be honest with you. But let's see where they go with it. I might pick up an issue. Might.
    Pick up "an issue"? Do you mean you might buy the one-shot issue?
    (Isn't this a on-shot deal?)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Pick up "an issue"? Do you mean you might buy the one-shot issue?
    (Isn't this a on-shot deal?)
    Yep and yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Interesting...there was a Breevort interview from Friday over at Newsarama where he warned fans not wanting to be spoiled to stay off the Internet on Monday. If the big return is adult Jean Grey, I'd say it's too late for that. So it has to be someone else.
    I was just casually logging onto the net when one of the sites randomly announced adult Jean's return. I hope the reveal is something other than that. That cat is already out of the bag.

BANNED

it is a one shot but it has been said they will turn up again sometime ahead in the future.

Incredible Member

Id like to have seen one of the green knights champions on the team......

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    It's true....and the deed's done....!!!!

....And now, the Readers will have a reason to either love or hate this Wednesday; when MARVEL LEGACY #1 will debut This Week.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Well, to be fair, that wasn't the Black Panther channeling Bast or any African god. That was BP using the White Tiger god's powers, which is a separate entity altogether. I found it curious that Ewing didn't make Bast that powerful.

Obviously, Marvel wanted BP for this book, but I probably would have gone a different direction altogether in terms of the entire cast. And why would Ghost Rider ride a Mammoth when the mythos could have easily called for him to ride a dragon or wyvern, or some other mythological creature? Interesting.
    Ewing did that because the train wreck that is Coates BP solo is doing a god arc (Very cool concept, something long time fans have been asking for, but just a horrible horrible execution that does T'challa and Wakanda zero favors) and Bast is missing so ewing noted that int he Story and had him Take the tiger gods power, which that was cool, forcefully taking a gods power. But for this BP he could be connected to Bast directly and be able to channel basts power

The continuity regarding Iron Fist still bothers me. Early theories mentioned she may actually be Shao Lao in human form, but that looks to be false after reading this preview. Always canon issues when a clueless writer handles Iron Fist...

At least the art's beautiful.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Oh good, Aaron writing Odin on a day that finds him in a bad mood. What a novel experience. How new. How excting.
    Well, at 1,000,000 BC, that's quite a few Ragnaroks ago, so technically it's not the same Odin.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Well, at 1,000,000 BC, that's quite a few Ragnaroks ago, so technically it's not the same Odin.
    Wait, with the Incursion mess, could it be that this is history rewritten by someone?