30 22.06%
  • 90's

48 35.29%
  • 00's

24 17.65%
  • 10'

19 13.97%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Last edited by Tugger; 09-21-2017 at 09:58 PM.

early 90s baby

Amazing Member

/\ I was around then myself, early 80s

Ultimate Member

Late 80's to early 90's, one of the first issues that I actually bought was back when Revanche showed up and Logan had Betsy pinned to a wall with his claws back in the early 90's...sorry ZNOP but 76 was 3 years before I was born...and now the news that I'm going to be a great uncle really makes me feel old at the tender age of 38...

Like many, the X-men Animated Series in the 90s got me started. Later, X-men Evolution helped reinvigorate my interest. But I think a lot of modern X-men fans can tie their love to the X-men Animated Series that kick-started the X-men's heyday. Good times.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

1988-89 --Outback Era. I promptly applied myself to search for all of old issues, which I found even better than current series.

Back then, superhero comic-books were only for geeks in my country

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Late 00s, I was 11-12, the school Library had early Claremont issues, giant size X-men, Phoenix and dark Phoenix saga, Nightcrawler inferno etc
    Now that's a school library

Amazing Member

91. x-men vol 2 no1.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

The 80s a friend of mine showed me X-men 142. I didn't understand it was a alternate timeline story, so i thought that they were all dead and it was the end of the comicbook. He showed me other issues and i started reading them.

This tricky for me since the time period I started reading in was the 90's but the first X-Stories I read where these:

In that order. So do I vote 90's even though these titles came out in the 70's an 80's ...?
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I started in the 10' but I read mostly in the release order from the beginning. I wanted to do it in the 00' but I didn't know where to start.

I'm kinda sad I didn't started during the 80' but since I wasn't born well... But that's probably during the 80' and the 90' that I would wanted start if I could...

Don't know the exact year but it was during the early 90's

2011, but I started with mid-2000s stuff.

BANNED

I think it was 93/94 and the cartoon brought me into it, use to get the UK issues that had 3 issues collected then they named it amazing X-men then Essential X-men.

It was probably this

But my first actually US made comic from X-men that I can remember was this

It was easier to get the UK essential books for X-men and Spiderman back then and good prices though stories were a year or 2 behind the US versions, I did use to pick up other US comics like Spiderman 2099, Fantastic Four, ghost rider and it was Onslaught marvel universe one shot that made me switch completely to US versions in 96 thanks to introducing me to so many new characters I'd never bothered with before.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

I think the first issue of Uncanny X-Men I read was #172 when they were in Japan for Logans wedding to Mariko. I wasn't quite sure what to think. The issue came in one of those package deals with five other comics. It was a few years later I picked up Uncanny 190, which was the 2 part Kulan Gath story line. I was hooked after that because I immediately fell in love with Colossus. I now have every X-Men title from Uncanny 115 to now.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    It was in 1976 for me...
    I started in 1975 with the Giant sized issue. Quit in the mid-late 80's.