• 90's

48 35.29%
  • 00's

24 17.65%
  • 10'

19 13.97%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

1991, I believe. Around Uncanny #275, still one of my favorite issues, great Jim Lee art
    "The preceding announcement has been paid for by the new World order"

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

90s. Shortly after the premiere of TAS. Sold after that.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    91/92

"Peak" of all things X I suppose, with the Pizza Hut promotions, the 2nd comic came out, the cartoon started, the arcade game (which of course used more 80s characters like Dazzler)

I was one of those kids who swooned over what a badass that Wolverine was

WHen it was revealed he always had bone claws I almost had a heart attack from plot overload
    I remember those days... with the comic books they'd give away with action figures and personal pan pizzas...
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by leoseek View Post
    I started in 1975 with the Giant sized issue. Quit in the mid-late 80's.
    wait... you stopped reading X-Men THIRTY years ago?
    Guild Member

Incredible Member

I was in 7th grade in 1992 i think I picked up on a spinner rack at a 7-Eleven in the middle of x-cutioner's song crossover. It had stryfe on the cover and I was so lost figuring out what the hell was going on. It was either x-men #15 or uncanny #296. Talk about a great jumping on point huh?

However I kept reading x-men and uncanny though I liked uncanny more because of the gold team and it had colossus on the team my favorite. Though I read x-men for primarily Psylocke because puberty had reared it's ugly head and im embarassed to admit that. Though when I went to high school I started trying to find back issues and when my hometown finally got a comic shop I was able to start reading entire runs.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by petrefax View Post
    Though I read x-men for primarily Psylocke because puberty had reared it's ugly head and im embarassed to admit that.
    Aw don't be sorry. Fiction characters (lots of them, males and females, mainly from comics) have been my fetish as far back as I can remember, since I was a little child. I don't think it's a big deal. Usually.