30 22.06%
  • 90's

48 35.29%
  • 00's

24 17.65%
  • 10'

19 13.97%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

In the 90's reading 90's era comics. It was...confusing...but awesome.

Mighty Member

Early 1991.

X-Factor vol. 1 #67. Bought it off a spinner rack at a convenience store.

BANNED

'99-'00

back when you had to dig through long boxes for incomplete story arcs. None of this "TPB" easiness.

You went to a comic store with your $15 bought what you could find regardless of the order of the story and then pieced them together. I actually enjoyed the hunt.

Ended up donating my collection to a children's charity when things when digital.

Astonishing Member

80´s, but i started with the German editions they were very late so, basically i began with Giant size X-Men 1.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    back when you had to dig through long boxes for incomplete story arcs. None of this "TPB" easiness.

You went to a comic store with your $15 bought what you could find regardless of the order of the story and then pieced them together. I actually enjoyed the hunt.
    That was way funnier and more exciting. Actually, I still do the hunt the same way

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    '99-'00

Ended up donating my collection to a children's charity when things when digital.
    Oh god yes, the amount of random issues I have and then spent the rest of my summer trying to piece the whole story together.

Good times and the hunt made it all so much more fun.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

'92/'93 for me.

I vividly remember a buddy of mine handing me Uncanny X-Men #298 on the school bus one morning and saying, "Dude, you've gotta read this." I've been hooked ever since.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Fall of 89

In the middle 90's (1996 I think). The tv show was my first introduction, then I started to read Claremont run. It was my first actual comic book. I didn't buy any other books until I finished his run.

No prize to the poster who indicated they started reading in the 60's. To still be involved as an x-fan today that's 50+ years. Kudos for supporting a franchise for so long that we all love.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    No prize to the poster who indicated they started reading in the 60's. To still be involved as an x-fan today that's 50+ years. Kudos for supporting a franchise for so long that we all love.
    Seconded! .
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Amazing Member

Well, I’m the second person to vote the 60s. I started in late ‘69 reading a few of the Neal Adams era books, along with the reprints of the early Lee-Kirby stories that were then being published. Good times.
    I have not been a continual reader since then, however, although I was there for the mid-70s revival. My post-Claremont reading has been reserved for a few key runs that I really like: Morrison, Whedon, Remender’s X-Force, a few other things here and there.

March of 1978.
    xmen111.jpg
    X-Men #111
    Picked this up at the local Lawson's.

Incredible Member

Early 70s. 1973 I believe it was. Read issues from the original run during the reprint era. Except for a year or two I bought straight through until Morrison's run when I stopped. Read Endsong and X Factor Forever after that, but I didn't buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai32 View Post
    Well, I’m the second person to vote the 60s. I started in late ‘69 reading a few of the Neal Adams era books, along with the reprints of the early Lee-Kirby stories that were then being published. Good times.
    I have not been a continual reader since then, however, although I was there for the mid-70s revival. My post-Claremont reading has been reserved for a few key runs that I really like: Morrison, Whedon, Remender’s X-Force, a few other things here and there.
    Regardless you're here now. Thanks for coming back to this ridiculous, frustrating, amazing franchise. To have lived the changes in the line and still find something of what you liked from the 60's is pretty amazing actually. I'm still struggling to find in the modern x-men what I loved from the 80's and 90's.