Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'd rather they focus on developing a dynamic with him and his mother first.
    definitely....lois and jon need a standalone comic 2 parter

I'd rather they focus on developing a dynamic with him and his mother first.
    Excellent point. Might Tomasi and Gleason at the Supes title hear you.

Its not like I don't get the tug. He's a superhero. And the son of Superman. The latter dynamic is always going to dominate. It just is. And as a fellow superhero writers always want to develop dynamics with other heroes out there. On a surface level, maybe mother and son doesn't seem as interesting. But it can be. And its important.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Its not like I don't get the tug. He's a superhero. And the son of Superman. The latter dynamic is always going to dominate. It just is. And as a fellow superhero writers always want to develop dynamics with other heroes out there. On a surface level, maybe mother and son doesn't seem as interesting. But it can be. And its important.
    The bonds between mother and son can be a powerful thing. This is another interesting concept I wish the Superman titles would explore.

At this point, I would prefer Jon to have a more solid foundation built into the Superman line proper. There is nothing wrong with him sometimes teaming with Damian (even if I don't read those adventures, not caring about what Rebirth has done in this corner of the DCU), but, honestly, how about Supergirl, Superwoman, Steel, Natasha, etc. ? Couldn't they interact with Jon for the benefices of both parties ?

To be honest I'm wanting Superman to get involved with more of those parties first and foremost. Especially Kara. We were promised more of a relationship between them in Rebirth. And while it is definitely more positive, its still very few and far between that they're actually around one another.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Damian would be a good precedent for this.

IIRC, Damian debuted in 2005 on the pages of Batman. How long after that did he get a solo ongoing title?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

IIRC, Damian debuted in 2005 on the pages of Batman. How long after that did he get a solo ongoing title?
    Damian first appeared in 2006, not 2005, and he got a solo 9 years later in 2015.

Personally i think it is not the age of Jon to move around DCU now. He is only 10! If they want to try they have to make him older say by setting this in the future. Having said that i would love to see him interacting with other heroes. After all i love Jon.

I agree with Sacred Knight. They should focus on mother and son more. Most of the time it is Clark and Jon. Why not some Lois and Jon? Maybe spare an arc or two. Give them some good time in the main book. Well give them a Lois and Jon book and i am in. Lois: Supermom. I love that.

But it shall not be at the cost of SuperSons. I love that book.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 09-21-2017 at 10:56 PM.

I haven't taken to Jon but why not although i doubt he can carry a long term solo series.

BANNED

Given that Super Sons is now ending in May 2018: Can we finally get this idea off the ground ?

September 2017:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Honestly am I the only one who want to see Jon Kent interact with the rest of the DCU beyond the Superman titles ?

I mean how about a mini-series written by current DC writers and having Jon Kent learning from the DC heroes of that title for a month or two ?

As fans of Jon Kent: What do you think of this idea, do you want to see Jon Kent expand beyond Superman and who would you want him to meet ?
    Four months later:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Given that Super Sons is now ending in May 2018: Can we finally get this idea off the ground ?
    Hey, maybe Jon can run away from home after he's Grounded! and travel the country for awhile!