Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

iron maiden that is simply breathtaking

I remember that one. it's where they inadvertently admitted that Doom was a monster by having him bring Cassie Lang back; while under the effects of Inversion (therefore implying that it was of no concern to regular Doom).

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

The caption is misleading since it says Cassie was murdered "in cold blood". She gave him a pretty solid blow and the returned it. It fact a group of Avengers and X-Men had attacked him. He had gotten zapped with the power of the Life Force when Eli took a shot at him while Wanda, Wiccan and Victor were trying to summon up the Life Force again. The same power corrupted Wanda and she became mentally unbalanced afterward.

Cassie shouldn't have been mixed up in that melee with a bunch of heavy hitters. Some responsible adult should have taken her to the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    The caption is misleading since it says Cassie was murdered "in cold blood". She gave him a pretty solid blow and the returned it. It fact a group of Avengers and X-Men had attacked him. He had gotten zapped with the power of the Life Force when Eli took a shot at him while Wanda, Wiccan and Victor were trying to summon up the Life Force again. The same power corrupted Wanda and she became mentally unbalanced afterward.

Cassie shouldn't have been mixed up in that melee with a bunch of heavy hitters. Some responsible adult should have taken her to the sidelines.
    solid blow usually draws blood or leaves a bruise. maybe all-powerful god doom shouldn't have acted like a villain. or maybe he should have shown some restraint against a child who clearly couldn't hurt him. what happened to the guy who can handle a lion? a weasely coward like Eric O'Grady showed more restraint. "I suggest you "rein" in this tantrum" followed by a killshot." poor form, Doom.

solid blow

eric o grady is no paragon of virtue and the entirety of children's crusade was PIS and character assassination for doctor doom.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    eric o grady is no paragon of virtue and the entirety of children's crusade was PIS and character assassination for doctor doom.
    well I did, literally, call him a cowardly weasel. I'm just comparing the two altercations. Cassie attacked Eric (tried to step on him) because he made a joke about her father. he defended himself; w/o killing her. Doom is significantly stronger than Cassie; because of his armor and because he was some kind of cosmic being during this altercation. Cassie did not attack him unprovoked. she witnessed what she thought to be her father's murder. Doom basically admits to re-killing him, by omission; escalating things. her unrestrained punch simply knocked him off his feet; probably because he wasn't expecting it. he's still talking to her, while they are on the ground. he threatens her. then he kills her. I'd say that he could have not killed her and preserved his own life. I think a court of law would have seen it that way. but we all know that Doom was never going to see the inside of a court. it was a real dirtbag move.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 09-22-2017 at 04:10 PM.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Sue is beautiful. Reed is handsome. They look like movie stars. I'm okay with that.
    me too DD
    we can be heroes, just for one day