Thread: Best PS1 Games

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Best PS1 Games

Can some of you guys make a list of 5 to 10 essential PS1 games? Try not to make lists of 20 or 30 games... I can't afford it!!!

I just mean the best and most essential games. I've been buying some classics (Spyro, Crash, Tony Hawk 2, Tekken 3) and games I owned as a kid that maybe aren't classics (Rugrats Search for Reptar, Spongebob Squarepants Super Sponge, Armey Men 3D, Gameday 99) I'm looking for more stuff to play.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

In my case I would consider essentials to be Metal Gear Solid, Tekken 3, Crash 3, Final Fantasy VII and Spyro. Sounds like you have two of those already?

BANNED

If I had to pick just one game, it would be the original Silent Hill, there's not even a close second for me.

Honorable mentions that haven't been mentioned yet: Syphon Filter, Deathtrap Dungeon, and Tenchu Stealth Assassins.
    Last edited by Carabas; 09-22-2017 at 01:15 AM.

BANNED

Final Fantasy Tactics
    Vagrant Story
    Grandia
    Xenogears
    Chrono Cross
    Valkyrie Profile
    The Oddworld games

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    If I had to pick just one game, it would be the original Silent Hill, there's not even a close second for me.

Honorable mentions that haven't been mentioned yet: Syphon Filter, Deathtrap Dungeon, and Tenchu Stealth Assassins.
    Gah, I feel guilty not thinking of Tenchu or Syphon Filter, those games were awesome. Also another yes for the original Oddsworld: Abe's Odyesee.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Symphony of the Night, by a large margin.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

My favorite PSX games were Crash Bandicoot, 2Xtreme, Syphon Filter, and Need For Speed.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium