Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

When I first heard about this I was not that thrilled with the idea... but not I cannot wait to read this book. Really like the characters art, the Iron Fist in particular looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    This should hopefully be a mini series or they should hopefully appear in some team's story arc as guest characters.

An ongoing book with this premise would actually not last long. Even though the idea of it seems very cool.
    I would love to see a book with these characters but yeah, I could see it only being a mini. Fingers crossed they have some importance impact with the Marvel mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Ghost Riders on woolly mammoths shouldn't exist either. I think scientific plausibility can comfortably take a back seat here.
    It can... though at the same time I don't think it would take away from the story TOO much if they simply decided things up a couple thousand years.

But it's no big deal I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Because the 1950 team and this one aren't avengers. That title is promotional. Not in universe
    ah, so the attempt is to manipulate. interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wasn't that the Howard Chaykin Avengers that Bendis established in his second New Avengers run?
    No, they go back to this old What If? http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/What_If%3F_Vol_1_9

And then it was revealed that the team in the What If? had actually formed and stuck around for a while, and they eventually came back as the Agents of Atlas.

The Howard Chaykin group would actually be the 1959 Avengers, so same decade but different group.

Spectacular Member

Regarding Black Panther, if this iteration can do what T Challa did in the final issue of the Ultimates then he's on a comparable power scale.

Ribic is just wonderful. I had forgotten that sense of calm stillness his art evokes. Can't wait for this book. Love the Odin / Mjölnir stuff here, perhaps because it is so knowingly controversial. The whole thing just makes me smile.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

BTW, at Baltimore Comic Con today, they let a couple people from the audience read this issue. One of them was a kid (maybe ten) who was a little annoyed that the reveal at the end was cut out of his copy. However, it's appears that Jean Grey was referenced in the story, which tells me that's not the reveal.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I wonder what the being was to take hits from the likes of Odin and the Phoenix Force.

Astonishing Member

Yeah,Ribic art looks great as always.
    Marvel Legacy#1 looks like a must buy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by nitake92 View Post
    Regarding Black Panther, if this iteration can do what T Challa did in the final issue of the Ultimates then he's on a comparable power scale.
    Right, or even if this is the first avatar for Bast thereby have stronger connection leading to the God's power. Hopefully Black Panther isnt going to be included just to be the goat of the team. That would just be horrible optics.

Quote Originally Posted by DMightyBlue View Post
    . . . With this line up, why not a Captain Pangaea or Caveman Hawkeye?
    Or....and i know im going out on a limb here, dare i say, a Captain Caveman lol.
    I'm assuming DC/WB owns the Captain Caveman character these days.

I don't know if he'll show up, but it would be fun if somehow Marvel included

Like the caption says,
    "Tuk" meant "Avenger"

Attilan? As in, home of the Inhumans?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Could be. They're both Jack Kirby.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Ribic is just wonderful. I had forgotten that sense of calm stillness his art evokes. Can't wait for this book. Love the Odin / Mjölnir stuff here, perhaps because it is so knowingly controversial. The whole thing just makes me smile.
    -.-

It's not controversial. It's unnecessary antagonistic, purposefully ignorant, and a clear sign that Aaron is perhaps the worst Thor writer in history. Look at that scene, look at the relationship he writes between Odin and the hammer he creates and used for centuries to defeat Laufey and create a huge part of the Thor method (Loki). Why is Odin so unnecessarily bad tempered? Why is he struggling to lift the hammer 1 million years before the whisper nonsense or the mother storm awakening?

Anyone who's a fan of Aaron isn't a real Thor fan because they wouldn't be able to coincide his retcons with the rest of history and 99% of some of the greatest Thor stories ever told. It's SO frustrating because I was so excited to read a story with Odin in it that didn't have to have him turned into some randomly sadistic, sexist (The man that left Sif in charge of Asgard, created the Valkyries because he was mean to Jane Foster when Thor brought her to Asgard) and cruel *******.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Taking a hard pass on this, but I hope everyone who reads it enjoys the story.